PDA

View Full Version : Well, I just got Botox.

JuniorxMyxLove
01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I had my appointment this morning to get Botox in an attempt to find relief from headaches.

It's supposed to take 7-10 days to really start working (apparently, it'll "sneak up" on me) so I don't feel any different now...but the procedure really wasn't that bad. Apparently the dosage and location on my face is the same they use on people who do it for cosmetic reasons, so I'll never get wrinkles!

The doctor did 4 injections in my brow, one between my eyebrows, one on each temple, and then four in my neck (two on each side). I only have headaches on one side of my head but he did both so I wouldn't be lopsided, haha.

It was...weird. The needle was super tiny and just felt like a small poke, but it freaked me out that I could feel the stuff being injected under my skin. It was like...COLD! I was not a fan, haha. The ones in my temple were the worst!

But overall, it took less than 10 minutes and was pretty bearable. It's been 4 yrs and 10+ doctors, but I think we finally found something to stop my headaches and if it works, it'll be completely worth it.

So, yeah. I know there are several members here who also suffer from headaches so I thought I'd share my experience with the Botox. If your doctor thinks it might be of help, I'd highly recommend doing it. It's not bad at all (coming from someone with an irrational fear of needles)

Also, I find it hilarious that I have arthritis AND Botox. I'm not even 18 yet!

Karen
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Do let us know how you feel in the coming days.

The one bad thing with Botox is it doesn't last forever, as many starlets can attest to, but hopefully this will bring you relief!

kuhio98
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes, please keep us posted on your experience. I'm interested because a good friend had to have nose surgery a few months ago. She never had migraines before the surgery but now they're almost constant. She's been in the emergency room numerous times and they have knock her out to relieve the pain. Of course the nose surgeon says the surgery has nothing to do with her migraines.

She's barely 30 with no wrinkles, but if Botox is an option, I'd sure like to tell her about it. Soo, keep us posted and Thanks!

cassiesmom
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Juniormyxlove, I hope it helps and you get relief from your headaches!

robinh
01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I sure hope this will help you with the horrible migraines.

I get migraines, but they aren't frequent "thank heavens". I've been seeing an accupuncturist to help with mine. So far, so good.

JuniorxMyxLove
01-07-2012, 09:14 AM
The back of my neck is really, really sore today. The muscles hurt and it feels like a bruise when I touch it. The doctor did tell me that while the injections in my face were right below the skin, the ones in my neck would go into the muscle more so I'm not surprised that I'm a little sore.

Do let us know how you feel in the coming days.

The one bad thing with Botox is it doesn't last forever, as many starlets can attest to, but hopefully this will bring you relief!

Yeah, I *think* that it'll need to be redone every six months or something like that. That's still WAAY better than taking 8 pills a day, though. (I'm starting to have issues with my stomach from them)

Yes, please keep us posted on your experience. I'm interested because a good friend had to have nose surgery a few months ago. She never had migraines before the surgery but now they're almost constant. She's been in the emergency room numerous times and they have knock her out to relieve the pain. Of course the nose surgeon says the surgery has nothing to do with her migraines.

She's barely 30 with no wrinkles, but if Botox is an option, I'd sure like to tell her about it. Soo, keep us posted and Thanks!

The dr. said that Botox wasn't very effective for people with actual migraines. Since mine were never diagnosed as migraines and are just called "chronic daily headaches" and they weren't rebound headaches, I was a good candidate.

I sure hope this will help you with the horrible migraines.

I get migraines, but they aren't frequent "thank heavens". I've been seeing an accupuncturist to help with mine. So far, so good.

I saw an acupuncturist last year for mine but it didn't help. It was just very, very strange haha

Scooter's Mom
01-07-2012, 02:14 PM
The dr. said that Botox wasn't very effective for people with actual migraines. Since mine were never diagnosed as migraines and are just called "chronic daily headaches" and they weren't rebound headaches, I was a good candidate.

That is what my neurologist told me when I asked him pretty much. Not in those exact words. I asked about it several years ago and he said it wouldn't be beneficial for me. My migraines are chronic - 15+ days a month.

I hope you get some relief from them.

Catty1
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Crystal - would it be worth trying one round of Botox? Just to see?

It's been approved in Canada for migraines...so not sure what the confusion is.

JXML - hope this works for you!

Scooter's Mom
01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Crystal - would it be worth trying one round of Botox? Just to see?

It's been approved in Canada for migraines...so not sure what the confusion is.

JXML - hope this works for you!

My neurologist feels that it really would not be beneficial to me. We've discussed it at great length.