PDA

View Full Version : Severely Neglected Dog

fritz03
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Go to www.durhamregion.com and there is story there about a dog who was left outside with no food or water.

Karen
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Here's (http://www.durhamregion.com/community/petsanimals/article/1274213--severely-neglected-dog-found-in-whitby)a more direct link. Poor thing, I am glad she was rescued, and hope she makes a full recovery.

Asiel
01-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Something as horrid as this takes my breath away. It never ceases to amaze me to what point people can be cruel. I hope the guilty person is found and dealt with accordingly...not just a slap on the wrist.

fritz03
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Go to www.durhamregion.com for an update on Jenny,the Yorkshire Terrier.

Karen
01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Again, a more direct link here. (http://www.durhamregion.com/community/petsanimals/article/1276428--neglected-whitby-dog-happy-and-full-of-energy-following-rescue) Glad she's doing better!

lizbud
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad they could help this dog back to good health. No mention
was made about who's shed the dog was found in. I hope they know who
left this poor dog to die.:mad:

I read of another case of neglect the other day & someone suggested
as part of punishment the owners should have their faces on the front page
of their local newspaper. They should be ashamed of treating animals this
way.

kaycountrygal
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Poor little thing but the good part is that she is recovering and lots of people want to give her a good home. I just wish people who do such bad things to animals could be found and punished. I mean jail time not a fine or something simple like that. In NC, last week 3 horses were found--starving--1 died & the other 2 are being fed and cared for. I think something is wrong with people like that... just shaking my head.

SWHouston
01-11-2012, 11:33 PM
""She's got tons of attitude and has turned into a little princess," laughs Ms. Richards."

HA, no DNA Test necessary, it's got to be a Female Yorkie ! :D

fritz03
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Good news for Jenny,she has found a home,she will live with a retired couple in Scarborough,Ontario,suburb of Toronto.She had gained 3 pounds since being at the shelter and is in great shape for what she went through.

Asiel
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Glad for the update, thanks for posting this. I've been wondering how the poor dog fared after I first read the article and saw the pictures. She sure deserves a great forever home after all she's been through :)