PDA

View Full Version : Does your workplace allow pets?

Logan
11-13-2002, 07:23 AM
I answered yes because I work at home and I am a very nice boss and allow my pets to be all around me!!! I share my office with Olivia, the hamster, and my Cockatiels live in the room next door. The dogs and cats come and go as they please! :p I feel very blessed to have this situation. :)

gini
11-13-2002, 10:22 AM
That's funny Logan, I answered yes too, for the very same reason.

That's why I always worry when I go away, because Rascal is so used to having me 24/7. Maybe he really loves the peace and quiet when I am gone - he can nap non-stop without me waking him up with a chin scritch!

wolf_Q
11-14-2002, 02:34 AM
I answered "Sometimes." I work at Petco, and they don't care if I bring a dog in occasionally...but I think they would be annoyed if I brought one every day, lol. And the regular workers can't bring them. Well, dogs are obviouslly allowed in the store, but there's really no way for them to watch their dogs and work at the same time I think. In the grooming section, if I'm busy, I can put a dog in the kennel, tie them up...or just let them roam in the grooming section, it has a gate.

Barbara
11-14-2002, 09:20 AM
I answered "sometimes" because I allow the people in my department to bring their pet when there is no other possibility but in general in our company it's not allowed. However I think if a dog is here once a month or so because his mom is a single mom (of a dog and 4 cats) and in general there is day care for the dog and the dog behaves well than there is no reason to say no.
We all here would enjoy very much if we could have a kitty or 2. They would like to work with computers, papers and pictures, I am sure, but........:(

Uabassoon
11-14-2002, 10:55 AM
Well kind of. My work allows pets.. just not my pets :) I work for a petting sitting service. So I get to play with other peoples pets.

ownerof3dogs
11-14-2002, 04:38 PM
I answered yes becasue I work at an Animal Hospital, So As long as we're not too busy I can bring one of my dogs in for a bath or just to hang out with me. But I wouldn't bring all three together or every day. I would be destracted worring about what there doing.

Crikit
11-14-2002, 06:57 PM
Hmmm this would be a depends on the circumstance. Service dogs are a yes, I've seen people with birds and stuff, but other then that it's just the odd small dog or so. I was allowed to take Smudge to a staff meeting once though, that was an interesting time.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-14-2002, 09:35 PM
NO:( .....
I guess if it was an emergency they would... well really I have never asked.. they might.. but it would probably be too distracting for the other workers... drivers bring dogs and cats all the time. The other day a driver had three boxers in the truck with him..

Andie
11-15-2002, 02:06 PM
For the moment yes cuz I work at home for my mom in our group home but I'll have to get a "real" job soon so my answer could be changing.

jenluckenbach
11-15-2002, 06:14 PM
I actually did not vote for I felt it would be cheating....my work IS pets. (Grooming) so if we did not allow pets we would not be in business...and at the same time, I doubt very much that anyone would appreciate our animlas loose all over the shop.. Even the boss makes his dog stay well confined.

RockyRoad
11-16-2002, 10:11 PM
Nah, school does not allow pets. This guy got suspended for trying to bring in a cocker spaniel once. Why would he do that?! I cannot imagine what he would do with it! Shove it in his locker??!! No!!!

Lillycat
12-04-2002, 06:23 PM
funny, my situation is sorta the reverse.....i teach first grade and all my cats were "dropped off" at school and i took them all home with me over the past 4 years or so....at school i am known as the cat lady....in fact, my daughter cataholic has one of the school "drop offs" her beautiful darling tenny....since he was a tuxedo of course she "claimed" him right away....in fact she was studying for a law school exam at home when i called her to come to school quickly as the kitty was sooo tiny and as it turned out ill she took him to the vet the same day....all that is in the past....he is now a big, beautiful boy.....all the other cats were striped tabbys and they all were "claimed" by me....the tabby mom....we so looove all our cats!;)

DogMania
12-23-2002, 07:11 PM
My workplace allows just dogs misty and my bosses dog milo play with eachother all day and then they go to sleep with eachother it is so cute the people downstairs dont like us because once the floor broke and sawdust was everywhere down there!!!(Its in the computer making business and there was a box full of computer parts directly under the hole so they couldnt use any of them!!)

sandragonfly
01-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Nah nawww...my 'job' doesn't...mebby my furture 'career'. :)

lovemyshiba
02-14-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm so jealous--I work in a restaurant, so obviously I can't bring mine. However, my husband works at a Honda dealer, and they are very pet friendly. He brings one of them on Saturdays sometimes--only if I'm home with the other one--and I stop in with them all the time. Customers bring their dogs in too!!

tomkatzid
02-15-2003, 07:41 PM
I work at Marriott, so the guests can bring their pets to stay in the room with them, but the employee's can not. But it is always a good day when I get to pet a pup at work:D I have the whole place traind, call Katz if you see a dog or cat so she can come pet it:D