PDA

View Full Version : A resolute Thursday #463

RICHARD
01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone, Hope your New Year's was safe, fun and not too exciting.

My resolution for 2012 is to be more active here on the site....that and to win the lottery...;)

Join me in a drink by the fire.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
The only resolution I ever make is to never make one. At least I never break it!!! :D

Been gorgeous here today in the 60s. Yay! I'd love a cherry rootbeer please. :love:

pomtzu
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I always make the same resolution that Moff does, and for the same reason.

After 2 bitter cold and windy days, and our first dusting of snow over night, the weather has settled back down to more normal temps.

I have chilli in the crock pot if anyone would like some. Anyone care to make some corn bread to go along with it???

Pepsi on ice with a twist of lime for me please....:)

Pinot's Mom
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
It's been in the 40's today; in the 50's tomorrow. Not bad for this time of year. :)

Richard, I'll join you - a Vodka and Diet Ginger, please? I've got some crackers and cheese to share - ooh, and a special treat! We developed a new snack! Friends gave us homemade pepper jam; we took cracked pepper & olive oil triscuits, a schmear of cream cheese and topped it with the pepper jam....yummy! I'll grab some of that, too!

Karen
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
I'll make some cornbread and have some of that chilli! It was finally feeling like winter here the last couple days, though it's supposed to be warmer the next few.

pomtzu
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
You're on Karen! And I'm going to have some of Maggie's pepper jam and crackers while the corn bread is cooking. Love that stuff, and my supply I made several years ago is gone. Time to make more..........:D

happylabs
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone, Hope your New Year's was safe, fun and not too exciting.

My resolution for 2012 is to be more active here on the site....that and to win the lottery...;)

Join me in a drink by the fire.

I like that resolution of being more active here. I was just thinking that we have not seem any recent Ed-pics. Pretty please take a few? :D

Bibette & Lulu
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Snow's falling - so, make mine Hot Chocolate!!! Resolutions? Trying to make some healthy choices into habits. The Planet Fitness gym was packed on Monday (1/2) with all the "New Year Resolutionists."

Here's to a healthy and Happy New Year for all PTer's and their fur/petkids.

B&L's Mom1

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I gave up making New Year's Resolutions a long time ago. I never keep them.

The crackers and cream cheese sounds good. To bad it's not breakfast time, I have homemade apple butter and peach jam. They both go very well with toast or English muffins.

cassiesmom
01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Could I have diet ginger with Pinot's Mom, please? I've resolved -- as I do every year -- to try to eat better and get more exercise. It is six days into the New Year and I'm not doing very well so far.

Karen
01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
The good thing is, every new day is a chance to do better, no matter the date on the calendar! ;)

I have some of that apple butter in my cupboard, just waiting for me to spread it on something! (Lady's Humans gave me some for Christmas!)

Now, anyone up for sharing a big pot of chai tea?

Lady's Human
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
In honor of a certain manager who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty, I propose the following drink:

The bleeding weasel

Ingredients :
- 1/4 oz vodka
- 1/4 oz rum
- 1/4 oz gin
- 1/4 oz tequila
- 1/4 oz orange liqueur (cointreau, grand marnier...)
- 1/4 oz brandy
- 1/4 oz coconut rum (malibu)
- 1/4 oz beer (lager)
- 1 oz orange juice
- 4 oz lime juice
- 1 splash (4 ml) grenadine syrup

I'm going to have a few, anyone else?

Karen
01-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds scary, I'll stick to my tea, thanks!

RICHARD
01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I am in for a bleeding weasel, as long as I don't have to scrape it off the tarmac with a shovel!?!:D;)

--------------------

How's about some jalapeno cheese bread?

I put up two loaves the other day...they came out well, so I am inspired.

Let me get cracking here and pour some beverages!

DONE!

Lady's Human
01-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Cheese bread and a drink potent enough to clean the paint off the aforementioned tarmac? I'm in!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
--------------------

How's about some jalapeno cheese bread?

I put up two loaves the other day...they came out well, so I am inspired.

You BAKE? :eek: Now I AM impressed!!!! :cool::love:

Lady's Human
01-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes, the barkeep bakes, we've even exchanged recipes! (as opposed to the barkeep is baked.....)

smokey the elder
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
If you add the large gold brick I think you have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!:D

Lady's Human
01-10-2012, 03:38 PM
If you add the large gold brick I think you have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!:D

With a slice of lemon, of course!

Pinot's Mom
01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I am NOT having one of those drinks, thank you! I'll stick to my usual - a strong one, please. My life is testing me at the moment (not a biggie, just lots of time demands). Still more pepper jam snackies! :D

Karen
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
What does pepper jam taste like? Is it sweet, spicy, savory or what? I cannot have it in real life as I am allergic to peppers, but it sounds intriguing ...

pomtzu
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
What does pepper jam taste like? Is it sweet, spicy, savory or what? I cannot have it in real life as I am allergic to peppers, but it sounds intriguing ...
I can't answer for what Maggie's tastes like, but the one I make is both sweet and tart, and of course spicy hot. It's made with vinegar and sugar and hot peppers - as hot or as mild as I choose. :eek:

Pinot's Mom
01-10-2012, 09:41 PM
My pepper jam was a gift from a friend; it is green, as Ellie said it is tart and sweet, a little bit of heat. Wonderful flavor.

lbaker
01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Those Triskets P'Mom spoke of are on my plate as we speak! But I also have some smoked salmon, cream cheese and goat cheese to schmearr upon them. If one cares for such weird things. Early now for white wine... WAIT, it is after noon o'clock after all so hows about something healthy like a Bloody Mary, slick, are you awake? :D

Randi
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
OK, I simply had to find out what those Triskets are... I found some here, and they look yummy!
http://tsp.winespectator.com/

I'll pass on the "Weasel" drink, thank you! :eek:

A toast to Gini's recovery - that will be a drink with Rum in it... and perhaps pineapple. Does such a drink exist?

Karen
01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
I rely on Triscuits, as they have a very simple ingredient list, and are safe for me to eat - as well as being yummy! Triscuits all around, I've got some good cheddar if anyone ants that with them!

Cataholic
01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I cannot eat triscuits without getting the hiccups. I am sure it is because I try to inhale them. :o

Karen
01-13-2012, 11:16 AM
How peculiar! They are just wheat and soybean oil and salt - does soy give you hiccups any other time?

Cataholic
01-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I eat more soy than probably most of the non-asian population. LOL. Soy and I are fine. I think, really, it is because I inhale my food. I think if I eat fast enough it won't really count, calorie wise. Triscuits are so dry....so very dry...that it probably does something to my air supply.

dukedogsmom
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
I never make them. I think they're over rated. However, would be nice to find a job sometime this year. Preferably soon!