PDA

View Full Version : Happy B'day to the Prayer Pups!!

Bibette & Lulu
01-01-2012, 01:07 PM
This is the day Phred chose for the birthday for Cinder and Smokey - So a happy birthday to his furry companions, furkids, best buds and sole mates!! I do believe that of all the dogs that Phred adopted, these two were the most special. :love::love: And they allowed him to bring into their family other special furballs - most recently Boots the cat and Bowser (now with Phred over the RB). They knew they would never be replaced. Thank you Diana for opening your door to them and welcoming them into your family. I know they are well cared for and happy pups.

Please give them a special treat for me :)!!!

Aunt Nancy (Phred's sister)

Laura's Babies
01-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday to Cinder & Smoke. May you be happy and well for many years to come! Boot's Da Cat and Bowser too! (and Happy New Year to you and your new purrents!)

Freedom
01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
How lovely!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CINDER AND SMOKE!!

kuhio98
01-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Happy birthday Precious Prayer Pups!

We hope you are happy and healthy for many years to come.

Randi
01-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd like to share a Christmas picture of Cinder and Smoke, one that Phred had made for his Christmas cards. It's a wonderful picture! :love:

Happy Birthday, Cinder and Smoke! Have a day filled with loving and treats - and give your dad a sign that you are happy and being well cared for - thank you for that, Diane.

I'm sure your dad is celebrating, along with Boots and Bowser. ;)

phesina
01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Happy birthday to Cinder and Smoke!!!!! So good to know how well loved and cared for they still are.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes, Happiest of Birthdays to you both, and I know Diana is spoiling you in your new home!

Bengalz
01-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Happy Birthday Cinder & Smoke! Enjoy your special day.

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Happy Birthday Cinder and Smoke!!!:D

cassiesmom
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
(((HUGS))) to the precious Prayer Pups!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Happy Birthday Cinder and Smoke! PT loves you!:love:

mrspunkysmom
01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Happy Birthday, Cinder and Smoke! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDER & SMOKE!!! I hope you were spoiled rotten today and had a great day.

Lillycat
01-02-2012, 12:25 AM
.....how wonderful to see the pups picture.......thanks for posting that!!!

Pinot's Mom
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
It was great to see the picture! I'm sure the pups had a wonderful day - Happy Birthday to the Prayer Pups! :love:

4 Dog Mother
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Thank you Nancy for posting about the pups birthday. I woke up yesterday with a terrrible stomachache that did not go away until last night. And no it was not a hangover because I don't drink mostly because of the medications I am on. Anyways I just laid on the couch, dozed, moaned and let Carl cater to me by bringing me crackers and ginger ale. Whatever it was, I seem to be better today - thank God I don't have to work today.

Anyway the dogs didn't get much of a birthday yesterday. We will have to make it up some evening this week by catering to them Smokey loves to be brushed and would let you do it all day. Cinder loves to be petted and hugged on but is not so crazy about the brushing. I will have to go to the store and get them some special biscuits or something. Toys don't last long around here but they all love rawhide.

We spent a quiet New Year's Eve with them and Christy's 2 dogs (as she went out of town). The Christmas season has been so hectic and we have been gone alot so I am sure they appreciated the time we have been here. They really don;t like it that we leave them far more than Phred had too. When we get home from work, you'd think they had not seen us for days instead of hours. I only work 6 hours a day four days a week so they really aren't alone that much although they would tell you different. Only two of my dogs go into kennels when we are gone - Pippi and Tucker since they get into more things than they need to.

I keep meaning to post pictures of the dogs but never seem to get around to it.

I guess I need to be more like Phred and when they do something funny or whatever report it.

Like the other day, Pippi and Taggert saw something outside and ran to the window but in front of the Christmas tree and started barking crazily. The tree also started to move crazily. Carl started to yell at them and let me tell you Smokey and Cinder do not like yelling. I was sitting on the couch with this laptop on my lap. Up climbs Cinder not just next to me but laid right over the computer! I guess she thinks she is safe if she is on me. Smokey is usually the one that comes over and sits quickly down by me so as to let Carl know he had no part in whatever is going on.

In the morning, the first think I do when I get up is feed the dogs. After I put the dishes down, Cinder quickly starts eating. But if I leave the room, she leaves her food and comes looking for me. Once she sees me she runs back out and finishes her food. Our house is not that big so she should know I couldn't have gone far but she is never happy until she sees me.

When either of them feel they have been ignored too much they let me know in different ways. Smokey will either sit down beside me and start howling and I do mean howling like only Smokey can or go behind the rocking chair I usually sit in and jumps up at the back of it. He sometimes just stands back there behind the chair like right between the end table and chair and makes noises until I acknowledge him and start petting him.

Cinder is less noisy about her desire for attention. She just starts rubbing against my chair or starts to climb up in my lap. Unfortunately Cinder likes to bark and she doesn't really care if she has anything to bark at. While I am dressing she goes out into the family room and just barks. She knows I won't come out until I am dressed and of course she has very selective hearing. She does quit when you tell her to but it does get tiring sometimes to tell her especially if you are in one of the rooms farther away from her.

They both have adjust to having the kids around really well. And if fact they love the kids alot especially Cinder. Occasionally there are other kids here. Christy is dating a man with two girls that are about the same age as hers. Again the dogs get along great with them. However Jasmine has a friend who Cinder does not like or something. She barks at her when she comes in the door and "herds" her. She bites at her ankles when she walks around the house and sometimes "grabs" at her hands like telling her she has to come this way. I am not sure why she reacts to this little girl this way and so far she is the only one she has done it with. It's funny to us cause it isn't like she is trying to bite her to hurt her but just like she is trying to get her to go the way Cinder wants her to. She doesn't even leave marks on the little girls skin - fortunately the little girl is used to dogs and while she doesn't like it, it doesn't overly bother her either. Although I do have to admit she hasn't been over with Jasmine in awhile.

I am so glad that so many of you remember and post about Phred's dogs. I have been so bad about getting on here. I don't know why but I will try to post more often and I promise I will dig through some of my pictures and get them posted this week.

Karen
01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Glad you are feeling better, Diana! And yes, all of us who have ever been to the Dog Park when Phred was there with Cinder and Smoke know just how vocal they can be! One would never imagine such noises could come out of such a small dog, especially Smokey! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Happy birthday to our famous prayer dogs!!

Thanks for posting that picture Randi!!!

lizbud
01-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the update on Smokey & Cinder.:) I think of them often
and wonder how they are getting along.Sorry to hear that you were
so sick Diana. Sounds like you had bad case of flu.:( I hope you
continue to feel better & celebrate the awesome duos Birthday anniversity.

Bibette & Lulu
01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you all for remembering Phred and his buddies. And Diana, I'm glad you are on the mend. No way to start the new year!!! I remember when Phred would bring the dogs to Friendship Village (FV) where our mother was living. He was using a no-bark collar on Cinder to try and break her of the "unnecessary" barking. Guess she might need a refresher!!!

They always were good with people. I'm not sure who enjoyed the rounds in the nursing unit at FV - Phred or the pups. Most definitely the "inmates" (as Phred liked to call them) were pleased and entertained.

Thank you again, Diana, for looking after the furkids!!

Happy New Year!!! Nancy

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I completly missed this thread. Thank you to Phred's sister for pointing it out to me!!! I'm sure both pups still miss Phred terribly so are afraid you will leave them too Diana. Please give them each a hug or ear scratch from me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!! :love::love:

ramanth
01-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Cinder and Smoke!! :cool: :love: Thanks for the update Diana and I hope you are feeling better! :)