PDA

View Full Version : How are you celebrating New Year's Eve?

pomtzu
12-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Staying home?
Going out on the town?
Private party with friends?

I'm here by my lonesome - I've been deserted!!! It's just me and The Fuzzbuttz and son's 2 brat cats. Son and DIL went to a concert in Philadelphia, granddaughter and boyfriend went to Inner Harbor in Baltimore, and grandson went with his biological mother and her family to Times Square to watch the ball drop. Now that's insane in my book anyway.

I don't normally mind being by myself, but I'm a little apprehensive tonight. Several weeks ago there were a couple of home invasions within just a few miles from here. In one it was an elderly couple that was targeted, and the thugs had a gun and pistol whipped the old man and put him in the hospital. Living in a rural area makes it even worse - you might get a cop to respond in about an hour if you're lucky. So the floodlights are on outside and 2 vehicles in the driveway, so that might make anyone up to no good, think twice. I know I'm worrying about nothing - lived here for over 40 years and nothing has ever happened - but it still makes me somewhat anxious!

So I'll toast the New Year in with a Pepsi - if I stay awake that long. Hope everyone has a safe and happy time, no matter how you choose to celebrate. Be careful out there........:)

Karen
12-31-2011, 06:20 PM
I'll be here, with Paul, which is just fine, I met him at a New Year's Eve party, oddly enough, so now never need to go to another. Hey, you at least have the fuzzbutts to keep you company, and to bark if anyone suspicious even approaches.

dab_20
12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
I am just getting on a flight to go back home- I have been in minnesota visiting my dad the past week. We celebrated last night with a few drinks and games. Tonight my fiance is picking me up and we'll bring in the new year together at home.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
I'll just be home by myself and my 6 cats which is fine by me.:) Many years ago I used to go out with friends to a club or to a house party but those days are over and I don't drink any more either. I'm sure I'll still be up to ring in the New Year. I may watch the ball drop on tv or I may even end up watching a movie instead.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!! Have a safe and wonderful 2012!!!:)

happylabs
12-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm home...peace and quiet with my 3 screwball cats. We already had a kitty party with catnip, treats and buddy had a small glass of milk which I only let him drink a few sips of. He was wearing my blinking christmas light necklace - LOL!

He is really wound up so he must know it is still party time. He just chased Mama (our current Cat of the Day) off of the back of the couch. Now he's chasing the laser light around the room.

I got some pics.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=401&pictureid=5018

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=401&pictureid=5019

Felicia's Mom
12-31-2011, 07:31 PM
I will be in bed.

Marigold2
12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Happy New Year!!. May 2012 (where did the time go?) be your happiest, healthiest, most enjoyable year. May love surround you, may laughter surprise you, may you know the love of a furbaby and may you never stop dreaming and hoping, praying and dancing. May a song be in your heart, a beat in your soul and a groove in your step. Now let's get this party started....Monica

todd
12-31-2011, 07:46 PM
some wine and chinese food

Suki Wingy
12-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I am at home with the family. E made her way onto the couch (generally not allowed but overlooked tonight) We're having tamales and watching movies. To be honest most nights I stay up late watching things and crafting, this time it's just things I wouldn't have chosen and no crafting because they wanted to turn the lights out.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
New Years is one of my favorite holidays with my kids. We watch a movie (this year, Rango) while eating pizza and chicken wings. We made homemade ice cream and played games. The kids are staying up a little later than usual because it's a special night and they love that. We pulled our mattresses out into the living room to have a "camp out". Pretty soon we'll be putting the kids to bed (in the living room) and once they're asleep my husband and I are going to watch a movie and drink some sparkling grape juice.

chocolatepuppy
12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Home with my furkids, which is fine with me. If I do make it to bed by midnight, it will do no good. The drunks will be shooting off guns. That's a scarey thought isn't it? :rolleyes:
Ellie, I know what you mean about being home alone at night living out of the city.(I wouldn't call it rural where I live, but there's not too many people around me.) That's why I'm glad I have two bigger dogs! We have no police, have to wait on a sheriff to show up if we call.
Happy New Years Everyone!:D

Freedom
12-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Dad is in bed already, and the crew of 15 and I are on our way. Just like any other night.

Karen
12-31-2011, 09:04 PM
I just ran one errand, and it is pretty foggy out there. Hopefully this will reinforce folks' decisions not to drive drunk.

cassiesmom
12-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Awww, Buddy! What cute pictures of you! :D

Went to our favorite Chinese restaurant with my mom and dad, my sister, brother and sister-in-law. Waiting for the 10 o'clock news and spending time on PT. I have a cold, so it'll be lights out for me right after the news.

Grace
12-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Pizza for dinner.

Red Wings game on TV - New Year's Eve tradition - they won!

He's in bed; I'm playing around here. Will probably be up at midnight, but no big deal.

mrspunkysmom
12-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Home with the fur posse or kwintet, Jane at my feet right now. Stuffing my face with Lasagne and followed by tortillas and mild salsa. Cats got some nip.

Watching CNN while surfing the web. I like to see how far Kath Griffin goes without getting fired.

caseysmom
01-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Me and hubby got to have one of the twins with us tonight, we are having milkshakes and she is having a bottle. I am in heaven, I just love being a grandma.

I'm usually a night owl so its really no big deal to me.

blue
01-01-2012, 02:02 AM
With an hour to the new year. Im going to bed. Night yall.

carole
01-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Well I spent a nice quiet New Year's with hubby and the kitties, daughter and her boyfriend went off to pukehina, a little beach place about 2hrs drive from where we live, and had a great time with their friends.
Actually when the New Year arrived, guess where i was ?, on the computer,not sure if i was on pet talk or not , but could have been.

The best thing for me for the New Year was that my sweet Ellie is still here with me and is doing so much better.

I hope you all celebrated your New Year in your own style, and it was a happy, nice time, and I wish you all much happiness,peace,and love for 2012.

fritz03
01-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Saw the New Year in with my Mom and our Shih Tzu Heidi,she managed to stay,was ready for bed.We are having Marlene and Larry,that is my sister and her husband plus their daughter Shannon and her two kids Brandyn 10 and Samantha 6 for New Year's Dinner,having Ham today.

sallyandsnowx
01-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I went out with a couple of my friends to a new years eve party, but I came home at 11:30 since this was the first new years my little sister would be staying up. She had a blast with all the fireworks and noisemakers. I was glad to see her having so much fun. Makes me miss being that little on holidays. :p

Happy 2012, everyone! Hope it's a good one! :D

happylabs
01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Cats were lazy bums after their party. Buddy woke up at midnight when he heard the fireworks go off outside and then just curled his head under and went back to sleep. Ahhhhh...the life of a cat! :)

Randi
01-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Those pictures of Buddy are really cute! :love:

I spent New Years eve at home with Fister. I would not dream of leaving him alone on an evening with loud fireworks, he is so scared of it. :( I made a yummy cod dish - of course, Fister had some, too, but before it was cooked. ;) I was meant to put white wine in the sauce for this dish, but didn't have any, so I opened a bottle of Champagne and used some of that - a complete success! :D I finished the bottle before going to bed around 11pm.

Fister had been laying in the den I had built for him on the bed, covered with thick blankets and only a small entrance. He loved it and was sleeping there most of the afternoon and into the evening, but he came out before the really loud fireworks began. One time, I coaxed him back in with some treats, and I tried to get him to come under the duvet, but when the bombs went off, he dissappeared to his safe spot under the bed. I watched a film on TV and was hoping to sleep after that, but no chance! It was after 2am before it quietened down.

Still, I got up at 10am and feel fairly human today. :)

Happy New Year to you all, and to your pets!

Alysser
01-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope everyone had an awesome New Years Eve and a very happy new year to all!

I went to a party about 40 minutes away just to see two friends for about two hours, it turned out to be really fun. I then went over my best friends house with my other best friend to spend the night like we always do. Left the house party at 9:55 and got to my friends before the New Year. We had a bit of champagne and just talked. It was fun with her entire family there. I just got home actually.

Taz_Zoee
01-01-2012, 12:13 PM
We stayed home and fixed steak for dinner (a treat here), watched episodes of Drinking Made Easy we had recorded then watched CNN (Kathy went pretty far!) and Dick Clark on TV. Went to bed around 12:30. There were some loud bangs in our neighborhood (we live by a park, but its pretty well patrolled by police). I was just glad Zoee is not here, she would have been very nervous and anxious with the noise.

I wish everyone a wonderful happy new year!! :D

Catty1
01-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Two good friends of mine who have just spend their first married Christmas together invited me for New Year's Eve. I was quite happy - since I was a musician for so many years, I have enjoyed going to bed at 10:30 on NYE.

But it was fun. There was another guest there, a woman who is one of their hiking pals. We had a HUGE dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, and home-made apple pie which I had bought at the church's pie sale.

Then upstairs to view the wedding photos - they were neat as my friends got married by a commissioner from Banff. He is quite the outdoorsman, so a small mountain was chosen and the ceremony done in 4 parts! It was so neat!

Then we continued with munchies and another viewing of 3 Fawlty Towers episodes, remastered for DVD. Hilarious! Midnight hit during the show - we noticed a light outside the window and someone was shooting fireworks.

It was great, ate too much, went to bed at 1 am, and feel good today.

Happy New Year everyone!

Asiel
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
The kids and granddkids spent the day with us . We always have such a great time with everyone remembering something funny that happened during the year. I eventually hobbled to bed before midnight but they spent today with us also,everyone just left. Our oldest leaves for home early tomorrow morning to avoid a predicted snowstorm. Always nice to have the family together , now I start resting for next year :D
The dance of wining and dancing are over for me, times change.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Those pictures of Buddy are really cute! :love:

I spent New Years eve at home with Fister. I would not dream of leaving him alone on an evening with loud fireworks, he is so scared of it. :( I made a yummy cod dish - of course, Fister had some, too, but before it was cooked. ;) I was meant to put white wine in the sauce for this dish, but didn't have any, so I opened a bottle of Champagne and used some of that - a complete success! :D I finished the bottle before going to bed around 11pm.

Fister had been laying in the den I had built for him on the bed, covered with thick blankets and only a small entrance. He loved it and was sleeping there most of the afternoon and into the evening, but he came out before the really loud fireworks began. One time, I coaxed him back in with some treats, and I tried to get him to come under the duvet, but when the bombs went off, he dissappeared to his safe spot under the bed. I watched a film on TV and was hoping to sleep after that, but no chance! It was after 2am before it quietened down.

Still, I got up at 10am and feel fairly human today. :)

Happy New Year to you all, and to your pets!

He he, I remember that spot under the bed!! That's where he went hiding when he heard me and Bernard coming in :);)

We always have a little reunion with Bernard's 4 sisters (and hubbies)! We have an longggggggg dinner, and wish each other a happy new year on the dot of the new year! Then we eat dessert together! he males always play lots of cards, and we women, we :p:p ;)