PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a home for this Bay Area rascal

baalhazor
11-13-2002, 01:36 AM
I was recently “adopted” by a friendly white cat, apparently someone’s pet, but all attempts to find the owner have failed. I want to exhaust every opportunity to find him a home before I hand him over to animal control.

He’s very playful and cute (his one green eye and one blue eye is very endearing), and I know he’d make someone a great companion.

Any takers?

http://home.attbi.com/~crosus/thatdarncat_s.JPG

Fuzzy317
11-13-2002, 02:14 AM
He is very pretty. I am in Georgia, the other coast, or we might think about him.

Good Luck !!

wayne0214
11-13-2002, 08:57 AM
baalhazor, first welcome to Pet Talk, and yes, I would definitely take him, if you could get him out here to eastern Kansas.

............wayne

ramanth
11-13-2002, 10:14 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

He's gorgeous!

I wish I could take him, but I'm at my max.

Perhaps a Pet Talk caravan is needed?

Cataholic
11-13-2002, 10:17 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Have you called the local shelters to see if anyone has reported him missing? Most papers will let you put in a free FOUND ad, call some local vets..they might know of someone missing a kitty.

Why can't you keep him? Try some rescue, or no kill shelters in the area...you obviously care enough about his fate to post on a pet site..so, give it a little more effort! Keep us posted..

baalhazor
11-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Cataholic, I called animal control and the local humane society with no luck. I live on an island so I assume he’s a local cat, and if someone is indeed looking for him, I think the first place they’d call is the local animal control. I placed an ad, which hasn’t come out yet.

The no-kill shelters charge between $50 and $75 to take in cats, more than I’m willing to spend.

I can’t adopt a cat right now. It would require a level of commitment that I’m unable to give. I’m out twelve hours a day and I’m frequently out of town for several days. Besides, my apartment has a no pets policy.

I have to do something though because he meows and scratches on my front door when he gets hungry.

kitten645
11-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Baalhazor,
I private mailed you the number of someone that does cat rescue in Alameda. My boss lives there and she is her dog walker as well. She also suggested you go to Petco at Southshore on the weekend as they do adoptions there. Good luck!
Claudia

wolflady
11-14-2002, 02:54 PM
First of all, Welcome to Pet Talk!!!

That kitty is just gorgeous!!! OH!! How I wish I could add him to my brood, and I'm so close too!! I have a white cat, so I definitely have a soft spot for them. I too have been taking care of a local stray cat, and I have put up a feeding station and a little shelter for her to go in in bad weather. Perhaps something like that can be done?
You may also try contacting Town Cats in Morgan Hill. They are a cat (no-kill) rescue organization.
Does it look like he is fixed? Does he seem to get along with other animals?

I'll ponder on this some more. Hopefully we can come up with a solution for this precious guy!!!
**hugs**
Karen

baalhazor
11-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by wolflady
Does he seem to get along with other animals?
[/B]

Apparantly, not too well. A woman, responding to my craig's list ad, came by tonight with her shih-tzu puppy to see if they would get along. Kitty wasn't pleased.

I have one more that seems interested and wants to see him. If that doesn't pan out, I'll explore the other options.

Thanks to all for the support. I won't hand him over to animal control, but I still can't keep him. I'll keep you all posted.

Pam
11-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Oh I do hope that you can find him a home soon! Like Karen (Wolflady) I too have a big soft spot for white cats having one too. I am a little too far to even consider him and am afraid anyway that adding another furkid to my home might upset the happy balance. :) Maybe Karen will be able to help in the search for a forever home for this sweetie. Please keep us all posted! My Andy sends him purrs and head bumpies and a big meow to Marius! :D

baalhazor
11-15-2002, 10:03 PM
This evening a guy came by, responding to my Craig's List ad. He was kind of an odd fellow, with a huge bushy beard. I guess kitty made a good impression on him because he took kitty home.

I've now done my good deed for the year, time to do something bad. ;) Thanks to all for your support.

Lillycat
11-17-2002, 04:59 AM
glad all seemingly worked out. hope this will be a good forever home for the beautiful white kitty.