PDA

View Full Version : Things I won't miss/Things I can do without in 2012.

RICHARD
12-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Kim Jung Il

Osama bin Laden.

Katy Perry, Rick Perry, Rickshaws and Charles Shaw.

Justin Bieber.

Twitter.

Anything Karadashian

Undefeated football teams.

Illness

Boredom.

Pundits, Political pundits, any kind of pundits.;)

Lady's Human
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Can we FF to 2013 so we can do without all the 2012 conspiracy theories?

Karen
12-29-2011, 06:00 PM
But it'll be so much fun watching everyone dither and flutter about ... when the world still exists!

Lady's Human
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
But it's happened so frequently since 1999, all you have to do is change the graphics a little and play the reruns of the news.

slick
12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Uh, can I put down my boss from hell????

Karen
12-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Absolutely, Slick!

And I could certainly do without developing any more food allergies in 2012, thanks!

Lady's Human
12-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Put down your BFH?

Put down as in insult, put down as in write in as someone you won't miss , or put down as in take the BFH out back of the barn and shoot them? :p

cassiesmom
12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
I'll miss ... looking forward to my nephew's and my oldest niece's weddings. They were both a lot of fun!

I can do without ...
Lady Gaga (who would be nowhere without Madonna, who would be nowhere without Freddie Mercury)
The Cubs failing to win the World Series again! This has to be the year!

I want to see...
the right person elected president in 2012
a reasonable solution to the problem of illegal immigration
ALL the troops home from the Middle East
365 more amazing dogs, cats and pets of the day in 2012!

slick
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Put down your BFH?

Put down as in insult, put down as in write in as someone you won't miss , or put down as in take the BFH out back of the barn and shoot them? :p

As in shoot her...no wait a minute, that's too quick. I need a method that will make her suffer. maybe string her up by the.......:eek:

Lady's Human
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll miss ... looking forward to my nephew's and my oldest niece's weddings. They were both a lot of fun!

I can do without ...
Lady Gaga (who would be nowhere without Madonna, who would be nowhere without Freddie Mercury)
The Cubs failing to win the World Series again! This has to be the year!

I want to see...
the right person elected president in 2012
a reasonable solution to the problem of illegal immigration
ALL the troops home from the Middle East
365 more amazing dogs, cats and pets of the day in 2012!

You're not asking fer much...

Besides, it's all moot. The earth was actually destroyed 3 years ago.

http://qntm.org/board

moosmom
12-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Things I can do without:

Anymore animal abuse cases

Reality Shows

Talk shows that cook food and then sit in front of the audience and eat it! That's rude.

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING "THE 'K' word" last name.

Sunday night, Monday night, Friday night, Saturday night FOOTBALL!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

Anything to do with: Justin Bieber, Lindsay Lohan, basically ANYTHING Hollywood.

Repeats on tv (except oldies)

More car problems

pomtzu
12-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Things I can do without..........

More than one winter blizzard

A hot and humid summer

More surgery of any kind

Escalating prices for everything

Nancy Grace shouting "bombshell"...:mad:

happylabs
12-30-2011, 07:26 AM

Ha Ha...yes you can put it down! I can so relate to this one. Been there done that.

I can do without:

Charlie Sheen
Reality Shows
The Bachelor
Commercials about toilet paper, incontinence, bladder issues :eek:

hacked up cat food by the bed, chair, doorway, etc. (I love my kitties)

Rain!!! OMG we have had enough rain here in Pennsylvania to last another full year.

That's all I can think of for now.

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Things I can do without:
car problems
jobs that only last for a couple of months
mucky driveways
doggy landmines right by the deck stairs
stupid reality shows

Things I'd like to see:
My oldest niece actually making it out for a visit.
more Sing-off
tv shows with decent writers

Catty1
12-30-2011, 10:56 AM
http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://lifewise.canoe.ca/Comics/AdamAtHome/2011/12/22/ad_2011_12_30.gif&size=570x0&quality=85?src=/Comics/AdamAtHome/2011/12/22/ad_2011_12_30.gif&size=570&quality=85

Karen
12-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Something I could definitely do without for 2012 ...

Uncertainty!

Asiel
12-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Things I could do without in 2012-

Child abuse
Animal abuse
Reality shows and ET
-40 temps
Snow and more snow
Hospitals
Rising taxes and climbing prices
The threat of another war looming ahead

Queen of Poop
12-30-2011, 07:27 PM
I will not miss:
trying to get the divorce finalized, it's finally done!

Things I can do without:
stress that makes my IBS go nutz
more excuses for him not doing his part of the settlement (still waiting)
my dad continuing to try to get out, he still refuses to believe he has mental illness

Things I am grateful for:
my Mom
my Pet Talk Family
and of course, my kitties: Cali and Diego, without whom I doubt I'd have made it thru my struggles

chocolatepuppy
12-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Things I can do without in 2012: RAIN and MUD!!!

Alysser
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Working 12 hours shifts twelve days in a row at the amusement park I used to work at :D Oh and certain people from high school

happylabs
01-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Here's one to add to the list...

Condom commercials!

All day yesterday while I was being a bum sitting and watching TV. :rolleyes:

DriftyAlison0
01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Things that I can do without in 2012
Alcohol commercials/ads
retarded acting brother

Things that I can do with in 2012
a job
money
a good life

Karen
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I wish I could go without political and election coverage 24/7 in 2012, but am afraid it's gonna get worse, not better!

slick
01-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Call waiting. :mad::mad::mad:

If I call you it's because I want to speak to you and I have the time to focus on you. When you put me on hold to take another call it gives me the message that the other call is way more important than me.:mad:

phesina
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm with you there, Vickie. It's like "I have to check this other call to see if it's someone I'd rather talk to than you."

Karen
01-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I like the fact that my call waiting now tells me who is calling in, so I can just know who it is, and continue my current phone call and call that person back afterwards.

chocolatepuppy
01-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Call waiting. :mad::mad::mad:

If I call you it's because I want to speak to you and I have the time to focus on you. When you put me on hold to take another call it gives me the message that the other call is way more important than me.:mad:

What I like is when someone calls me and then puts me on hold! :rolleyes:

pomtzu
01-03-2012, 02:19 PM

And my response to this???? - I hang up on them! :p

Grace
01-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Absolutely!! And it doesn't make a difference who initiated the call. If the other party chooses to put me on hold - I choose to hang up.

cassiesmom
01-03-2012, 03:59 PM

Oh boy, that's the worst. I hang up when that happens.

I could do without pharmaceutical TV ads. whoever decided that the drug makers could air commercials on TV made a mistake.

kuhio98
01-03-2012, 04:26 PM

I do the same. I really only have 1 friend who does this to me. She'll call me, get another call and tell me she's going to put me on hold. I say, no thanks, and hang up on her.

Karen
01-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh boy, that's the worst. I hang up when that happens.

I could do without pharmaceutical TV ads. whoever decided that the drug makers could air commercials on TV made a mistake.

I am soooo dependent on my DVR - I rarely watch live TV now, and when it's recorded, I can just skip all the commercials. When I happen to be watching something when it airs, I hit the "mute" for all commercials, unless they feature an animal, of course! And no the Geico gecko doesn't count.

pomtzu
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I am soooo dependent on my DVR - I rarely watch live TV now, and when it's recorded, I can just skip all the commercials. When I happen to be watching something when it airs, I hit the "mute" for all commercials, unless they feature an animal, of course! And no the Geico gecko doesn't count.

I LOVE the Traveler's Insurance animal commercials. The most recent ones with the dogs are so darn cute! :)

Karen
01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I loved the first one (Worrry, worry) and like the latest one, too! THAT I will stop the DVR for.

Cataholic
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I am always in the minority when it comes to phones! LOL. I rarely have a conversation with someone-outside my home- that doesn't result in an interruption of some sort. Maybe it is someone asking me if I know where room x,y,z is in the courthouse. Maybe it is someone asking if the chair next to us is being used. Maybe it is my son pointing out something he just read. Whatever...it is a minimal interruption, and both people go on talking again. Some of you work in an office. Aren't you interrupted daily by things? I can talk to my boss and if my phone rings, I answer it. I say, "excuse me...", answer it, and come right back to finish the conversation with him. What is the big deal? Or, I glance at my watch and realize I am late...and I say to my co-worker, "yikes, bye! gotta go right now". Somehow, we all manage to deal with it.

Why ever is call waiting so different? If someone can't handle the fact that life gets interrupted sometimes, and for what, a minute...call waiting isn't really the issue, is it?

If I am just chatting with someone, and the other line rings (especially if it is a client or work), I switch over. Big deal, really. I would think they do would do the same thing to me. In fact, my sister- gasp- just did it to me today! I still drove over there and gave her my barely used copier/scanner. We somehow manage to hang on to our relationship. :p

chocolatepuppy
01-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Why ever is call waiting so different? If someone can't handle the fact that life gets interrupted sometimes, and for what, a minute...call waiting isn't really the issue, is it?

I don't have a big issue with someone letting the other person know they will call them back, it's when someone chooses to let me go to talk to the other person that bugs me. I can see if it's a Dr. office or similar, but just to choose the other person, so rude! Especially if they called me!;)

pomtzu
01-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Rude - rude - rude. This type of call: I answer my ringing phone and hear the following; "I have a call for you from Mr. XYZ - please hold for him." WHAT???? You've got to be kidding!!! If Mr XYZ wants to talk to me, then he can call me back personally. This gets the same hang up treatment that I afford the ones I am already talking to and then proceed to put me on hold.

ETA: The only call that I won't hang up on, is one from one of my doctors, or from the Fuzzbuttz vet. I fully understand a doctor's office having to put a call on hold at times. If you're not a doctor's office calling - or me calling a doctor's office - then I definitely will hang up if put on hold. And this includes hanging up on my brother, who is notorious for doing this. :mad::eek:

Cataholic
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Rude - rude - rude. This type of call: I answer my ringing phone and hear the following; "I have a call for you from Mr. XYZ - please hold for him." WHAT???? You've got to be kidding!!! If Mr XYZ wants to talk to me, then he can call me back personally. This gets the same hang up treatment that I afford the ones I am already talking to and then proceed to put me on hold.

That sounds so old fashioned to me!!! I don't know that I have ever had someone do that to me. I would probably have to laugh.

pomtzu
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
That sounds so old fashioned to me!!! I don't know that I have ever had someone do that to me. I would probably have to laugh.

Might be old fashioned, but to me, it's just rude. Guess Mr XYZ is so busy and so important that he has to have someone else make the call. Hey - my time is important to ME, and I'm not going to waste it holding till Mr Bigshot comes on the line. I certainly wouldn't call someone and ask them to hold for me - just not my style. :p Times - they are a changin' - and not necessarily for the better in all cases. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned..........:(

Cataholic
01-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Pom, just so we are clear, I wasn't meaning YOU were old-fashioned, just that that sort of phone call handling seems so old fashioned to me.

pomtzu
01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Pom, just so we are clear, I wasn't meaning YOU were old-fashioned, just that that sort of phone call handling seems so old fashioned to me.

Oh I know what you meant, and I agree that it's not done that way too much anymore - thankfully! But I admit that I'm old fashioned too, in some respects, and phone courtesy is one of them! :D

Asiel
01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh I know what you meant, and I agree that it's not done that way too much anymore - thankfully! But I admit that I'm old fashioned too, in some respects, and phone courtesy is one of them! :D

I have to agree with you on that one Pom. I'm one who thinks it's about the rudest thing someone can do. If I'm on the phone with someone and they get a call I will hang on only if they say it's the doctor or similar, vet, dentist. I know those calls have to be answered and they only last a few minutes. But to have someone call me and let me hang because of another call...no way, they won't find me waiting when they get through.
When I call someone never will I take another call unless from the doctor, dentist or vet office and I always warn the person that we might get interrupted by the call if I'm expecting it.
This is one of Ma Bell's big mistakes as far as I'm concerned. Totally not needed and ridiculous in my book. Guess I must be terribly old fashioned too because not only do I find it rude but a show of bad manners also. I don't do it to anyone and I won't let them do it to me, I hang up and don't take the call when they call back.

Cataholic
01-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Asiel and Pom- PM me your numbers, I am going to get us on a three way call to discuss this further. :)

Aside from my lack of telephone manners, I am pretty tactful otherwise. :D

pomtzu
01-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Asiel and Pom- PM me your numbers, I am going to get us on a three way call to discuss this further. :)
:D

No way Jo - you'll put me on hold. :eek: Besides - you should still have it from last summer, unless of course you deleted it because I'm not important! :rolleyes::p:D

Cataholic
01-06-2012, 09:26 AM
LOL. I wonder if I do still have it? It wouldn't have a thing to do with you being important...more like my feeble minded brain remembering where I put it. :)

slick
01-06-2012, 07:07 PM
OH dear, what did I start???? :o:eek:

pomtzu
01-07-2012, 06:10 AM
OH dear, what did I start???? :o:eek:

Nothing mean between us - these are just joking jabs we are exchanging. :D

phesina
01-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I certainly won't miss Casey Anthony... Ooops.. I spoke too soon...

Karen
01-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Resist clicking on the stories and the media may "get it!"

pomtzu
01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
If you're talking about Casey Anthony, Karen - you don't need to click on anything. She's plastered all over the t.v. again. I personally don't give a rat's a$$ about anything about her. Given enough time and enough rope, she'll eventually hang herself. She's so stupid that she didn't know enough to quit while she was ahead, but with that huge ego of hers, she'll never be satisfied if she's not in some spotlight. :mad:

phesina
01-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Resist clicking on the stories and the media may "get it!"

Karen, just like Pom, I don't click on anything... She's just THERE all over the place again all of a sudden.

AvaJoy
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Unless I am mistaken, this thread had like 23 pages when I first came upon it last week sometime. Due to time constraints I could only read the first few pages, but was looking forward to reading the rest and now it has shrunk to only 4 pages . . . all of Richard's posts are gone.:(

As for putting a caller on hold momentarily to take an incoming call, if someone did that to me it would not ruffle my feathers in the least. The key word is MOMENTARILY. If the second call requires immediate attention, just come back on the line and let me know ASAP and we can resume our conversation later. This is done in the work place all the time. Business phones have several incoming lines for this reason. It is not a breach of etiquette nor do I find it insulting.

Cataholic
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Avajoy...you are right. Something has shrunk.

Anyone know what has happened? :confused:

AvaJoy
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Edwina's are also gone. I was enjoying their banter and looking forward to reading more. Maybe both decided to remove their posts.:confused:I am disappointed.

Edwina's Secretary
01-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Edwina's are also gone. I was enjoying their banter and looking forward to reading more. Maybe both decided to remove their posts.:confused:I am disappointed.

You must have it mixed up with - perhaps the Religion and Politics thread? This is my first post in this thread.

Karen
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I was thing the same thing, Sara, as I would see "deleted" posts if they existed!

DriftyAlison0
01-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I won't miss drinking (I quit in 2011) this year. I won't miss the hangovers and all the stuff that drinking brings.

Cataholic
01-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Drifty- I wish you peace and best wishes for beginning this new journey!

RICHARD
01-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Singers who do a totally inappropriate redition of songs at public events.

Steven Tyler, I thoroughly enjoyed your SSB at the game last week and I find Christina Aguilera as the most annoying, obnoxious person in entertainment.

It's a travesty that a voice like that is attached to a twit like that.

And do not start me on Celine Dion.