PDA

View Full Version : Dog Breed Info Center website?

Demi Is A Digimon
12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
What are your opinions on that site? I've just found it today and I've been looking through the pictures of the dogs. Haha :-)

Karen
12-29-2011, 01:50 PM
What's the URL? Never seen it to offer an opinion ...

luvofallhorses
12-29-2011, 04:51 PM
do you mean dogbreedinfo.com? I think it's a horrible site for dog information, personally!

IRescue452
12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Its so-so. I use it sometimes to get a quick look if I'm out of practice on a breed, like answering a question on akitas if I don't quite remember what height or weight they should be. Mostly I've spent so much time in my life reading about dogs that the answer is in my head but sometimes I'm a bit rusty. They have a lot of non-US breeds and info, but also a lot of byb info. Sometimes, however, you do want to look up about a mix to know a little about them too. Even though I'm against designer dogs, I do like to keep up with them so I'm not in the blue about what different people are doing with dogs, if that makes sense to you. You can hate something and be ignorant about it, or hate it and have knowledge about it. Which is better?

Karen
12-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I stumbled across it today, and it's not something I'd recommend, as it gives equal billing to "designer" dogs as it does purebreds, which is just misleading. You're not going to get consistent results when you mix breeds, and you cannot really say a "schnoodle" will have this characteristic or that ...

Asiel
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I think it's a farce. Hate the way they seem to approve of designer breeds. Not something I would trust for serious information.

Varga
12-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah, like others have said, I don't like how it just validates any mix as a "breed". Plus it also allows users to post ads selling their designer puppy. That's pretty shady a far as I'm concerned.

The pictures are cute though. Especially the ones where they show a puppy photo and adult photo of the same dog. I love seeing pics like that :)

jakee83
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
I thing german shepherd kind of dog is so good for family security.
I have also same kind.which I own from a cross breeds.he is three monthe old.