PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my Ellie-mae.....

carole
12-29-2011, 04:16 AM
My sweet girl seems to have taken a turn for the worse tonight, very sudden really, she is vomiting everything i give her about an hour later, i gave her a steroid hoping that would help, she has also peed outside her litter box, right beside it twice now, she is still peeing in the box as well,just odd for her and she looks a bit vacant.

There are no UTI issues , as i am very aware of that,it is more like she does not know quite what she is doing.,but keeping a close eye all the same, does not seem to be in any pain when peeing or afterwards and not displaying the usual symptoms and behaviours of one.

I am very worried, will have to try and get a vet appointment tomorrow, but they are so booked up always, she is terminally ill as you all know,and has been holding her own really well until tonight, she has been eating really well and did not appear to be in much discomfort,I would never let that happen anyhow, i really know my kitties very well, their body language ,everything as i am with them 24/7.

Ellie might not recover this time, but i am hoping it is only a temporary set back, however i am realistic enough to know i may have to let her go,she has had a good six months and i was hoping for more, but i am not giving up just yet, who knows what tomorrow will bring, hopefully something good to report , in the meantime another sleepless night ahead.

All your good thoughts and prayers are much needed now and would be so deeply appreciated, this wee girl is so special to me, and i love her with all my heart,but i don't want her to suffer,and will do what is right if i have to.

Thanks for listening.

Medusa
12-29-2011, 04:34 AM
I hope that Ellie-mae is just having a bad day and that she'll bounce back quickly. Prayers going up right now. Keep the faythe, Carole. :love:

ChrisH
12-29-2011, 04:46 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way for you both. {{hugs}}

phesina
12-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Prayers and healing energies and loving warmth are being sent for Ellie-Mae. You are so much loved, dear little girl.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

robinh
12-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Prayers for you both on the way.

chocolatepuppy
12-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Prayers for Ellie-mae on the way. {hugs}

Felicia's Mom
12-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Ellie-may!:love:

Cataholic
12-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Good thoughts and lots of.prayers coming.

Bonny
12-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Good thoughts & prayers sent for Ellie-mae & you Carole.

Randi
12-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Lots of good and healing thoughts for little Ellie-Mae. I so hope she will bounce back and you can have some more time with her. Is she drinking?

Gentle kisses to your sweet girl - and hugs to you. :love:

mrspunkysmom
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Prayers on the way!

Karen
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
She'll be in our prayers!

Queen of Poop
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for you both!!! :love:

Taz_Zoee
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm hoping she just had a bad day......as most of us do, right?........and she will be feeling better soon.

Hugs to both Carole and Ellie-mae.

Catty1
12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Prayers for Ellie-Mae. I had wondered how she was doing...six months doing so well!

Hugs to you and to her.:love::love:I hope she can see the vet soon.

sallyandsnowx
12-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh no. :( Ellie Mae will be in my prayers.

momcat
12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Many prayers are being prayed for your Ellie-Mae. Please let us know how she's doing as you have the chance.

Groucho sends feel better headbumpies and purrs to his kitty friend as well as kitty hugs for you. Could I ask you to give Ellie-Mae some gentle feel better lovies for me?

Pinot's Mom
12-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Prayers and gentle {{{hugs}}} from here for both of you. :love:

Freedom
12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Prayers for you and Ellie Mae from Rhode Island!

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Carole, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

carole
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank you so much everyone, it worked, Ellie improved this morning, she ate and kept it down, i think the steroid kicked in, i know my time is limited with her,unless she proves me wrong YES PLEASE, but i was really worried as this has not happened before, she often vomits in the morning, but is ok the rest of the day and sometimes she eats large amounts of food, just does not put on the weight, her weight is the same , which is good ,although her fur is not great and she is skinny and very pot bellied.

Good news she also did not pee outside the box again, i gave her a talking to, i swear she understands lol, no i did not growl too much.

I gave her another steroid this morning, and am hoping this will keep her reasonably comfortable and able to keep her food down, so far so good, she is drinking fine too.

If any kitty could beat this, my Ellie will, she is very strong willed and a fighter every inch of the way.

She is going to see my vet in a week for her vaccination, well to see if it is ok to still give it to her, catch 22 as she is so sick could be bad for her, but then being so sick and a flu carrier she needs it more than any cat would, but my vet will decide for me, i trust him completely.,as long as she stays stable she will be ok at home for now, just worried with the new years hols coming up that she makes another turn for the worst.

I honestly thought it was the end of the road last night, i have never seen her look that bad since being diagnosed,and it was scaring me, i am prepared for the worst, but was not expecting it just yet, i am NOT ready to part way with my beautiful fur friend, not yet.

Please keep those prayers a coming, they seem to be working, i have great faith in the power of PT, it has worked wonders before, and will do yet again, thank you all.

Karen
12-29-2011, 08:50 PM
So great to hear! Keep up the good work, Ellie! ;)

Alysser
12-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Keep improving little Ellie!

carole
12-29-2011, 09:11 PM
She is still a very sick little girl, but certainly brighter and eating and keeping it down so far, fingers and all paws crossed.

beeniesmom
12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Carole, Sorry about Ellie. I'm glad she's improving a little and able to keep food down.

kuhio98
12-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Sending many prayers for Ellie-Mae. We're pulling for you, precious girl.

phesina
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Well done, Ellie-Mae!

We keep on praying for you and for your Meowmie too, who loves you so very, very much.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

finn's mom
12-29-2011, 10:21 PM
She is still a very sick little girl, but certainly brighter and eating and keeping it down so far, fingers and all paws crossed.

Crossing ours!!!

moosmom
12-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Carole,

I am so sorry Ellie has taken a turn. You and Ellie are in my thoughts and prayers every single night. I know how tough it's been. St. Francis is watching over Ellie. If you PM me with your number, I can call you. I'm always here for you.

:love::love: and hugs

Donna and fur crew

*LabLoverKEB*
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Prayers on the way for Ellie! :love:

carole
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Aww you guy's are just the best, thank you all for your kind words of love and support, and prayers, and they are working, Ellie-Mae is doing really good today, i am hoping i am not speaking too soon, the steroids seem to be doing their job, and she has a great appetite, more than my other two,of course they get fat, but she doesn't.

She seems happier and content and doing all her toilet back in the box etc,cannot figure out why she did that, never has before.

Maybe the vomiting was not related to her illness, but i assumed it was,and i still think so, but one cannot be sure, hoping she continues to stay stable, as that is all we can ask for,i so thought i was going to loose her, i know we live on a permanent roller coaster ride with her, as we did with Ash,and you never know what the day will bring,but have to hope for the best.

I am going to keep her on one steroid per day at least until we see my vet for her vaccination,she used to be on three a day before her teeth surgery, so this is a much lower dose, i hate giving them to her though as you have to wonder if they actually caused what she has now, but is another catch 22 situation , you don't want her in pain, and if they help that is what we have to do.

Anyhow all is going ok for her at the moment, and i hope i can continue to report only good news, thanks again everyone.:):love:

Karen
12-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Aww, you're welcome. The only times I have been on Prednisone, it made me ravenously hungry, and in her case, that's a good thing! The funny thing is, the same drug wipes out my brother's appetite completely, and he has to be reminded to eat, so it's good neither us has to do it often!

robinh
12-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Will pray that Ellie-Mae continues to do well.

phesina
12-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh, that's such good news! Continuing prayers for Ellie-mae and you both, Carole.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

carole
12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
yes well Karen i think your brother may be one in a million ,most people have ferocious appetites on steroids, and they usually can make you have what one calls a moon shaped face too, if on them long enough,i have even noticed it with ellie when she was on them long term last year.

She is happily snoozing in the cat shelter on the verandah,we have lovely soft seats that were from an expensive outdoor set my mother gave us, and they have baskets and a ton of blankets and a tarpaulin covering the side so they won't get wet, they love it out there,especially Ellie, it is raining cats and dogs here today and the weather is just awful and humid too, but the girls prefer to be there, Ellie is on the ground on the verandah , silly ole girl when she could be on a nice soft bed, but i have moved her many times in to the basket and she sometimes stay's other times she just goes back to her place, so long as she is happy i am happy, cats know what they want don't they?

Gonna be a very wet new year in Aotearoa,everywhere apparently.:(

Freedom
12-30-2011, 05:50 PM
So happy to read it seems she is stable again. Prayers continue for this to last a good long time.

carole
12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Thank you so much:):love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm so glad that she's feeling better.:) Yes, I would say that her vomiting is probably a part of her illness.:( My Storm is also on just 1/2 pill of pred every day or else he'll also vomit. So far it's done the trick and he hasn't gained a lot of weight like my RB Starr did. I don't know how old Ellie-mae is but my vet told me to stop all vaccines on Storm since he's over 10 years old. I hope that the reduced pred doseage each day will help her. It will help any inflammation she may have. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

carole
12-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Ellie is about 12 yrs old, i only have the previous owner who neglected her,word on this, but i would say she would be around there,just to clarify, she always vomits,probably nearly every morning with or without the meds,but this was different, she just could not keep any food down, but seems ok now, and is eating very well , thanks to the meds, YAHOO, even went out today and looked at the shops, so that shows you how comfortable i was with her being well today, mind you hubby was here to keep an eye on her anyhow. Thanks again everyone, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, never can get enough where she is concerned.:):love:

p.s Trouble with Ellie is she is a cat flu carrier, so i guess it is for the best to vaccinate her, i will see what my vet thinks and make a decision soon, but i think it will be best to carry on with her vaccinations, as cat flu could and probably would kill her if she got it right now.

caseysmom
12-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Glad she is doing better.