PDA

View Full Version : A tribute

Dixie Belle
11-13-2002, 12:36 AM
I'm only doing this, because I know that no one here will laugh. I know that everyone here at one time or another lost a pet that was as dear to them as Mama was to me. So here is my tribute to my girlie.

I was fifteen and dealing with some stuff in my life. It wasn't as bad as what some people have to deal with, but all the same I was unhappy.

It was in June when you popped in my life. A little black puppy, just sitting on the carport. We had no idea where you came from, but you knew you were home. My sister begged to keep you and named you "Spooky".

How angry I was when I found you with no water. And judging by your tummy, no food had been given to you either. So I watered and fed you, took you under my wing. You started growing, and soon began to teach me a few things.

When I couldn't stand people, and needed to just get away, when my days just never went right, I would call you. Together we would take off for the woods. We would walk to our favorite spot. On a fallen down pine tree, I would sit with you and soon find myself telling you everything that was wrong. The part that was amazing was that no matter what I said, no matter how I felt, as long as we were together, you never cared.

One day we were sitting at our favorite log, I happened to really notice the color of your eyes. They were different from any other dog's eyes I had seen, they were almost human when you were listening to me. So I changed your name and you became "Brown Bay".

Life goes on, we got older, but nothing changed. We were best friends. Remember at the vet's office when the two dalmations ran up to me growling and barking? All you did was let out one growl and both of those dogs tucked tail. And girlie, I will never forget the day you surprised me with seven new puppies! You were such a good mama that it was just so easy to say. And now that is the name we all remember today.

The memories are crowded....they are all flooding in. You kept my neice from being hit by a car. Making people laugh when you visited the nursing home. And the looks on the children's faces when you went with me to get my nephew from pre-school.

You've always been there with those Mama-dog eyes. When Uncle Dicky died, when my great-grandmother died. I always wished I could give you a voice, but I guess it never really matter, your look was enough.

If I could have one wish before I die, I know without question what it would be. I would wish everyone to be as lucky as me. Show me a friend as faithful and true. Show me someone that could be the same as you.

You crossed to Rainbow Bridge and I know Justin greeted you there. He can introduce you to all my old pets who are there. Wait for me Mama, and be happy at heart, cause girlie I'm coming and I'll be looking for you. And all of us together, we'll all hit the woods and sit at the pine tree put there just for us. Mama be ready cause the first thing I want, is for you to sit by me with that Mama-dog look.

Fuzzy317
11-13-2002, 02:28 AM
http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/otn/sad/bncry.gif

Logan
11-13-2002, 05:33 AM
Oh, Cheryl, my heart is just breaking for you. What a lovely tribute to your precious Mama Dog. I believe she was your "heart dog" and loved you very much.

Logan :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-13-2002, 06:43 AM
What a beautiful tribute, Cheryl! I cried so hard reading it. It is full of so much love.

trisha0503
11-13-2002, 08:32 AM
This is so nice , it makes me cry too :( Every line depicts the unconditional love that you share with each other :( We hope you feel better soon Cheryl :(

manda99
11-13-2002, 09:21 AM
That was beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope those wonderful memories of your special spot in the woods and her lovely eyes will keep you strong.

Take care.

ChrisH
11-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Beautiful.

tatsxxx11
11-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Oh Cheryl, I'm cyring so hard and my heart aches for you so.:( Momma Dog was that once in a lifetime forever dog. What a beautiful tribute you have written for your beautiful girl. I know she waits lovingly for that day when she and her Mom will once again sit together at that cherished spot in the woods. All my love to you Dixie. I'm so, so sorry. Sandra

sammi
11-13-2002, 02:07 PM
That was a beautiful tribute - I can tell you loved her very much.

Sudilar
11-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Pure love! Beautiful!

anna_66
11-13-2002, 03:03 PM
Cheryl, I can feel you pain over your loss of you Momma dog in your tribute, and I hope it helped you, if even in just a small way.
It was just beautiful.
Anna

ramanth
11-13-2002, 03:33 PM
That was so beautiful and touching. *sniffs*

My thoughts are with you.

*hugs*

primabella
11-13-2002, 03:40 PM
omg, i don't ever cry or get sentimental over things and my eyes are watering up! that last paragraph killed me! :( i am so sorry for your loss. {hug}

Tina
11-13-2002, 04:07 PM
That was a very wonderful tribute to your Momma dog. I also had tears in my eyes. I really hope that you feel better soon.

gini
11-13-2002, 04:14 PM
What an absolutely beautiful tribute to a wonderful pet that you dearly loved and that clearly loved you right from the beginning.

I feel sorry for all of the people that have never known such love nor have been able to give it in return.

I am so sorry for your loss!

shais_mom
11-14-2002, 01:36 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to her tho.
:(
Godspeed to the Bridge, mama.

lovemyshiba
11-14-2002, 09:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss--what a beautiful tribute.

Kfamr
11-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Your story made tears in my eyes. It was worded bautifully, straight from the heart. Sorry aobut your loss. RIP Mama.

Dixieland Dancer
11-14-2002, 10:58 AM
We do understand the unconditional love you speak of. That is why posting your tribute to momma dog on Pet Talk was the best thing you could of done! We share your love and sorrow in having opened your heart to one of God's greatest gifts - Dogs!!!

Chin up now though and let the memories keep you strong until you meet again. Perhaps Momma will lead you to another sweet relationship to help heal the place in your heart that is breaking. ;)

Thank you for sharing your special girl with us!

K9karen
11-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Sniff..what a lovely tribute. have a safe trip, Mama

Twisterdog
11-14-2002, 10:20 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a lovely story. It made me cry. Godspeed. :(