PDA

View Full Version : We have a new born polar bear

Randi
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM
The story is similar to the one in Germany. You can read about it here, and see pictures:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,806042,00.html

Karen
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
He is so cute! And I was glad to read the article, too, as one "dumbed down" repot said "His name means ice in Scandinavian" and I thought - there is no one language for all of Scandinavia! It's either Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish ... " so I was glad they said "Greenlandic" - a tad more specific! I hope he has a long and healthy life!

cassiesmom
12-28-2011, 12:44 PM
OMB, what a darling! I love polar bears! I hope he has a long, healthy life too!

Randi
12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, isn't he cute!! :love: I found another link with more text, pictures and a video.

http://www.skandinaviskdyrepark.dk/index.dsp?area=393

phesina
12-28-2011, 01:30 PM
This adorable little guy has been all over the news here! What a sweet little baby, and what good people who are caring for him and nurturing him so carefully! May God bless them all.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
12-28-2011, 04:46 PM
What an adorable baby!:D

momcat
12-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Thank you for posting this, Randi. I love polar bears and their current situation with the effects of climate change break my heart. Extinct is forever, what a tragic loss it would be to lose these majestic beings!

The baby is beyond adorable! I didn't realize what a small fellow he is until his caretaker picked him up. I pray that this precious little baby enjoys a long, healthy, happy life!

Randi
12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I love polar bears and their current situation with the effects of climate change break my heart. Extinct is forever, what a tragic loss it would be to lose these majestic beings!
Sadly, a lot of people don't realize how the climate change will affect these gorgeous animals - and many others. :(

I too wish there's hope for this one. :love:

manda_moo87
12-29-2011, 02:25 PM
So precious. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2011, 03:36 PM
He's so cute and I was also surprised to see how small he is.:) I hope he'll continue to thrive and have a long happy life.:)

Kirsten
12-29-2011, 04:06 PM
He's cute! But I sure hope he will have a happier life than poor Knut had. Knut was such a hype as a cub, but his life as an adult was so sad and miserable. I hope those who raise Siku will learn from the mistakes done with Knut, even though I'm not sure if polar bears could ever be happy in zoos, especially when hand-raised. This is even more sad as their natural environment is fading. It's such a dilemma!

Anyway, best wishes for that little sweet cub! :love: :love: