PDA

View Full Version : As 2011 draws to a close, what was your favorite event/memory and why?

CountryWolf07
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
So let's hear it! :) I know this year WENT BY like an blink of a eye. Way too fast. I do have a favorite memory though - my trip to California with Mike in May. It was a 2 week trip and I was able to explore all beaches in Southern California and visit L.A and Hollywood. It was quite a experience. Such a beautiful state, so I hope to visit the northern part someday! And my other favorite would be, getting a house with 3 acres w/ the boyfriend and we're moving on to the next step. Now, how about you?

sparks19
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
I'd say the best memory was our disney world trip this year :)

That was the best trip we've ever had. It was so... magical lol. I will never forget it. we will have more trips to Disney world (like in 25 days lol) but this one will always stand out.

Trinityagain
12-27-2011, 03:19 PM
I would have to say being chased across a field by a Confederate officer (who happens to be a very good friend) at a Civil War re-enactment (I was portraying a Yankee Sharpshooter)...I landed on my butt and sat there and giggled like crazy...it was such a blast!

cassiesmom
12-27-2011, 03:19 PM
My nephew got married in June, and my oldest niece got married in October. 2011 is the year of weddings in my family!

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
So let's hear it! :) I know this year WENT BY like an blink of a eye. Way too fast. I do have a favorite memory though - my trip to California with Mike in May. It was a 2 week trip and I was able to explore all beaches in Southern California and visit L.A and Hollywood. It was quite a experience. Such a beautiful state, so I hope to visit the northern part someday! And my other favorite would be, getting a house with 3 acres w/ the boyfriend and we're moving on to the next step. Now, how about you?

When you come to Northern California, you better let me know! :)

This year went by so darn fast I can't even think of my favorite thing. Maybe it's my new car...even though I just got that almost two weeks ago. :p

moosmom
12-27-2011, 04:14 PM
June 4th, my beautiful daughter's wedding day!!

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/meandamy2.jpg

CountryWolf07
12-27-2011, 09:20 PM
When you come to Northern California, you better let me know! :)

This year went by so darn fast I can't even think of my favorite thing. Maybe it's my new car...even though I just got that almost two weeks ago. :p

Absolutely! Where in Northern California do you live? I have a very good friend who's relocating to, I want to say, San Francisco or Sacramento, but crud. I can't remember? I will have to ask her. We attended Ohio State together - met her through a ASL class or two. She's such a great person. She's going out there for a speech/hearing job. Speech pathologist, I think.

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Absolutely! Where in Northern California do you live? I have a very good friend who's relocating to, I want to say, San Francisco or Sacramento, but crud. I can't remember? I will have to ask her. We attended Ohio State together - met her through a ASL class or two. She's such a great person. She's going out there for a speech/hearing job. Speech pathologist, I think.

I live in the East Bay Area (Concord), which is about an hour from San Francisco and just over an hour to Sacramento. I actually grew up just 30 minutes from Sac and my family still lives out there. :)

happylabs
12-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Without a doubt it would have to be my son's wedding. It was beautiful and perfect. I love my new daughter-in-law so much.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=477&pictureid=5003

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
For me it was without any doubt last week's Christmas eve with our complete family!!(see pics in topic I posted about that: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=171268 )

momcat
12-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I absolutely and totally LOVE winter! As I get older I love it more and more. Last year was a winter lover's dream come true with all the wonderful frigid temperatures and most of all, more snow than we've had here in quite some time. Hoping for a repeat this winter!

Alysser
12-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Favorite Event - Graduating high school, finally!

Favorite Memory - Senior Week - Prom, Senior trip, Senior Breakfast, Year book signing party and everything about Senior year!

I can't complain. I graduated high school, worked with awesome people all summer, got through my first semester of college with a 3.77 GPA, and finally got a job involving DOGS!:D

Roxyluvsme13
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh gosh, I don't even know.

Probably all the things I did with my new awesome friends in college. Like salsa dancing, laser tag, 3spoons yogurt, etc.

Getting Brennan was also a really great event because I've wanted a Pit Bull my whole life ever since I knew a thing about them.

Oh, and getting my license and my first car was pretty eventful :D

chocolatepuppy
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I absolutely and totally LOVE winter! As I get older I love it more and more. Last year was a winter lover's dream come true with all the wonderful frigid temperatures and most of all, more snow than we've had here in quite some time. Hoping for a repeat this winter!

I'd have to second this. The last few winters have been very snowy and I love it!:D Adopting Angel and Tessa were very happy events!:love:

Sowa
12-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Not to be depressing - but this year was really bad for me. The one great thing though was getting Clover. I couldn't have made it through the year without her.

finn's mom
12-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Clara's second birthday party in August was definitely a high point! We had a huge turnout, with over 40 people stopping by throughout the day! Including my mother. She stayed about a week. :)

Clara and I flew to Illinois in May to see my mother's side of the family. It was amazing. I hadn't seen them since 06 or 07. Definitely don't want to go that long again between visits!

Reentering the workforce in October, even if for only 20-25 hours a week! It's been nice, even though I miss my girl when I'm gone!

It's been a wonderful year. :)

dab_20
12-30-2011, 12:25 AM
My favorite event was getting engaged! Only happened a few weeks ago actually. Had a lot of great memories with my fiance and family this year. Every year gets better and better for me :)

sallyandsnowx
12-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Deffinatley my junior prom. :) They say prom is one of the greatest nights of your life and lemme tell ya, it was! It was such a blast.

popcornbird
12-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a lot of memories from this year. My baby boy's first steps, my brother got married to a wonderful girl, and we found out we're expecting baby #2. :)