PDA

View Full Version : Bella (Bertie) Pic #17, Update #37

mrspunkysmom
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM
The lady texted me saying she was running late but would be there to take Bertie home. I liked that message. :love:

So she picked her up and she should almost be home now. Bertie going to a place with two sets of stairs and plenty of room to run. :love:

She'll also have her own room for a while. Only two other kitties in residence, one 6-year old demon cat and one 12-year old curmudgeon that will leave her alone. :D

This should be a lot less stressful for Miss Bertie. :love:

Karen
12-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Bon voyage, Bertie, and enjoy your new home!

cassiesmom
12-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Yay, Bertie and Mr Spunky's Mom! :love: :love: :love:

phesina
12-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Best wishes to you, Bertie, in your wonderful new HOME!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
12-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Yay, Bertie!:D

sallyandsnowx
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Yay! Good luck with your new home, Bertie. :D

kaycountrygal
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Good Luck Bertie! Hope it works out and you have a happy new home.

Catty1
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Wonderful! I hope it all works out for Bertie and her fursibs!

Any chance of an update picture? ;)

You're home now, Bertie. Your furrever home where you'll be furrever loved.:):love:

Felicia's Mom
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Best wishes in your new home Bertie.

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope that everything will work out for her in her new home.:)

mrspunkysmom
12-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Update:

Bertie is hiding under the bed. Considering she hid for 5 weeks, this is normal. Bert likes this lady so I have high hopes.

Randi
12-28-2011, 06:11 AM
That's how to do it, Bertie... check out everything you can from under the bed, then come out and say hello to your kitty sisters and your new mom. You will soon feel at home and enjoy getting spoiled in your forever home. :) :love:

catmandu
12-28-2011, 09:35 AM
That is great that Bertie has a New FurrEver Home, and we pray that she and her new Roomies all get on well.:love:

mrspunkysmom
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM
just got this email from Deborah. :D

Hi Anne- I wanted to let you know that I slept in Bertie's room last night. She came out and snuggled with me for a fair portion of the night. She also used the litter box and ate a couple of bites. She's been under the bed all day today, but I haven't had time until now to spend with her. She's purring away under the bed as I sit talking to her. She's been happy whenever my husband reaches under the bed to pet her- we'll see if she comes out tonight.
Deborah

So far so good. She's not been introduced to the kittehs yet but no rush as far as I am concerned. I so want this to go well.

:D :love:

mrspunkysmom
12-28-2011, 08:53 PM
That is great that Bertie has a New FurrEver Home, and we pray that she and her new Roomies all get on well.:love:

Yes, it is. I feel like I done good. :D

sallyandsnowx
12-29-2011, 12:35 AM
What wonderful news! I'm glad Bertie is warming up to her new home and enjoying her new parents. :D

mrspunkysmom
12-31-2011, 03:00 PM
A message from Bella's ( Bert's ) new meowmie:

Happy new year to you too! Bertie is doing great. She has been renamed Bella- she responded to the name and it suits her. Bella has been very friendly and responding sweetly with my son, husband and me. She's eating well and has nice litter box manners. She's very scared around the other cats right now, so we are not pushing that aspect yet. I got her a step perch which allows her to get onto the bed and also to look out the window. I'll send you a picture of her on it in a few minutes. She really is a sweetie.
Enjoy the beginning of the new year with your bunch, and try not to think about Monday too much! :(

She is just beautiful in the pic. :love: So calm and still. And the colors of the room suit her. :D :love:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=338&pictureid=5017

Scooter's Mom
12-31-2011, 03:15 PM
That makes me so happy! I love seeing her so peaceful.

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the update.:) She looks great and I'm glad that she's fitting in so well. I also love her new name.:)

phesina
12-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh, Bella, you are just so beautiful and happy in your new home! It's even color-coordinated perfectly for you!

God bless you and your new family and Anne too for bringing you together. Happy New Year!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
12-31-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm glad Bella is adapting to her new home.:love:

robinh
12-31-2011, 05:09 PM
:D
Fabulous news. Congrats to Bella on her new home.

happylabs
12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
That is the BEST news ever! So happy you found a truly loving home for her. She looks great too. Bless you!

Grace
12-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Bella - love the name. Living in the lap of luxury - doesn't get any better than that. Wonderful way to begin a new year :love:

Good job, Anne :)

katladyd
12-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Bella is one lucky kitty. Two homes have loved her and given her a chance at a good life!:love: You go girl!:D

cassiesmom
12-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Yay, Bertie-Bella, Mr. SPunky's Mom and your new meowmy too! Happy New Year!

mrspunkysmom
12-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Bella is one lucky kitty. Two homes have loved her and given her a chance at a good life!:love: You go girl!:D

Thank You. I done good. We all done good. Miss Vickie for putting her in the office instead of the pound to be killed. Me for finally relenting and taking her home even though I knew Sam would have a hissy fit. And Deb for taking a chance on her. Even after all of the negatives she came to see her. And then took her home.

I do feel good. Now I am out of this for a while. Sam needs to chill out and so do I.

mrspunkysmom
12-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Yay, Bertie-Bella, Mr. SPunky's Mom and your new meowmy too! Happy New Year!

Bella is a beautiful name for a beautiful cat.

Thanks

Happy New Year, Cassiesmom. Jane says Happy New Year to Cassie, her sister in blue.

Taz_Zoee
01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
This is great that you found a home for Bella with such patient people. They really sound like they love her and know how to handle her.

You done VERY good!! :D

Catty1
01-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Her front legs look short and chubby and furry in a very cute way! For her to be out from under the bed and happy with lovins from the whole family is great! When she feels really secure with them, then the other cats are next. I am so glad her new family knows to not rush her at all. :):love:

What a pretty kitty!:love:

mrspunkysmom
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Her front legs look short and chubby and furry in a very cute way! For her to be out from under the bed and happy with lovins from the whole family is great! When she feels really secure with them, then the other cats are next. I am so glad her new family knows to not rush her at all. :):love:

What a pretty kitty!:love:

Oh i am tickled pink with her reaction. Her ideal weight will be between 8 and 10 pounds. She has a small frame, but was 15 pounds.

And she is a pretty kitty. :love:

kuhio98
01-01-2012, 02:20 PM
What a wonderful home for Beautiful Bella. I hope her purrrrrrsons consider joining Pet Talk. I would love to watch her blossom in her new home.

sallyandsnowx
01-01-2012, 11:45 PM
It's great to hear she's liking her new home. I like her new name too, Bella fits her well. :) Pretty name for a pretty kitty!

kaycountrygal
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
What a happy ending for Bella! I am so glad she is adapting well to her new home. She's a very pretty cat. All of you involved with her did great!!

Pinot's Mom
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Awww, that's all, just Awww!:love:

momcat
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
What a lucky and beautiful kitty! It sounds like Bella has found the purrfect furever home where she's loved and cared for. I wish Bella many years of good health, love, and companionship!

Concatulations, you did a wonderful job!!!

mrspunkysmom
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
This is just Fantastic News.

Bella is making nice progress. We kept the room unblocked while we were home in the evenings this week. She started coming out on her own and checking things out. I've been sick all week-end and haven't gone anywhere, so Bella has been free to roam all week-end. For the most part, she stays under a bed and sleeps during the day, then comes out in the evening and hangs with us. She's slept in bed with us a couple of times and one of those times there was another cat on the bed with us, but they did not bother each other. My old cats have done some hissing and so has Bella, but that does not bother me. Having gone through this with my other cats, I know that things will just ease up slowly until they completely tolerate each other. Right now, they mostly ignore each other. Bella has been eating good, running up and down the stairs-you can sure hear her coming! She's managed to jump up on the beds and couch a few times with no help needed, so that's been encouraging too.I don't plan on gating her off tomorrow-I think the cats are ready to give each their own space.

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the latest update. This is wonderful news!!!:D It sounds like she finally found the purrfect loving forever home.:)

katladyd
01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I am so happy for Bella that she has found such a loving furrever home!:love:

cassiesmom
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I am so glad Bella is doing well in her new home! :D

lizbud
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Oh i am tickled pink with her reaction. Her ideal weight will be between 8 and 10 pounds. She has a small frame, but was 15 pounds.

And she is a pretty kitty. :love:

She sure is a pretty girl.:love: It's so good to hear that Bella is
blending in so well at her new home.:)