PDA

View Full Version : Was: So I almost did it again Now: allergy update

mrspunkysmom
12-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I was leaving a restaurant with some friends and I tripped over an unpainted speed bump. :o

SPLAT! :eek:

Nothing broke But I sure do hurt. :eek:

I'd cuss if I thought it would help. :D

The knees are sooooo swollen. Or feel that way. :eek:

I'd write more but Spunky has decided I need his love.

phesina
12-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh, I'm sorry! That sounds like it smarts.

Be all better from this soon! Meanwhile, you are in good paws with Dr. Spunky.

Karen
12-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Put your feet up the legs are at least level, and a heating pad or ice, whichever your preference - may help them feel a bit better.

Lilith Cherry
12-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Ouchh! I do hope you feel much less sore very quickly!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I've done this before too. I sure hope you feel better soon. Please take care.

sana
12-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear about that accident.. :( Hope you get well soon! Prayers for you :love: I hope little Mr.Spunky comforted you a lot ;) He must have taken a great care of you, right :D

moosmom
12-27-2011, 06:10 AM
I feel your pain!! I find I "trip" more, the older I get. Of course, having osteoarthritis in both knees doesn't help either.

Feel better, girl!!!

xoxox:love::love:

Donna and fur crew

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Ouch!! :(
I tripped twice in one night a couple weeks ago. Never went completely down but I am feeling the pains just from that too. So I can imagine how you are feeling. :(
I hope you feel better soon. I'm going to the chiropractor this week earlier than I should because of my "trips".

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Tripping is never fun... I'm that person that trips over everything that can constantly be tripped over (including my own feet).

I hope you heal nicely without too many pains or bruises!

mrspunkysmom
12-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll pop by the chiro tomorrow just to check on things. I was walking today. The right knee didn't hurt too bad but it was really swollen.

Going to put my legs up now to reduce swelling.

Laura's Babies
12-28-2011, 05:51 PM
OWIEEEEEEE! I have been so afraid I will fall with all the dizziness and balance problems I been having.... Hope you heal fast!

mrspunkysmom
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
So does anyone know how to make a nutmeg infusion as an anti-inflammatory?

I am seriously allergic to NSAIDS, anything remotely related to aspirin and ibuprofen.

I know about making a tea from nutmeg and ginger but I don't want to make it too strong. I have some ground nutmeg and ginger. I also have whole nutmeg. It's been around a while but still smells nice.

I've been reading online but I would like to get y'all's opinion.

mrspunkysmom
01-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I figured someone here knew something about natural medicine. Or knows someone who does.

No Suggestions?

Catty1
01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Put your feet up and use a bag of frozen veggies (peas work best). Otherwise, get a rub like Biofreeze (cold) to put on it.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I figured someone here knew something about natural medicine. Or knows someone who does.

No Suggestions?

I sure wish i did know. I'd be sure and share it. I'm having tons of trouble with my right arm and shoulder now. Seems my arthritis is there now. I can hardly lift my right arm above chest level now.

One thing I keep reading about for inflamation is omega3 found in fish oils. I am taking it daily but so far it doesn't make any difference that I can tell. It's supposed to help cholesterol too.
:love:

Karen
01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I know green tea is supposed to be a good anti-infammatory, and it's pretty good for you no matter what, so even if you don't like it, it might be good to work into your routine.

Here's a list that claims to all be good anti-inflammatory foods:
http://theconsciouslife.com/top-10-anti-inflammatory-foods.htm

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I know green tea is supposed to be a good anti-infammatory, and it's pretty good for you no matter what, so even if you don't like it, it might be good to work into your routine.

Thank you for the link Karen. I drink green tea daily so it's nice to know it may be helping me. Also love love love blueberries. I make smoothies with them lots of times. I keep frozen ones on hand to throw in oatmeal and pancake batter.

One thing about the omega3 supplements, they do thin your blood so you should check with your dr before taking them. My dr put me on mine.

Karen
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I love blueberries, and I am not allergic to them, thankfully! I am allergic to fish, so don't dare the fish oil capsules!

Glacier
01-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I too am very allergic to anti-inflammatories. I have found that I can use Voltaren cream though. If I took voltaren as a pill, I'd end up in the ER. The cream isn't effective for hours at a time, but does provide some relief. Not sure where you live, but in Canada it's an over-the-counter product; my doctor has given me prescriptions for a stronger version too.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I too am very allergic to anti-inflammatories. I have found that I can use Voltaren cream though. If I took voltaren as a pill, I'd end up in the ER. The cream isn't effective for hours at a time, but does provide some relief. Not sure where you live, but in Canada it's an over-the-counter product; my doctor has given me prescriptions for a stronger version too.

I'm like you: I can't take the Voltaren pill but can use the cream. My dr gave me a prescrip for it. It just doesn't last long enough though. :love:

mrspunkysmom
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM

thank all of you for your thoughts and suggestions. Trying to find an anti-inflammatory now is not my only problem. I have been suffering from Hives since mid-October. Sometimes it's mild, sometimes severe. Sometimes I am red and swollen from head to toe. Sometimes the skin itches without redness and lately the redness is not going away at all. And sometimes it's stress.

And my muscles are cramping badly.

I think I've narrowed it down to yeast, wheat, corn, glutens, some sodas, aspartame, milk, and maybe excessive salt. I seem to be retaining water and that makes the skin itch also. Now to figure out which of these it is.

I think I will find some simple green tea. I have detox teas and some with pro-biotics and these seem to make me feel worse some times.

Thanks for listening and I'll let you know how it goes.

mrspunkysmom
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, I'm allergic to wheat, wheat glutens, what-whatever. I'm still somewhat itchy but I've cut out wheat from my diet and I already feel better.

Oddly enough, I also break out if I get hungry. As a diabetic I'm supposed to eat at regular times, but I just used to get grumpy. Now I break out in hives. Weird.

Right now I'm staying off corn, too, just to be safe.

what's really scary is that I think my synthetic thyroid medicine is compounded in wheat. I normally take a 175 and 1/2 of a 25 mcg pill before bed. last night I only took the 25 mcg. Still had hives this morning but not as bad. Tonight no thyroid med just to test it out.

Karen
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm allergic to wheat, wheat glutens, what-whatever. I'm still somewhat itchy but I've cut out wheat from my diet and I already feel better.

Oddly enough, I also break out if I get hungry. As a diabetic I'm supposed to eat at regular times, but I just used to get grumpy. Now I break out in hives. Weird.

Right now I'm staying off corn, too, just to be safe.

what's really scary is that I think my synthetic thyroid medicine is compounded in wheat. I normally take a 175 and 1/2 of a 25 mcg pill before bed. last night I only took the 25 mcg. Still had hives this morning but not as bad. Tonight no thyroid med just to test it out.

Talk to your pharmacist. They should be able to find you a gluten-free alternative. Thankfully in your case, the world is getting better at recognizing that gluten-free is a need for some people.