PDA

View Full Version : So what did you get for Christmas? :)

luvofallhorses
12-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I got..

Dolphin Tale from my brother
Perfume from my brother
A snuggie with dogs on it from my parents
Vanilla Bean Noel body spray from Bath & Body Works from my parents
A $25 card for Hastings
A sheet set
Some candy
A $15 Subway card

From my boss:

$20 gift card to Hastings
Some frosted fortune cookies
Treats for my dogs

From my co-worker:
Candy cane hot cocoa
Some homemade chocolate bark and peanut brittle.

:)

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh let's see...

From my dad and family:
$50
My dad is fixing my car in place of the other $50 he usually gives me.
Christmas candy (Which I helped them make :))

From my grandparents:
$25 and a sweet card.

From my mom:
Christmas dinner :p
Hello Kitty pajama pants
Socks
A really adorable Hello Kitty necklace
A new keychain for my car keys (It's a flip flop!)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Brennan (though he was really early LOL)

From my neighbors down the street:
Socks (I really like socks, so I was excited)
A necklace
Clip things (like potato chip bag clips, but they're lips!)
Marshmallow snowman thing

And the pets got all kinds of goodies too. I spent some of my Christmas money on them :) and my neighbors got Lily and Brennan little bones to chew on.

ETA: My friends made me presents... One of them made me a Christmas ornament, and the other one made me these cute little necklace things.

finn's mom
12-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Got some great things, and all things I can't wait to use! The best gift so far is from David, my husband. He got me three sets of ticket pairs to Dallas Summer Musicals! The shows he chose are Memphis, Peter Pan and Mamma Mia!. He's going to Memphis and Peter Pan with me, but I'll take a friend to Mamma Mia!, as that's one he's not interested in. ;) Super cool gift! I have a gift from my parents and another gift from him waiting to be unwrapped tomorrow night, when it'll be just the three of us at home. :)

Some other things I got!

Dutch oven
kitchen slicer (can't wait to julienne some butternut squash!)
collapsible colander
a book on finance (one of the family members got a lot out of reading it, so she gave it to all of us, I love when people do that! no better gift than sharing knowledge that benefited your life!)

Clara made out like a bandit, of course. Her big gift from the family is a Radio Flyer tricycle that will grow with her. Right now, it has a steering handle that an adult uses, and eventually she can pedal herself around. It's really neat. :)

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!

Alysser
12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I got:
-an Iphone 4s (earlier in the month)
-A sweater and cardigan from Old Navy
-A cute shirt from Victoria's Secret
-A jacket
-play-doh :p
-a weird NJ book
-Giftcards to Amazon, Chili's, Barnes and Noble, and Wawa
--Another Sweater and matching scarf set
-"Until Tuesday" - a book about a dog
-Perfume
-Homeward Bound on DVD
-A really cute purse
-A cute dress - I'm usually not keen on dresses but this one is C-U-T-E!
-2 AE shirts
-$20 from my Brother

Also:
-A Job! :D (finally)
-A 10-day cruise, I knew about this one but my parents are paying for it.

I made out very well and will use all of this stuff. :) They were very nice gifts

phesina
12-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I got pneumonia!

sana
12-25-2011, 09:03 PM
I got pneumonia!

Omg! :eek: WHAT? :eek: Gosh! So sorry to hear that... :( :eek: How're you feeling now? :(

sallyandsnowx
12-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Hmmmmm let's see.

From my dad:
- a kindle, which is actually pretty neat!
- clothes from Victoria secret, american eagle & hollister
- hat, gloves, scarf
- new shoes

From my mom:
- Taylor swift's perfume
- uggs
- iPod touch

From my grandparents:
- money
- iTunes gift cards

And my friend got me a bracelet.
:)

I hope every had a wonderful, joyful christmas! :love:

aTailOf2Kitties
12-25-2011, 10:12 PM
iPhone 3g
lots of stuff for my Jeep:cool:
42 inch TV
some clothes
and most importantly.... 2 days of food, family, and fun (so far):love:

mrspunkysmom
12-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I got pneumonia!

Oh My! Do take care of yourself! :love:

phesina
12-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Omg! :eek: WHAT? :eek: Gosh! So sorry to hear that... :( :eek: How're you feeling now? :(

I'm doing much better now, thank you, Sana!

phesina
12-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Oh My! Do take care of yourself! :love:

I am, thanks, Anne!

moosmom
12-26-2011, 10:57 AM
I got:

THE FLU!!!

Two days of misery. I drank ice water and chomped on cold celery. Was terrified if I went to my cousin's house I'd infect everyone, and missed out on a beef tenderloin dinner, so I stayed put. My cats kept me company though.

The GOOD news is, I also got:

A $200 gift card from Land's End: my brother

with that I bought a GPS for my car (for all those freaking animal abuse cases being heard around the state); a new pair of hiking shoes; a combo video/digital camera (for my grandson) and a whole bunch of other little things.

A Black & Deck Dust Buster (my 20 year old DB crapped out about 6 months ago and I've had to sweep the kibble that my cats drop on the carpeting)

$15 Dunkin Donuts gift card: From my BFF

My CATS got a ceramic water fountain (from me) and they LOVE it, although Bad @$$ Buddy does still insists on a "sippy" from the CERAMIC bathroom sink.

Catty1
12-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I got a kitten calendar for my mom. A last minute "from Santa" gift, but it was cute and we oo'd through the pics. :)

As she has felt she is a humanist more than a religious person, I also got her a copy of "The Good Book - A Humanist Bible". (Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Book_%28book%29)

From her I got a new cervical pillow (for the neck) made of memory foam, a slipcover for the pillow, and a set of new sheets and pillowcases. The latter aren't inexpensive and I sure appreciated them!

I also got a pair of trousers, nice turtleneck and cowl sweater to go over it. Lovely!

And Mom and I had dinner at Denny's. It was great - real turkey, and just enough of everything, plus a light dessert. :love:

A friend of mine got me a $25 grocery store card. Wonderful!

I got time with my 78-year-old mom for Christmas. Priceless.:):love::love::love:

CountryWolf07
12-26-2011, 04:04 PM
To myself/from family/Mike/his family, etc:

- Nikon D7000
- BONES Season 6 on DVD
- Battery for my Nikon D700
- iTunes $25 giftcard
- Two Starbucks giftcards
- Two ChocoVine bottles - regular flavored and espresso flavored
- Gloves
- Blanket (handmade and it's covered in paw prints! Very warm too!)
- Dirty Sign Language - Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F Off!" - interesting stuff, I honestly didn't know A LOT of this stuff in sign language.
- $30 from my brother (I will put it towards Starbucks)
- $100 and Ohio State ornament from my grandparents
- Apple wireless keyboard for my Mac
- Time Capsule 2TB Wi-Fi Hard Drive for my Mac

The biggest gift, really? A HOUSE. We get keys on January 25th/26th. Very much excited about it - we're looking forward to it! :)

Taz_Zoee
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM
I got a:
*watch
*3 gift cards to Target
*three book set of I Can Haz a Cheezburger...too cute!!
*CaNdY!!! 2 packages of 1/2 pound Reese's....that's a total of 2 pounds!!
*Pj's, gloves and overnight bags
*Bruce helped me get my new car I got on the 14th

But the one thing that actually made me cry (happy, sentimental tears) was my mom took my baby blanket that a cousin or friend (can't remember) made for me before I was born and replaced the backing on it. The backing was so worn out it was all ripped up. She took new fleece and sewed it on and then pain-stakingly replaced a ton of little yarn knots on every corner of every single square on the blanket. The blanket has 2 inch squares all over it in all different colors. I opened that box and just burst into tears. I never thought she'd do that. She always mentioned doing it, but never had time. That was the BEST gift of all.....besides spending time with family.

beeniesmom
12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I really didn't get a lot. Some chocolate from hubby.
I did give a lot of gifts this year. I'm a little disappointed because some folks didn't even thank me. :(

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2011, 06:48 PM
I got a $50 Walmart gift card from my brother and SIL in Texas. It's more like a credit/debit card so it can be used almost any where.

I got a check for $300 from my parents which I'm using towards payment of my new HP laptop that I bought myself for my b-day/christmas present.

The last two days I've spent a lot of time with parents which is nice because they're getting older and you just never know how much time you'll have with them.:love:

phesina
12-26-2011, 06:49 PM
What a wonderful present from your mother, Cindy! I'm practically in tears just reading about it!

cloverfdx
12-26-2011, 11:41 PM
A pandora charm, spacer charm and chocolates. Oh and a turkey baster....dont ask.

X mas is only for the kids in this family apparently.

phesina
12-26-2011, 11:56 PM
In addition to the pneumonia:

I got a really nice long-sleeve T-shirt from my brother and sister-in-law that has a huge pair of cat eyes on the front and underneath is written "Cat Lady." How so very appropriate is this!

And a lovely scarf from my nephew, who now that he is out of school and working and making money decided he wanted to give presents to people. He's a real sweetie.

caseysmom
12-27-2011, 12:58 AM
A really amazing cuisinart food processor from my daugher, totally shocked it is awesome. This was from my youngest.

My oldest had a grandma poem put on a canvas from my new grandaughters which I just love and had a grandma sweatshirt made that I love, some jammies and I picked out a nice black Tignanello purse for hubby to give me.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2011, 04:38 AM
I've got some wonderful presents!!

From my hubby I got some books, and............. an "irobot_roomba‑564‑pet" , which is a vacuum robot!! I'm so happy with this, because vacuuming is not an issue for my poor back...

From my son I got a GPS and a kitchen thing with knifes:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA7TNUSnYdlcagAhmExO94SRTv4hxJ4 Vrwtsii3gr5rJl4Tf9-Yw

From my daughter I got a jewelry box with separate stacks. I got 5 different layers and 1 top layer with closing lid. I can choose how to stack the layers, and I can also buy more!

pomtzu
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Lots of goodies.........

Kindle Touch
cover/case and screen protectors for Kindle
2 Amazon gift cards
Maxine wall calendar
Wall hanging with a sentimental verse
Microfleece throw
2 pair of gloves and a pair of fuzzy socks
Etched Venetian glass angel Christmas ornament
Christmas cactus
Chocolate covered cherries and raspberry filled chocolate squares
Book Jewelry book mark
Hand and body lotion
A new purse (from me to me!)

But the best gift of all, was having the whole family together - all happy and healthy! :)

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2011, 09:31 AM
What a wonderful present from your mother, Cindy! I'm practically in tears just reading about it!

I know, I felt kinda silly but I just couldn't help the tears. I took a little nap last night with it. It is so heavy and warm. :)

I'm glad you are feeling better. :)

cassiesmom
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Pajamas from Mom and Dad (to be worn when i spend the night at their house ;) )
A candle from my nephew and niece-in-law
A really pretty picture frame from my co-worker (we drew names)
My brother had me in the family grab bag but he forgot to check his e-mail so... no pressie. I was NOT happy.

Taz-Zoee, what a great gift! Beeniesmom, thank you for the reminder about thank you notes. I need to do those tonight. And I'm with the people who wrote about time with family because I did get a whole day of that and we got along pretty well!

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Pajamas from Mom and Dad (to be worn when i spend the night at their house ;) )
A candle from my nephew and niece-in-law
A really pretty picture frame from my co-worker (we drew names)
My brother had me in the family grab bag but he forgot to check his e-mail so... no pressie. I was NOT happy.

Taz-Zoee, what a great gift! Beeniesmom, thank you for the reminder about thank you notes. I need to do those tonight. And I'm with the people who wrote about time with family because I did get a whole day of that and we got along pretty well!

I think your brother owes you a gift. Better late than never!! ;)
We had the opposite happen in Bruce's family. His brother already bought gifts for everyone then got the email showing we drew names.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
My boyfriend and I didn't really exchange gifts because money was tight. But I got from family:

A Kindle
$20 to a local restaurant
$20 to Olive Garden
new mittens! :)
body lotion, spritz, body wash, etc.
a pizza oven! :)
slippers
a new shirt

I forgot what my boyfriend DID get me...

RINGWORM.

Ugh, I thought he got rid of it. (We both work at a pet store and some of the cats that we received had ringworm. :( ) His has been gone for couple weeks, but we must have missed washing something. :( BOO!

Merry Christmas everyone!

RICHARD
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
My Christmas came on April 17th of this year.

Suki Wingy
12-30-2011, 08:32 PM
My biggest gift was $200 towards my plane ticket for Gallifrey One, the Doctor Who convention in LA in February.
I also got nail varnish, a hat, two scarves, a book of Harry Potter themed bumper stickers, and a donation made to WWF.
For our family gift exchange this year the rules were hand made or second hand, so I got an outfit from a consignment shop including a sort of rust colored Woolrich vest, jean shirt, brown knit hat, and brown paisley bandanna.

I am getting myself Niņo's paw print tattooed on my arm, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting a good clean print for it.