PDA

View Full Version : Fosters and furkids

Lilith Cherry
12-23-2011, 08:26 PM
:) As some of you know, since we came home from China with have been helping out with dog adoptions for a local rescue group, so far we have found homes for six dogs and presently have three more along with our own two dogs and the VIC (very important cat:D) Yes Freedom, I always wondered what it would be like to five dogs at once-- fun to say the least!! My pussy cat loves to tag along too ( when we go over the fields and not near any roads - otherwise he stays home.)

The ones we have over Christmas are, Ollie (a shih tzu/ jack russell) Brenna ( a welsh terrier) and Pompom ( a shih tzu) They certainly make life interesting and keep my mop busy:p Puppy mill dogs like Brenna are not toilet trained when they arrive an d getting them clean is a labour of love but well worth it.

Wishing you all a Merry Barky Christmas!

cassiesmom
12-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Lilith Cherry, I am giving you a huge standing ovation! Bless you for taking in rescue dogs, and helping them find homes! :love: Merry Christmas!

Freedom
12-23-2011, 10:16 PM
You don't do things by halves, do you?! Oh my and a mill rescue now, as well? It took me 18 MONTHS to get Tasha (my mill rescue) potty trained!

Ah yes, life with five really is fun, isn't it? I hate stopping to do chores, groceries, etc. I mean, there is always SOMEONE ready for a snuggle or a walk! LOL

Enjoy. You are doing a wonderful work, helping these pups. :love: Kudos to you for being able to place your fosters; as you well know, I never was able to make it that far.

krazyaboutkatz
12-24-2011, 12:29 AM
They're all adorable.:) I'm glad that you're able to do this and I hope that they'll all find wonderful,caring, loving forever homes.:love:

chocolatepuppy
12-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Wow, they must keep you busy! Will make for a fun Christmas! Good for you for fostering!:D

Scooter's Mom
12-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, you've certainly got your hands full. Bless you for taking these pups in. They're all cute, but PomPom stole my heart. I guess I have a soft spot for Shih Tzu's.

Merry Christmas to you & your little ones.