PDA

View Full Version : Cute tricks!

slleipnir
12-14-2001, 02:54 PM
Have you ever dropped something on the floor like a pencil or whatever? or wanted to give someone something (paper, letter whatever) but your just not in the mood to get up, you just wanna stay snuggled into your spot?? Well i know i am like 99% of the time! lol! this is were josie comes in. If i drop something on the floor, and say josie pick it up (if its something she can get off the floor with her mouth) shes run over pick it up and walk out of the room with it thinking its hers, but i call her and she comes and gives it to me. its sooo cute!! Or like today when my dad wanted this letter i was looking at, and we were both to lazy to get up, i called Jo asked her to hold it, and my dad called her and she gave it to him. Still needs a LITTLE work but hey! it works!

The best part is, i didn't even train her to do it really. She loves doing stuff like that, its natural to her or something, i just have to show her that i want her to give it to me and its not something for her to run off with, it took almost no time to teach her this! shes a very intelligent dog, and a nice little thing to teach your dog for those lazy days. No body has any of those though :o ;)

RachelJ
12-14-2001, 07:55 PM
I don't get a chance to brag about Hannah very much because she is not known as Miss Cooperative, but there is one thing that she does which I think is quite bright. She has a tendency to take certain things of mine and run off with them, depositing them who knows where...namely my slippers and my gloves. I will generally run up on one slipper for example in the living room. I will show it to her and tell her to "go find the other one" and off she will go. She will chase around the house and pretty soon she will come back with the mate to my slipper. She will do thing if I find one of my gloves and tell her to go find the other one.

slleipnir
12-14-2001, 08:15 PM
Aww! thats so cute! I wish jo would do that but shes would be like what? u want me to chew it? lol!

KYS
12-14-2001, 08:20 PM
It's not a cute trick, but it comes
in mighty handy.
I have not used my alarm clock
in over 2 years.
Rocky is my alarm clock.
Like clock work at 6:30 a.m. he will
jump 1/2 way on the bed. Feet touching
the ground, paws somewhere touching
my body, hot doggie breath panting in my face, while Sheba snores away.

slleipnir
12-14-2001, 08:34 PM
i think it's cute...

evelyn1157
12-14-2001, 08:57 PM
if i ever drop something on the floor zoey will run off with it.
kys: does rocky wake u up early on weekends too?
zoey doesn't know any cute tricks but she knows how to bark when i say' say woof woof'

slleipnir
12-14-2001, 09:16 PM
your dog is so cute too!! my aunt as dogs like that..there adorable!!

KYS
12-14-2001, 10:53 PM
evelyn1157, he can't tell weekends from a weekday. hehehe
On weekends, I just ignore him
and he will go lay down for
awhile before trying to wake me up again.
I usually only sleep in an extra hour on weekends anyway. :)

jackiesdaisy1935
12-15-2001, 09:00 AM
Well I don't know if this is cute or not sometimes a little aggrevating. Daisy loves to play ball, play catch, so when I go outside with her I will throw the ball down the patio and she will run like the wind to go get it, BUT, she wants to play but will only bring the ball back half way and expects me to walk down and get it for her, the only way she will bring it back is if I say, O.K. Daisy I'm not playing anymore and turn my back, then she will bring it to me.
I sure hope Carrie doesn't read this one LOL
Jackie

slleipnir
12-15-2001, 11:01 AM
Jackie, Josie does that too only she thinks i'm playing and doesn't give it back, she wants me to chase her, if i tell her in a ferm enough voice and don't move then she knows i'm not playing right now and just want to throw the ball
BTW- your dogs are adorable ;]

slleipnir
12-15-2001, 11:07 AM
This is soo cute! not really a trick, but just cute. When I had Jo in obedience the 1st time, she was like 6-7 wks old (the 1st pic below) The instructor took jo to demenstrate how to get your dog to lay down, so jo was down, and the instructor tunered her back talking to the class. and Jo started to crawl back to me ( she was still lying down, just crawling) it was so cute!

Sashadog5
01-10-2002, 06:31 PM
I tought my dog to beg. He is so cute when he does it! The bad thing is hes in a habit of doing it whenever he wants something. :D Im not sure if that's cute enough, but since no one else had posted a reply for it...

Roxie's Mom
01-13-2002, 11:56 AM
Roxie is well trained when it comes to tricks! We have taught her to dance in a circle, give five with one paw, and give ten with both paws. She also knows quite a few of her toys by "key" names. For instance we bought her a rubber chicken, and when we say "bauk, bauk" she immediately goes and gets the chicken. Also, she knows how to "give kisses", and when we tell her teeth she gives us a BIG smile!!! :D It's the cutest & funniest thing you ever saw. We're so proud of her, and we love her very much!

Rottie
01-16-2002, 09:33 AM
I taught Carl to retrieve too! It's wonderful, especially when you don't feel like getting up. :D :)

LoudLou
01-16-2002, 12:58 PM
Louie has one trick, one trick only and that's posing for the camera. He "watches Mama" really well. Someday soon I'll get the time to post his pictures. I told him if Wegman could sell pix maybe he should too. Somebodies gotta help pay for those treats!!!!:D

doggielover02
01-27-2002, 03:10 PM
AAAWWW that has to be so cute to see a dog do things for you . . . if i got my gurlygurl to do that she would take it then ripe it up and then look at you like noting had happend :p :)
well g2g talk to ya later