PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch hit by 5.8 earthquake..

carole
12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
This is devastating news here ,as you know they had a massive earthquake a while back and things were just getting back to normal,this is terrible news,and quite a big earthquake ,right before xmas,please pray for the people of Christchurch NZ.

I am very frightened for the people down there, i don't know how much more they can take,keep them in your thoughts please, thank you.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6184519/Large-earthquake-hits-Christchurch

Freedom
12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Carole.

Those people are troupers, they will survive this. At the same time, it must be awful this close to Christmas, this close to the last one . . . . :(

Lilith Cherry
12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I will put them in my prayers Carole.

Felicia's Mom
12-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Sending prayers for the people of Christchurch!

Karen
12-22-2011, 09:40 PM
They will be in our prayers!

Catty1
12-22-2011, 11:10 PM
I heard this on the news tonight and couldn't believe it - oh, no those poor people, not AGAIN! :(

There was one injury reported, but no real physical damage. Still, the ongoing damage to the psyches and the nerves of the good people of Christchurch...:(

Prayers that this is the last one for a very, very long time.:love:

carole
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Yes it must be just awful for them, two more have hit, the second one was even bigger 6.0,the damage is pretty bad again, but nothing like last time yet, i really fear for these people, please pray hard, thanks.

phesina
12-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Oh, how awful, I am so sorry. Sending many prayers and good wishes for the people of Christchurch.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

carole
12-23-2011, 01:56 AM
If any of you want to post on facebook your prayers for them, that would be awesome as apparently everyone is keeping in contact that way,thank you.

davidpizzica
12-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh sis. All Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers are going out to the people of Christchurch after this devastating earthquake. The timing couldn't have been more terrible, but I believe God is looking down and giving them hope this Christmas season.

chocolatepuppy
12-23-2011, 08:19 AM
How awful.:( Many prayers for the people of Christchurch.

kuhio98
12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Carole ~ I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that their Christmas will be quieter.

Here's a link to a map of earthquakes in New Zealand in the past week:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/S_Pacific.php

We just had a 3.9 this morning. It was strong enough to feel, but just barely. Nothing like what NZ has been experiencing. I just hope it's not the calm before the storm.

Here's a link to a map of earthquakes in Alaska in the past week: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/special/Alaska.php

carole
12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Lisa i think any earthquake is scarey, i had no idea Alaska was prone, please stay safe, yes this is very bad news here,it is not looking good, and with everyone being out doing their xmas shopping, lucky more people were not hurt, last time so many died, i just feel really scared for them all, prayers and thoughts are much appreciated right now.

Randi
12-23-2011, 01:39 PM
How scary it must be. :( My thoughts and good wishes to everyone there.

phesina
12-23-2011, 04:40 PM
This was just covered on the local TV newscast. All these repeating quakes. I am so sorry for you all.

Praying for everyone there, may these quakes soon be done with.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: