PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #461 Hooray!

gini
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
All of that yelling is coming from Thursdays #460 where there is a party to end all parties for Slick. We are celebrating her upcoming retirement
and it won't be a day too soon.

Congratulations - only happiness is ahead for her!!

Give them all a minute or two and they will wander down to this Thursday I am sure.

Karen
12-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey, thanks for getting this week underway! It's always easier to endure something when the end is in sight!

I've got carols playing, and will commence baking ... cookies, anyone?

lvpets2002
12-22-2011, 03:11 PM
:) I am counting down the minutes until I am on Vacation until Jan 3, 2012.. Always loves saying see ya next year..

How about a LIT please for me & the Orc..

pomtzu
12-22-2011, 03:25 PM
What??? - no pie around here?? I sure could go for a big slice of the apple variety with a cup of coffee.

I'm already sick of cookies. I bought a big tub of shortbread cookies, and this morning baked a batch of peanut butter, and also sugar cookies. The first batch of the peanut butter out of the oven landed on the floor when the sheet slipped out of my hand, and only half survived the fall. :( Tomorrow I'm being forced to bake choco chip ones, since son says it isn't Christmas without them. What mothers don't do for their kids - and grandkids too! ;)

And congrats to Slick - retirement is the best job anywhere.

lvpets2002
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
:) Oh some Minced Meat & Rhubarb Pie for Me & the Orc..

momoffuzzyfaces
12-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I never get enough cookies!!!

Happy Dance for Slick going on here. Being disabled turned out to be one of the best things to happen to me. I can handle the plysical pain lots better than the emotional pain I went through at work. :eek:

I'd love a cherry rootbeer to toast slick's retirement please. :love:

slick
12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
**stumbles into the bar**
**places heavy box on the bar**

Thanks everyone. I'll feel better when I sign on the dotted line but meanwhile, I've whipped up a triple batch of Baileys for everyone to enjoy. There are 9 bottles in this box. Don't drink it all at once. :eek:

It's really cold up here in KA-NA-DA. I'm going to put another log on the fire and drum up some Spanish Coffee.

Cheers! :love::love::love:

davidpizzica
12-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I never get enough cookies!!!

Happy Dance for Slick going on here. Being disabled turned out to be one of the best things to happen to me. I can handle the plysical pain lots better than the emotional pain I went through at work. :eek:

I'd love a cherry rootbeer to toast slick's retirement please. :love:

MOFF, I totally agree. It's great to be retired and in an assisted living facility than go through the physical and mental stress of being on the job.

slick
12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Wow, is it ever quiet in here. Guess everyone is out doing last minute shopping. I just got back. Now to figure out how to cook my 13 1/2 lb ham.

I'll just help myself to a spanish coffee. It's cold, rainy and dreary outside.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! :love::love::love:

Karen
12-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll be baking cookies later, but will have some hot chocolate now, please - or wait! I'll make a good pot of chai, nice and fragrant and strong, to share with anyone who wants some.

Slick, what's the difference between Spanish Coffee and Irish coffee?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh, My! Orc is dressed as Santa!!! Now that's a sight to see!!!:D

Pinot's Mom
12-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I'll be baking cookies later, but will have some hot chocolate now, please - or wait! I'll make a good pot of chai, nice and fragrant and strong, to share with anyone who wants some.

Slick, what's the difference between Spanish Coffee and Irish coffee?

Karen, different booze - I think Spanish has Tia Maria, Irish is Irish Whiskey.

A quick chai, please, before Christmas Eve service - Merry Christmas, everyone! :D

gini
12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
A cup of hot tea sounds good right now - don't laugh, but it has been chilly on this left coast.

Merry Christmas everyone - may your hearts be filled with peace and love and happiness and fun.:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Gini, Orc is dressed as Santa and he wants you to sit on his lap. :D

Queen of Poop
12-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Congrats Slick!!!

Hi all! Merry Christmas!!

Visiting my mom. Way more snow and cooler temps here in Sundre as compared to home in Calgary. Lots of deer came to visit today. At one point there were 5 of the lovelies in mom's garden.

:love:

slick
12-24-2011, 10:39 PM
OK, 8:30pm and Mom is in bed. That second martini just did her in. :eek::love:
Tomorrow morning it's Canadian bacon and eggs, hash browns and toast along with 151% rum on the coffee. We've started Christmas Day on that note ever since I was a yungun'.....

Orc, you silly boy. What?? You expect me to crawl on your lap?? Not on your life. :D:eek::eek:

Yes Karen, it's the type of booze in the drink. To me, I can't taste the difference.

gini
12-25-2011, 01:08 AM
MOFF, you are stirring up trouble - now why would you do that?:D:D

Go have a catnip tea and settle down:D:D