PDA

View Full Version : Camp Bow Wow

Alysser
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
A Camp Bow Wow opened up relatively close to me, about 30 minutes from my house. For those who don't know what it is, it is a doggy day care/dog kennel, and it has a GREAT reputation. I was extremely excited when I saw the ad in the paper for it's grand opening and immediately e-mailed them asking if they were hiring. The owner e-mailed me back and said to come in and fill out and application. I went today to hand it in, application done already, and to my surprise we had a basic interview. I was expecting them to tell me "well, we'll take a look and call you". Well, he took me on a tour and badgered me with questions but I didn't mind of course, he was very friendly and everything. But anyway, the place was awesome and there are alot of dogs - PERFECT. :D They seem to be flexible with scheduling and since I have my classes for next semester already, we scoped it out a bit.

He said he had to call my references and talk to his wife (the other owner) and he would give me a call. :) I really hope this is the place I've been looking for! I REALLY don't want to go back to six flags this summer.

So, basically, I ALMOST have a job! He seemed impressed with my credentials and all too, so I'm REALLY HOPING this works out! I'll update you if I get it:)

Karen
12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh, good luck, I have heard of them, and even did brochures for them years ago!

Freedom
12-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Good luck, all paws crossed for you!

I heard of them recently at the New England Pet Expo in Waltham, Mass; but I didn't realize it is a chain until now. Great!

Sowa
12-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Good luck! Hope you get it!

Alysser
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys! I have a second interview tomorrow with the second owner! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
12-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Yay how exciting!!! Alyssa this place sounds so PERFECT for you! Fingers crossed for you!!:)

dab_20
12-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Good Luck, Alyssa! Sounds like an awesome place to work. I hope you get it!

Alysser
12-23-2011, 04:08 PM
I got the job!! :D My first day is Wednesday, I have to work through a trial period first, which I am a little nervous about but I think I can handle it. I know how to break up dog fights and I've done it twice before, but that's what I'm most nervous about.

I work Monday and Wednesday mornings from 6:30-11AM, so far. Not too bad, because I also need to go to classes in the afternoon.

Sowa
12-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Congrats on the new job :)

robinh
12-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Congratulations!

Karen
12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Congratulations, and don't worry, I am sure you will do fine!

sasvermont
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
About the dog fights.... I would ask them what their procedure is for breaking up fights... so that you are all on the same page with a response to the situation. If he/she says whatever you want to do, then I would spell it out so that if they have a problem with what you are thinking, you will know up front. My guess is that they have a certain way to do it.

My dog goes to day care and I have no idea what they do with dogs that fight. My guess is that they keep a bad dog in an area by itself and away from the dog(s) that may be pissing off the bad dog. I know they have a puppy pen, and it could double as a time out pen.

Good luck with your job. Just keep asking questions to make sure you are all keeping a line of communication open and you are moving in the right direction. I wouldn't ask silly questions, just major ones. Statements are good too. i.e. I have put the big black dog in a different area, to make sure he is introduced slowly. Is that something that you agree with or should I handle it differently. Things like that.

The better the communication the better the job.

Again, good luck. I am sure you will be fine. Take that confidence and run with it. There is nothing like a great employee you can trust and enjoy being around.

krazyaboutkatz
12-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Congrats!!!:) I'm sure you'll do well there.:)

sana
12-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Congratulations!!! I hope you have a wonderful time there! :D CONGRATS!! This must be sooo exciting for you! :D Good Luck with your first day! I hope it goes great! :);)

Scooter's Mom
12-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Congratulations! I'm sure you will do wonderful at this new position.
Will they let you bring in Mikey? :)

Alysser
12-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys! Sorry it took me a little long to reply to this!

Crystal, I hope so! I haven't talked it out with them yet, but maybe. This will have to be in the summer only because I have class right after work Mondays and Wednesdays. My Dad jokingly said that if I brought Mikey to work they'd fire me! He is quite the little terror when he wants to be but he'd have a blast!