PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what they do when we're not home....

Taz_Zoee
12-20-2011, 04:52 PM
No really. I seriously wonder how Jax and Paizly get along when we are not there. Because recently Jax is bugging Paizly so bad that she is screaming like he's killing her.
The other night we just got home and they were going at it in the bedroom. Bruce walked back there and just stood watching them run from one side of the room to the other. I walked in and Paizly ran past me and Jax tried to run through my legs. Somehow I managed to snatch him up and actually had to scruff him to get him to calm down.
This isn't a daily occurence, thank goodness. And usually it doesn't last this long. I wish I had a camera so I could see how they get along when we are gone. Because I do not interfere unless it doesn't stop like this last time.

What do you think they do when we are gone?

katladyd
12-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Mac and Ming most generally get along, but Mac tolerates Kimba much more than Ming does. Kimba and Ming are sworn enemies...I think. The other day my son and I were out all day and came home to find all three of the little buggers laying near each other on my bed!:confused: They then had to act like we never saw that! I think a lot of the growls and hisses are for the hooman's benefit.:rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
12-20-2011, 11:16 PM
I know! Almost every morning Paizly is laying on me and Jax is right next to me. And I've found them both on the bed before too. Sometimes I just wish Paizly would put Jax in his place and maybe he'd leave her alone.
Silly cats!

slick
12-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Merlin does what he does best. Sleeping on the back of the couch dreaming of his love Sparkler.:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-21-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm sure that when you aren't there, they sleep most of the day and they may even play well together too.:)

I know that when I'm home, my cats will sleep much less than when I'm gone. Both of my girls still growl and hiss at Alani and Blaze.:( The two redheads don't even need to be very close either. If they just look at Ziggy, she'll growl and hiss. She's become a real sour puss lately and only seems to love me. Pearl will also scream like she's being killed if Alani and Blaze try to play with her. Like I said before, females seem to be drama queens. They're so much more vocal than the males at least in my household. Both Storm and Sky tolerate Alani and Blaze very well and Blaze is constantly trying to play with Storm's tail.

mrspunkysmom
12-21-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm sure that when you aren't there, they sleep most of the day and they may even play well together too.:)

I agree. I came home after a few day vacation YEARS AGO and found the two females huddled on the couch. One of them couldn't stand the other cat. :rolleyes:

I think that they are vying for your attention and are possibly jealous of each other. And they are smart enough to think they can get one over on us.

I still prefer them to human children.

happylabs
12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
I agree. I came home after a few day vacation YEARS AGO and found the two females huddled on the couch. One of them couldn't stand the other cat. :rolleyes:I think that they are vying for your attention and are possibly jealous of each other. And they are smart enough to think they can get one over on us.

LOL...this made me laugh. Too funny. The two of mine that hate each other would NEVER be huddled together on the couch. I would pay to see that. :D

Buddy and Mama were at it yesterday morning. Mama is the one that does the screaming/shreaking. They were down in the basement and came running up, Bud chasing Mom. :mad: Buddy got a time-out in the bathroom.

cassiesmom
12-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Merlin does what he does best. Sleeping on the back of the couch dreaming of his love Sparkler.:love::love::love:

Cassie naps in the living room in the morning. Sometime during the day she moves to the bedroom and takes her second nap of the day either in the closet (warm from the dryer because the laundry room is on the other side of the wall), under or on the bed. I know this because that's usually where I find her when I get home from work. Some afternoons (if it's a sunny day) she naps in the living room on the pink cushion from Auntie Helene :love: though.

sasvermont
12-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I, too, think that the pets get along nicely until a human arrives home. Even though I spend most of my time at home (retired) the pets still struggle for the spot closest to MOM. I suspect they try to kill each other when I am home, so that they can be the one and only pet. Dog included.

Of course there are those that don't like each other, ever, but mine all groom each other on occasion, and sniff butts..... but it is a different game when I am home. When I have company, they all try to get there first, to be petted and paid attention to..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Love bugs are nice, aren't they?:love::love::love:

catmandu
12-21-2011, 09:23 AM
I have the feeling that My Found Ctas eat as thier dishes always seem empty when I come home!!!:confused:
Or sleep on thier many Cat Beds , and be as happy as they can be!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Taz_Zoee
12-21-2011, 09:34 AM

I know that when I'm home, my cats will sleep much less than when I'm gone. Both of my girls still growl and hiss at Alani and Blaze.:( The two redheads don't even need to be very close either. If they just look at Ziggy, she'll growl and hiss. She's become a real sour puss lately and only seems to love me. Pearl will also scream like she's being killed if Alani and Blaze try to play with her. Like I said before, females seem to be drama queens. They're so much more vocal than the males at least in my household. Both Storm and Sky tolerate Alani and Blaze very well and Blaze is constantly trying to play with Storm's tail.

So glad I am not the only one with this issue. :)

I agree. I came home after a few day vacation YEARS AGO and found the two females huddled on the couch. One of them couldn't stand the other cat. :rolleyes:

I think that they are vying for your attention and are possibly jealous of each other. And they are smart enough to think they can get one over on us.

Me too! They are my children. :D

I have the feeling that My Found Ctas eat as thier dishes always seem empty when I come home!!!:confused:
Or sleep on thier many Cat Beds , and be as happy as they can be!!!:cool:

LOL, that is hilarious!!! :D :D

Yes, you are probably right. They probably do not do this when we aren't home. We've never come home to find piles of fur around or injured kitties. So I'm sure all is fine while we are away. :) I'd still love to see if they actually do cuddle. That would be AMAZING!!! The closest I've seen them is about 6-12 inches.

katladyd
12-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I remember the first time I went away for the entire day after we had gotten Kimba. I expected to come home and find fur EVERYWHERE! Nope. Two of them were on the couch and the other was close to them on the cat tree. No signs of a fight anywhere, until they knew we were home and then the growling and hissing began. KKK, boys can also growl and hiss at the mere sight of another cat from across the room. Cats, go figure.:rolleyes:

Freedom
12-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Mandy is my "problem child" - she can't stand Tommy. Of course, the moment she spots him, she starts that siren shriek, and HE responds by running to her. She won't retreat, even though he is three times her size and weight. As both are black, piles of black fur are left behind. Mandy ends up out of her bedroom, and in my bathroom sink.

In 3 years, I've only found her there once when I've been out. But if I'm home and they will start, she ends up in the sink if I don't step in. I sometimes go running with the water squirt bottle, and chase Tommy back out of her room. It seems to be happening less and less often, thank goodness. She just never socialized to cats or humans.

I know for a fact Crystal eats when I am out. :D

pomtzu
12-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I wonder if when they are littermates, that they get along better and without battles? I have NEVER seen my son's twin girls fight, and no evidence of it when no one is at home either, and they are about 8 years old. Pepper only hisses and growls at people - she hates everyone except for my DIL - and she will tolerate me only at feeding time. :rolleyes:

When I had my 3 Meezers (not related), they always got along together and never had battles either.