PDA

View Full Version : The Red Cross: Not just for helping people anymore

Lady's Human
12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
They're evidently in the process of helping big brother, in a rather insidious and laughable manner:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/21827/red_cross_says_that_six_hundred_million_gamers_cou ld_be_war_criminals/index.html

TO sum it up, I was evidently in violation of the Hague and the Geneva conventions when I was gunning down civilians while playing Black Hawk Down. :rolleyes:

Guys, don't you have better things to do?

Lady's Human
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Mea culpa, part truth with a large grain of overreaction:

http://news.yahoo.com/red-cross-gamers-safe-war-crimes-prosecution-151052309.html

Regardless, when they're "interested in working with video game developers".......

Shouldn't they be spending more of their time on issues in reality rather than even being worried about games?

Karen
12-20-2011, 05:35 PM
They should be, with all the folks in need in this actual world ...

pomtzu
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Oh for Heaven's sake. It would appear that a lot of folks have way too much time on their hands. I wonder if any of them know the definition of G A M E??? If this is what Red Cross funds are used for, then shame on them!!! :mad:

orangemm
12-28-2011, 06:55 AM
My dad was in WWII and swore that he would never give them a penny. This after the RC showed up with coffee and doughnuts for servicemen, then had the nerve to CHARGE them for these items.:confused::eek:

Edwina's Secretary
12-28-2011, 03:15 PM
My dad also has a WWII adversion to the RC. WHen his sister died the RC would not help locate his two brothers who were overseas because they were not officers. The Salvation Army did it. So his contributions always went to the Salvation Army instead!

Bonny
12-29-2011, 07:28 AM
The same thing happened to my dad during WWII when his father passed away. He never made it home for the funeral because of the red cross.

RICHARD
12-29-2011, 05:11 PM
After the 94 EQ in So Cal the RC was in town to assist the people that were really screwed by the event.

My mom took my sis to one of the aid areas/stations set up to give the displaced people some temp help.

My mom took a seat and one of the volunteers went to her and gave her a cup of coffee and a sandwich, much to her consternation. My mom told the worker that there were other people that needed the help more than she did.

The RC is a giant 'conglomerate' and there is BS and tom effery afoot.

-------------------

I can see how people would and could have an aversion to the RC for things that have happened in the past.

But, I happen to think that an organization that hustles to get help and aid to the people IN AMERICA that need it, cannot be all that bad.

When I lived in CA and an EQ rolled thru the area, the RC was always there to help out in some way.

Yeah, the corporate parts of a company do not always know what goes on 'in the streets'.....Look at the current regime and tell me that the politicos know or even care about what happens outside of washington?