PDA

View Full Version : A Bear of a problem in NJ

Alysser
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=301076&position=1&news_type=news

My question is how the heck did this bear get in the basement? :p The bear is doing fine, and will be taken to a much more suitable location tomorrow.

happylabs
12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Silly bear. They probably had a Man Cave sign in the basement and he got confused.

mrspunkysmom
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
I can't read the article. Must be a subscriber.

chocolatepuppy
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow, I'll be careful when I go in my basement!:D

Karen
12-15-2011, 07:00 AM
I can't read the article. Must be a subscriber.

Hmm, it let me see it, no problem!

Here's the text:

Bear discovered in basement 'man cave'
(12/14/11) HOPATCONG - A cable installer says he discovered a bear in the basement of a home in Hopatcong today.

Dave Cornine, a Cablevision Service Technician, told News 12 New Jersey that while he was repairing the cable service he heard a growl, turned around and saw the animal.

Cornine says he flashed his light, threw his tools and ran out of the room.

News 12 New Jersey was on the scene while authorities tracked the bear. Wildlife officials used tranquilizing darts to knock the bear out, which took some time because the bear weighs more than 500 pounds.

The bear, estimated to be three or four years old, wandered the neighborhood until he finally passed out. It took eight people to haul the slumbering bear so he could be released in the wilderness.

Even in area where bear sightings are common, neighbors were surprised to learn that the bruin was making himself right at home on their street.

Bonny
12-15-2011, 07:32 AM
http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=301076&position=1&news_type=news

My question is how the heck did this bear get in the basement? :p The bear is doing fine, and will be taken to a much more suitable location tomorrow.

Did the bear maybe break into the basement to find a place to hibernate? :eek:

redbird
12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Yep I was surprised to see this too on the NJ news station. I'm just glad no one was hurt including the bear. The cable guy must really be happy he didn't get attacked :eek: