PDA

View Full Version : We miss you Phred

gini
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
We lost a beloved Pet Talker almost one year ago on the 15th of December. He contributed so much to this forum. I don't think we could remember all that he did for all of us.

Stop, give a thought or say a prayer for our beloved Phred (John Morris) and share with him that this 'ol dirt ball just isn't quite the same without him.

He is dearly missed and was well loved.

Karen
12-14-2011, 02:02 PM
We miss him a lot, but are sure he's having a grand time up there with a working ticker and everything!

Freedom
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I thought of him every time I logged on here all year long. There is always at least one post that makes you stop and think, "what did Phred say to this? Oh yeah, he's gone," or "Phred would have loved that!"

Pinot's Mom
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Phred, you are missed so much; hope it's a grand party!:love:

davidpizzica
12-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh Phred, I'm sure you're having a grand time up there, but we here on this ole dirtball really miss you and your input here on PT.

slick
12-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Every time there is a special holiday like Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas I would always find an e-card in my inbox from Phred. I'm so thankful that I made the effort to get to Findlay and meet him.

Phred, I imagine you filling your days with looking after the furbabies up there and I can only imagine the Christmas tree and all the lights.

Merry Christmas Phred. I will toast you on the 15th and at Christmas and New Years and Fathers Day and Easter and.... :)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Phred is most definitely missed. He was such a special part of our Pet Talk family here, such a good man and loved by so many. We love and miss you, Phred!:love:

Laura's Babies
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I have thought of him many time over this last year.. You can't come to Pet Talk without remembering him for something he said or did. He was one of a kind! One in a million. He will always be missed.

Taz_Zoee
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I also think of him often. But more so this week.

We definitely miss you Phred!!

anna_66
12-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Gini thanks for bringing this up.

I can't believe it's already been a year, seems like just yesterday he was giving me one of his big ol' hugs at Findlay.
He never met a dog he didn't like or that didn't like him.He always had plenty of treats to share with everyone.

If you needed anything, he was there and more than willing to help.

Your always missed Phred. I hope you and all the furkids are having a blast:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Phred will always be missed especially here on PT. I too think about him often. I hope he's having a great time up at the Bridge with all of the furkids.

Lillycat
12-15-2011, 02:30 AM
.......i think of him many times when on Pet Talk.....

Bibette & Lulu
12-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Thank you, Gini, for starting this thread. I got up this morning with the intention of starting one in memory of Phred, my brother - and was reminded of his connection with so many through PT. You all were his second family - more like his primary in the last few years of his life!!! And for that, I truly thank you.

Phred had a soft spot for the lost fur kids from his youth - being there when our Lady dog was brought into the local police (he was known to hang out with the firemen who shared the building in those days - which laid the stage for his lifetime as a fire fighter) and came home to report the little stray that looked just like one we had briefly brought in from the cold (Lady I, who died of probably distemper). Long story short, Mom and I went to check out this little girl and brought her home!!!

My heart has been empty this year, missing my big brother who was always there to look out for me. I'm glad many of you were able to know him and experience his love and generosity. I know that the party over the Bridge is big one this year - Christmas was always Phred's favorite.

Thank you all for cherishing his memory and honoring his life.

Bibette & Lulu (aka Nancy)

Barbara
12-15-2011, 06:25 AM
I miss Phred too. He is happy I am sure wherever he is and he will be in our hearts furrever.

Scooter's Mom
12-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Phred is indeed greatly missed here. I know he is with all the PT angel pets watching over those still around.

Randi
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks for posting this, Gini.

I too miss Phred here and think of him often, he was the pillar of PT, and one of the reasons I joined. He was so helpful, always there with excellent advice - and what fun we had over the years. :) On Valentine's Day, for Easter and Christmas, he always sent me an e- card.

Phred, you are very much missed by your friends here, but I'm sure you have met all of the PT cats and dogs who have gone to the RB, and I just know they are all getting extra treats from you! I like to think that you and John are sitting there together, having a beer and a good chat. ;)

A toast to you, dear Phred! :love:

wolf_Q
12-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I can't afford to join a big list so the past few years I've just done my own Christmas card list...and I went to use my one from last year and saw Phred's name and address....then the hospital address. :( It's hard to believe it's been a year. I always got the e-cards from him too. You can't really go on pet talk without thinking of him, what he would have to say. He is loved and missed dearly. :love:

Karen
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM
In the apartment we are right now, the bouquet of silk flowers he sent us is centered on the mantle above the fireplace, so it's one of the first things you see when you walk in. He sent the flowers when Miss Hoppy died, but I think of him as much as her when I see them. Stoney the cement rabbit is inside the apartment, waiting for a garden spot when we get the next house.

cassiesmom
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Dear Phred,

You have been gone a year already. I miss you every time I log on to PT. I think of you every time I see a fire truck :love: And the fire station is just down the street from my house, so I see them a lot!

I've borrowed your Prayer Pups post a few times. It doesn't feel quite the same coming from me, but there is nothing like it.

I know you are watching over our RB dogs, cats and pets and sadly, there have been some additions to your group this year. Please give them all some hugs and lovies for me.

Love,
Elyse

lbaker
12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
We have a new little orange, stray kitten we have taken in. I named him PHRED. He makes me smile and feel good every time I see him or say his name. Just like his inspiration....

Laurie

carole
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
He is so sadly missed by us all, i remember his lovely threads, they enlightened me, made me laugh and most of all they had that special touch to them that only phred could do, rest in peace dear phred, you are forever in our hearts and fondest memories.

4 Dog Mother
12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I miss Phred alot too! He was always there when you needed him. Who knew that first day he showed up at the dog park so many years ago that he would become our "leader", our friend, our confidant and so much more. The dog park meetings will never be the same without him!

The prayer pups are doing well. They miss their dad but as I said before I truly believe that Phred came to them and said to come along with us. They are such great pups. They are a real tribute to the kind of man Phred was. Kind, loving, and compassionate.

We will miss you and think of you always, Phred!

Cataholic
12-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Phred was so 'behind the scenes' is much of what he did. A ear to listen, a call to action, sage advice. I miss him.

Edwina's Secretary
12-15-2011, 09:07 PM
There are some phone numbers I cannot erase from my cell phone, some email addresses I cannot erase as well.

Phred is among those.

Somehow it keeps him close for me.

Alysser
12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
It's crazy to think it's been so long. I will never forget what he did for Bowser. Rest easy, Phred. :love:

Bengalz
12-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Phred truly was and definitely is a bright star in the sky - every time I see one I think of Phred:love: and miss his wonderful stories and his selfless urge to help anyone, no matter what the problem was.

You are loved and missed by so many around the globe, Dear Phred. Take a moment to pop by and have a read - and don't worry, a little tear in the eyeball is a good thing:love::love:

Killearn Kitties
12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Merry Christmas, Phred, wherever you are. You truly were one of a kind.

DriftyAlison0
01-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I miss Phred too. It feels like yesterday we lost him :(

ramanth
01-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Saw Klam Juice on the top shelf in the grocery store and instantly thought of Phred. Miss you friend!