PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a Pet Talk T-shirt?

Vermontcat
11-12-2002, 12:14 PM
I was wondering if any Pet Talkers would be interested in a T-shirt with Pet Talk pets on it and if so how many people would be interested. I talked to Amy (Wolf Q) about doing a design and she seems interested. Please vote and add any questions/comments too.

jenluckenbach
11-12-2002, 12:38 PM
1st comment, I LOVE T-shirts, I live in T-shirts.
2nd comment.....maybe any one artistic could submit pictures for a logo and we could vote on a pet talk logo and then use that for the shirts.?

Vermontcat
11-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Hi Jen, Amy and I thought there would be more than one design to choose from and then we could vote on our favorite. So yeah, other people could submit designs too. Right now we are trying to see how many would be interested, then the idea would be to have everyone's input on what they would like to see on it.

ramanth
11-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Sounds very cool!

TheAntiPam
11-12-2002, 01:13 PM
We have seen so much beautiful art work here at Pet Talk - I'm looking forward to seeing yet another creative effort!

When it comes to planning the actual printing of the t-shirts, please keep in mind that PetTalkers come in all sizes - including those of us beyond the XL size :p - This may make things more complicated, but having sizes for everyone will likely get the best response.

aly
11-12-2002, 01:28 PM
I am very interested so count me in on ordering one if one gets made!

When you say there will be Pet Talk pets on them, how will we ever choose WHICH pets?? :eek: I am looking forward to seeing the designs! I would submit one, but I don't think you guys want to see my kind of art work (stick figures), hehe :D

11-12-2002, 02:10 PM
Count me in 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Tanya&Fritz
11-12-2002, 02:33 PM
I would love a t-shirt!

jenluckenbach
11-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by aly
I would submit one, but I don't think you guys want to see my kind of art work (stick figures), hehe :D Stick dogs and stick cats too??!!??

trisha0503
11-12-2002, 02:47 PM
This is so cool!;) Count me in too!!!:)

lynnestankard
11-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Count me in too.

Lynne

moosmom
11-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Count me in too! :D

luckies4me
11-12-2002, 03:08 PM
Umm.. I just had this idea about a week ago and no one responded to it. Now there are people all excited.:confused:

Dan is a screenprinter and can print shirts so I came up with the idea to make Pet Talk shirts. Guess no one reads my posts. :rolleyes:

Here is the link so you can see that I asked about this already.
PT shirts (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16777)

luckies4me
11-12-2002, 03:13 PM
Also there has to be much consideration taken into this. The more colors the more money etc. Also screenprinting shops charge more in the winter because it's slow. It's very expensive also and ordering more shirts would be better. One shirt with 5 colors usually runs around 50$ seperately, however if you order 100 shirts with the same logo etc it is significantly cheaper.

So I guess now everyone knows what our family business is.

Vermontcat
11-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Luckie,
I knew I should have PM'd you about this sorry, I will PM you in a minute. Wolf Q did mention in a PM that you said something about your BF printing T's. I think I did read through that thread before but didn't make the connection. Forgive me please, I have had a cold and am not thinking clearly enough.:(

RockyRoad
11-12-2002, 03:16 PM
I'd love one!! But I will probably be the smallest size because I'm the youngest :rolleyes: . That was a really good idea!!:D I'd love a t-shirt to show off to all my friends, and that is something my mom will definetly buy for me!!:D

luckies4me
11-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Can everyone please post what size they need. We go up tp 6X. If you prefer not to post here you can pm me.

Considering the more colors we have the more it costs I think we should have outline pics of pets, which would be a lot easier. We can go up to eight colors. I will draw something up to give you ll an idea and I am pretty sure Amy can do that.

We also need to figure out a date in which the shirts need to be finished by. Does everyone want them in time for Christmas etc. ? We also need to come up with a set fee per shirt beforehand so we can know what our budget is. I was thinking $15 dollars per shirt and that would cover costs for screens, ink and the shirt itself. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-12-2002, 08:10 PM
I would love one too..!!! My size would be a medium. Whatever design would be fine with me.... Or we could just use Tinky and Jupiter..;) just kidding! Whatever the design... I love the idea!!

wolflady
11-12-2002, 08:18 PM
I like this idea too!! Let's see some designs! :D :D

jenluckenbach
11-12-2002, 08:33 PM
most likely a size Large and I'd say up to $15 would be OK.
actually a size medium too (honey is a skinny one)

Rottieluver45
11-12-2002, 09:11 PM
two thumbs up here! :D

Karen
11-12-2002, 09:16 PM
Hang on a minute, folks, Paul and I are working on a new logo for the sites ....

Felicia's Mom
11-12-2002, 09:20 PM
I would like a T-shirt. All the ones I have are size XXL. (I don't know how that compares to size 6X.)

Fuzzy317
11-12-2002, 09:22 PM
I would like at least 2 t-shirts, size large or x-large.

If its possible, could be pick which Dog/Cat/Pet of the Day we would like. I am leaning toward September 5, 2002 Dog of the Day, my Ginger (http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2002/September/05.html). :)

Or how about our beloved Miss Hoppy on the shirt :) , since she appearantly will never be Pet of the Day. :(

Vermontcat
11-12-2002, 09:28 PM
Karen, yes I was just wondering when they would be ready, the designs are still in the planning process. I have PM'd Luckies4me about your new logo and I will check with WolfQ too.

shais_mom
11-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Luckies4me,
I am sorry I didn't see your post either.

I would be interested also, size XL! Any color or whatever is fine by me.

Brit, I don't think you would be the smallest here, I know Anna_66 is very very tiny, besides it doesn't matter. PetLovers come in all shapes and sizes!! ;)

wolf_Q
11-13-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey I hope we can make it into the "official" stages this time, lol. :D Of course we have to wait to get Karen's approval.

My opinion would be to have as many who wanted submit their designs, then we can have a vote! :D

Fuzzy317
11-13-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Umm.. I just had this idea about a week ago and no one responded to it. Now there are people all excited.:confused:

Dan is a screenprinter and can print shirts so I came up with the idea to make Pet Talk shirts. Guess no one reads my posts. :rolleyes:

Here is the link so you can see that I asked about this already.
PT shirts (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16777)

I saw that thread, but I could not go to a meeting in OR, so I just stopped reading at the title, sorry :(

Nomilynn
11-13-2002, 02:33 AM
I don't think it would be really fair to have just one person's pet as a picture on the shirts. Like Karen said, they are making a new logo and I think that would be fine.

If the logo was just on one upper corner of the shirts, people could add whatever pet they would like to it later. I wouldn't wear a shirt that had a big picture/design/logo splayed across the front or back anyway; I like them to be more subtle :)

lynnestankard
11-13-2002, 05:34 AM
I'm with Naomi on this - I prefer to have the Pet Talk logo - and am looking forward to seeing 'our' new logo from Karen and Paul.
Something understated every time for me!

How would we cope with posting them to Europe - this wouldn't be a problem would it?

Lynne

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-13-2002, 07:09 AM
I too would be interested in one. Are they going to be long sleeve or short sleeves?

Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
I'd love one!! But I will probably be the smallest size because I'm the youngest :rolleyes: . That was a really good idea!!:D I'd love a t-shirt to show off to all my friends, and that is something my mom will definetly buy for me!!:D

I wear a small in T-shirts. Anna looks like she could be a small too :)

Karen
11-13-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I'm with Naomi on this - I prefer to have the Pet Talk logo - and am looking forward to seeing 'our' new logo from Karen and Paul.
Something understated every time for me!

How would we cope with posting them to Europe - this wouldn't be a problem would it?

Lynne

Just different postage, and different methods, that's all! What gets to you, for example, most reliably/quickly? The postal service, UPS, Fedex, DHL - I know some methods are better in some countries than others.

sammi
11-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Not sure about the size. I could wear a small size but I don't think I have ever bought a size small as they all shrink even a tiny bit! So I would say a medium size - unless they are on the small side then large.

Vermontcat
11-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Karen, just curious when you will have the new logo since we would like to include it in the T-shirt design.

Luckies4me can answer questions about shipping overseas ( I know she said she can do it for a few dollars more) and how the T-shirt sizes run and if they are pre-shrunk. I will PM her.

anna_66
11-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Yep, I'd like one too:D
And yes, I usually get a small, unless they run really small.

luckies4me
11-13-2002, 03:18 PM
I am going to start a new thread in Marketplace so please refer to that thread for more information. We can use this thread to talk about the design etc. Just easier that way, thanks!:D

luckies4me
11-13-2002, 03:51 PM
Also, the design will need to be in an art format such as jpg. gif. art. etc. If you can draw it up with Correl Draw or Photoshop it would be easier. I will need a printed image (which I can do at home) and also the image on disk to take to them. It has to be an image that can be opened in Correl Draw or Photoshop. Thanks.

sammi
11-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Could we do a vote on screen to see what colors everyone wants and short/long sleeve?

luckies- How are you going to collect the money? And what about the shipping charge - you want that money right away also right? Maybe you can E-Mail Karen with a copy of the total orders & amount everyone has paid etc. after you have rec. the money and the shirts are off to the print press! This was one of the problem areas before when we wanted to do this - its a big ordeal to collect the money over the internet and ship out to everyone for one person to handle. But if this is your business sure you have the system down pat.

Barbara
11-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Yes yes yes -and I am very curious to see the logo.
Please make sure we can get them in Europe!

gini
11-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Will there possibly be sweat shirts available?

luckies4me
11-15-2002, 10:42 PM
We need to decide. Please everyone read my other post and reply. :)

sasvermont
11-17-2002, 08:33 AM
As usual, everyone has great ideas but someone needs to come to a conclusion about just about everything.

Might I suggest the folks who came up with the concept and Paul and/or Karen, make the final "cut" or decisions? Just a thought.

I will buy whatever you guys decide. Size large or medium.

I would wear long or short sleeved - with someone else's pet pic. on it....whatever....

Thanks. Let me know if you need help with the details. I don't want to be on the committee, for sure. But I would be willing to front some of the money etc.

Thanks,

SAS

Puppypower64
11-19-2002, 06:48 PM
Maybe you could have a way you could pick your favorite pet of the day!:p That way if your pet had ever been on this site you would have a pet of the day shirt, and a pet portrait!