PDA

View Full Version : Zoey meets Javier

happylabs
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
My daughter had a friend over this weekend and her friend has a dog named Javier who she brought with her. Zoey tends to be afraid of new things and she was scared to death of Javier because he barked and growled at her. Zoey ran upstairs and wouldn't come down.

The most recent pic I have of Zoey is from the summer. Just so everyone remembers how big Zoey has gotten, here is her pic.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=418&pictureid=4919

My daughter had to carry 60 pound Zoey back down and into the living room. Zoey was shaking and scared to death. She would jump down on the floor, get one of her toys and get back into the chair.

I didn't get any pics of my own but I borrowed one from Javi's mom's FB page. I totally understand why Zoey was so horrified. This may be a bit graphic. Here is a pic of the scary monster Javier that she was afraid of.

:eek:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=477&pictureid=4959
All 9 pounds of him. :D

I guess after I left they did make friends and my daughter said they were playing together. Sorry I missed that and also that I didn't have my camera!

Karen
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Well, he's pretty terrifying! ;) Silly Zoey!

chocolatepuppy
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow! Javier is scarey!:eek: I'm glad Zoey overcame her fear and played with him!:D

robinh
12-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I can see that he is such a vicious creature.

:D
Too funny!!

kaycountrygal
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Zoey is beautiful! Little Javier is cute. Maybe Zoey thought Javier was a big rat LOL. I say that because two young children were here in late summer (when we could be outside) and they ran away from my chihuahua. I think they thought she was a rat. Can you believe they were afraid of LilGirl? LOL Sweet Zoey--maybe at some time she had a run-in with a small dog. I'm glad they eventually played together.

happylabs
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Zoey is beautiful! Little Javier is cute. Maybe Zoey thought Javier was a big rat LOL. I say that because two young children were here in late summer (when we could be outside) and they ran away from my chihuahua. I think they thought she was a rat. Can you believe they were afraid of LilGirl? LOL Sweet Zoey--maybe at some time she had a run-in with a small dog. I'm glad they eventually played together.

Ohhhh...I forgot about LilGirl. She and Javi would get along great I would imagine.

I guess I should explain further that Zoey lives in a world where everyone loves her and she never hears a negative word and bark LOL.

Javi has attitude for a little guy. He even intimidated me a little.

Varga
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh wow. When faced with a huge beast I can understand she would need to flee!

:D:D

Very cute pics. I'm glad she managed to see beyond his scariness and make friends later on :)

Vette
12-12-2011, 03:31 AM
LOL too cute. glad they made friends in the end :D

Sowa
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Haha, too funny! I can see how your sweet Zoey would be scared :D

dab_20
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Haha as I was reading this I was picturing a very large dog... not a chihuahua!! LOL

Poor Zoey. I understand your fear. Those little dogs can be feisty!!

Bonny
12-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Poor Zoey had to take cover from Javier. Those little dogs can put the scare into a lion. :)

cassiesmom
12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh, Zoey! Javi looks like a very scary monster ;)

Seriously -- he's adorable! And Zoey, what a beautiful girl you are! I am so happy to see you again! Please have your grandmom give you some BIG HUGS and lovies from me -- some for Javi too, please :D