12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Cameron and I decorated the tree on Thanksgiving - here it is being put up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/constructingtree.jpg

and here it done and lit all pretty
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/tree.jpg

That was two weeks ago already.

I heard a party oging on downstairs last night. I woke up to this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/deconstructedtree.jpg

Branches are off. Lights are unstrung. Countless balls are scattered on the floor. Notice the big chunk in the back about 1/3 the way up? Its a sad sad looking sight.

So who dunnit? Shouldn't there be justice for the tree?

The very possible culprits
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/culprit2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Culprit1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/culprit3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/culprit4.jpg

pomtzu
12-11-2011, 09:39 AM
All of those possible culprits look pretty innocent to me. Maybe it was a big mouse????? :p

happylabs
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I would say most definitely. A Christmas tree is just one big playground for cats.

Freedom
12-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Ahahahaaa, loved seeing all the photos! It's almost as if you KNEW you needed to prove what it was like once upon a time. Of course, being a cat owner of many years, that is probably true!

It is a very pretty tree, quite a temptation! And in the law, leaving a temptation unguarded partially absolves the culprits! :D

But I think it was a mousie, too. He he heee. Said by a similarly experienced cat owner!

Taz_Zoee
12-11-2011, 11:37 AM
First of all I can't believe how big Cam is getting! He's so tall! I just remember him as the little toddler boy. :)

And this is why we did not put up a tree this year at all. Funny thing is...I don't miss it. Since we do not have kids and won't have anyone over for Christmas it's not a big deal not to have one up. Plus it's not in a front window for neigbors to see either.

Out of the culprits.......nope, I think they are all innocent too. :p

Chatanuga
12-11-2011, 11:37 AM
That's why I put my tree up in my home office where I can close the door and keep my boys away from it.

2008 was the first year I put a tree up since I got the cats. I initially just put the lights on and let Chessie and Casey in to see how they would react to it. Chessie went up to it and just stared at it in awe. Casey went right up under it and began rubbing against it, causing the tree to sway. So while the tree is up, no cats in my room.

However, Smokey (aka "The Daredevil") thinks he has to be in here and tries to run past me to get in. One time last year, he was successful, and I was able to grab his rear half just as he started up inside the fully decorated tree.

catmandu
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Those faces look so very innocent!!
We think that a big gust of wind blew you tree over, and Your Cats were trying to set things all right.
They deserve some Whiskas Temptations.:love::love:

cassiesmom
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
First of all I can't believe how big Cam is getting! He's so tall!

I was thinking the same thing! :D

This might be an occasion for Groucho, Kitty Lawyer ... Everyone looks innocent to me ;)

Grace
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
First of all I can't believe how big Cam is getting! He's so tall! I just remember him as the little toddler boy. :)

This was my first thought . . . .

I also agree, the Fantastic Four are absolutely innocent - or very good actors :)

chocolatepuppy
12-12-2011, 06:07 AM
You always have the most beautiful tree! Well, you did.:o Those kittys are too cute to have done that.:D

redbird
12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
What a beautiful tree. I wonder who led the gang :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I doubt that you'll ever find out who did it unless you can catch them in the act.;) This is why I haven't put up a tree in years. I can't even put up a small tree because Storm will try to eat it.

lvpets2002
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
:love: I aggree these babies are much too sweet.. It has to be the Bigg Mouse..

All of those possible culprits look pretty innocent to me. Maybe it was a big mouse????? :p

momcat
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi kitties,
Groucho is in Cat Court today but I called him and left a voice mail about your unfair predicament. He's going to be outraged as he always is whenever a kitty is falsely accused. You'll be hearing from him tonight!

koxka
12-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I would say most definitely. A Christmas tree is just one big playground for cats.

I agree :D

sallyandsnowx
12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Hehe cats have a way of doing that! :p

When my other cat, Angel, was a kitten, she would climb to the middle if the tree and hide inside. Then on her journey back down, she would knock down half the ornaments and balls.. :o

momcat
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi fellow kitties,
When I got Meowmie's message yesterday I couldn't believe what I heard! First of all, I'm convinced of your innocence so don't worry about a thing.

A few questions here. Exactly what are the charges against you? Have you been arrested? Did anyone witness the offense? Are the police involved?

Most important of all, DO NOT answer ANY questions. Refer all of them to me. My purralegal is going over pictures of the crime scene and I'll talk to her when I get to my office.

Don't hesitate to call me on my cell phone if something comes up. I'll talk to you about your case this afternoon.

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer
Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose

lizbud
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi fellow kitties,
When I got Meowmie's message yesterday I couldn't believe what I heard! First of all, I'm convinced of your innocence so don't worry about a thing.

A few questions here. Exactly what are the charges against you? Have you been arrested? Did anyone witness the offense? Are the police involved?

Most important of all, DO NOT answer ANY questions. Refer all of them to me. My purralegal is going over pictures of the crime scene and I'll talk to her when I get to my office.

Don't hesitate to call me on my cell phone if something comes up. I'll talk to you about your case this afternoon.

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer

Your Purralegal ??? LOL :D:D love it.:D

catnapper
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi fellow kitties,

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer

Well, no arrests have been made, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty damaging. Especially since Mikey is particuarly fond of the silver ornaments. He says that they're already off the tree and nobody bothered to pick them up, they're free game.

Meowmie keeps asking us who invited the neigborhood kiktties over -- she said the litterbox had much more than a normal amount of scoopage. It doesn't help that the orange tabby two doors down keeps hanging out in our yard and runs away like he's guilty whenever meowmie sees him.

Nobody telling anything! So glad we have your help!

Pinot's Mom
12-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Groucho, let me know if you need any help in this case! I am at your service to help with these innocent kitties! ;)

Purrs, Pinot

kaycountrygal
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
That's funny. THEY (probably more than one) did a number on that tree.

I no longer have a tree with electric lights (just a little one with balls out of reach of Luke). He used to have bad habit of chewing on wires, such as telephone line which he chewed in half AND he chewed a little bit on Christmas lights and shorted out one of them. Lights were not plugged in at the time and I saw him. If lights had been plugged in, he might have gotten a nasty shock. Maybe that would have taught him not to do it but on other hand it might have really hurt him. Anyway no more elec lights on tree.

phesina
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't think any kitties did this. No cat would EVER do something like this!

pomtzu
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
When I had cats, they never bothered the tree, except to knock some of the ornaments off the bottom branches, so after a season or two of that, I used only unbreakable ones toward the bottom. My son's 2 cats don't bother the tree at all, but they insist on constantly rearranging the tree skirt to suit themselves.

Laura's Babies
12-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I am LMBO!!!! What did you expect? They KNOW that tree with all the pretty stuff was put up for their fun and amusement..... otherwise, why would it be there?

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Kim, I bet if they could talk, they'd all say that the dog did it.;)

momcat
12-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello fellow kitties,
Don't worry, circumstantial evidence does not establish a prima facie case. After our conference call and the information you provided, a complete and thorough investigation must be done. One of the first things we need to do is talk to that orangie you've seen around your house. I also think you can all be exonerated based on the over filled litter box. Pinot is working on her maps and GPS now so we can get to you as soon as the Catmobile arrives. We'll also be stocking up some food for you from the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe just to be sure your tummies are full. I'll call you on your cell phones once we're on the road.

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer

Groucho, let me know if you need any help in this case! I am at your service to help with these innocent kitties! ;)

Purrs, Pinot

Hi Pinot,
Thank you so much! I do need help with this investigation to clear our friends. Do you need maps? The Catmobile is on the way, as soon as it gets here I'll call your Catberry. We'll discuss case specifics once we're on our way.

Your friend,
Groucho

GILL
12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Just a note for ALL the moms and dads out there from the CREW.
1. always have a cup hook installed in the ceiling.
2. 20-30lb test monofilament fishing line is almost invisible.
This keeps the tree in the up right position.
3. All lights should be battery operated (we have almost 200 on a 4ft tree)
4. Ornaments up to 3 ft off the floor/table should be Styrofoam.
They bounce real nice and the thread covering is fun to chew.
5. All others must be wood or plastic
6. Never have a live tree, that water can make us sick.

This should prevent Groucho the Lawyer from calling

A side note from GILL the lights run on 2 "D" size batteries (per set) and last 24-48 hrs if on continually. I go through 20-40 batteries a season.

maerlyn
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Aw, I used to love when one of my cats would redecorate the tree or rearrange the gifts. This crew - even Blue, who's a real dude - didn't touch it last year. :( I remember one year, when the manger was prominently displayed under the tree - Merlin thought the angel looked better on her head! :D I miss those days. So far, I don't have the tree up; I live alone, no one comes, and the cats aren't interested, so why bother?