PDA

View Full Version : Constant dirty windows with my dog around!

sasvermont
12-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Prue loves to sit on the back of my sofa and watch life go by. She is plastered there from morning until night. I wash the window at least once a week. She sits so close to the glass that condensation forms on the window. Then, of course, she is obliged to lick it off the window!

My cats do their fair share of window messing, but Prue, the dog, takes the award. Since the windows are often open in the summer, my problem seems to be mostly in the winter.

I think I might try to put a seat belt on the sofa, to keep her away from being so close to the glass. Just kidding, of course.

D-O-G-S !! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :love::love::love:

pomtzu
12-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Sliding glass doors are lots of fun too! Before we put the addition on the house and had to eliminate the glass doors, it was a never ending chore to keep the bottom part clean. Both cats and dogs loved putting nose, and sometimes paw, prints all over it! :(

Freedom
12-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Nose prints and paw prints are a special home decor item, only a special few have them, and recognize them in others homes. :D

lizbud
12-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I get them on the car windows too. Front and back seats.:)

FurkidsMom
12-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I know what you mean. My car windows on the passenger side are never clean for long. Lots of nose prints!

Karen
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Nose prints in someone else's car always make me smile! ;)

gini
12-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I think it would be strange if you didn't have nose prints on your windows!!

They make a house a home!!

Randi
12-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Fister does it, too. He has a blanket in one window sill where he often sits, watching what goes on in the street. There are nose prints, paw prints and the occasinal sneeze. I've got used to it and just clean it more often than the others. After all, it is HIS window! :)

anna_66
12-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Having 4 dogs I know the feeling. If mine could stay clean for even 1 day I'd be thrilled:D

dab_20
12-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I certainly know what you mean! We have a big sliding glass door and whenever people walk by Sam and Molli go full speed at the door barking and get nose and paw prints all over it!
In the summer when we are on the porch and Springen is over, he will L-I-C-K the window with his humongous tounge as slowly and throughly as he possibly can! :rolleyes::love:

Varga
12-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I never had much problems inside... I guess Taggart just isn't much of a peeping tom, hehe. Tiki liked windows but she wasn't big enough to reach them, so in my old apartment that wasn't an issue.
My car however was a TOTALLY different story. Lots of nice drool and snot art on those windows! :D

Karen
12-10-2011, 01:41 PM
The funny thing having a bunny was no nose prints! Her nose was fuzzy and pressing to the glass would mean bending a zillion whiskers anyway ... but in the summertime, we had to keep the glass down on the bottom half of the kitchen door, as she figured out she could tear a hole big enough to get through in the screen, even though we didn't think she would as it was a metal screen! Thankfully it made a very loud popping noise as it tore, and gave her away, so she didn't get outside unsupervised!

robinh
12-10-2011, 08:11 PM
We have sidelights to our back glass door and they are very low to the ground. Both sides are soooooo smudgy. We wash and wash and it never seems to stay clean.

The front window (viewing portal, as it's called) is where they wait to see who is coming up the driveway and it is the same way.

With 5 dogs, there's no hope. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Asiel
12-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I just keep a towel with a spray bottle of half water and half vinegar...nose prints disappear with a swish . I usually swipe at the patio doors every time I go near them. The vinegar leaves the windows clear and shiny...seems a dog isn't keen on the smell it leaves and they don't go near as often as before.

Vette
12-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Heheh nose prints :D

oh well. least its not muddy paw prints everywhere :)

happylabs
12-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Nose prints in someone else's car always make me smile! ;)

I think it would be strange if you didn't have nose prints on your windows!!

They make a house a home!!

I totally agree! I miss Casey's noseprints. She could never sit and look out the window without pressing her nose against it as if she could smell through the glass. :) :love:

I don't think my cats do this though. They are always sitting or laying so regally (regal-like?) as if to say "please admire me".

cassiesmom
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Nose prints and paw prints are a special home decor item, only a special few have them, and recognize them in others homes. :D

I don't have any of those home decor items. Would barf-stained carpet be an acceptable substitute :rolleyes:?

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2011, 04:00 PM
OMGosh, I'm glad this was bumped up again. I forgot to come post something I saw the other day.

I was behind a car that had a bumper sticker that read:
No, my windows are not dirty. That's my dogs nose art.

I laughed so hard and thought of this thread! :D :D