PDA

View Full Version : Deck the Thursday #459

RICHARD
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1360530452550&id=f9f0bd150d5c60842ab5db96cda94c4e&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages2.fanpop.com%2fimages%2fpho tos%2f3100000%2fCristmas-Tree-2008-christmas-3151560-1728-2304.jpg

I love the fact that I don't need a step stool to put the star on the top of the tree....I just use the Orc.

I guess we can officially begin the festivities....

I just need someone to hang the wreath, any takers?:D

gini
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Beautiful tree Richard. No, we need someone tall to hang the wreath - I am too short if you want it hung over the doorway.

Do I smell mulled wine? Mmmmm - I think I will check that out.

Karen
12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I dusted off the old piano, and will sing carols while folks decorate if anyone wants to join me! And I am sure we have better pianists here than me, if someone would care to step up, as I'm sure people would like the left and right hand parts played at the same tempo!

Lady's Human
12-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Stop the insanity, I want out.

Can I have just one normal day, please? Just one?

In teh meantime, until someone ponies up the bottle of Bushmills' that they so deperately owe me, I'll have an Irish at the bar.

pomtzu
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Stop the insanity, I want out.

Can I have just one normal day, please? Just one?

In teh meantime, until someone ponies up the bottle of Bushmills' that they so deperately owe me, I'll have an Irish at the bar.

And just what makes you so special, that you deserve a normal day??? :rolleyes: If the rest of us can't have one, then neither can you!!! :p Move over - I'll join you at the bar for an Irish while we listen to everyone sing off key. :eek::D

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Deck the halls with bells and holly
tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Tis the season to be jolly
tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

whadaya mean off key??? Speak for yourself.

Gini, did you find the mulled wine? I'll join you in a glass.

pomtzu
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Gini, did you find the mulled wine? I'll join you in a glass.

I think she found it. I saw somebody sitting in the corner sipping from a very big coffee mug, and I don't believe there was coffee in it. At least I know that I never grinned that much while drinking coffee. Don't know if there would even be a glass left for you, KK! :(

Karen
12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I can at least promise that both of Lady's Humans and I will be on-key, cannot judge anyone else if ya stand on my right side, as I am deaf on that ear! Which can be handy in some situations.

Pomtzu, if you were in upstate NY, you'd get to see LH on TV! In a suit! Neither of which are exactly his favorite things to do, but with the current postal service news, kinda unavoidable.

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
My friend Gini would NEVER drink all the mulled wine, leaving none for anyone else. I know there will be plenty. :D

Pomtzu, if you were in upstate NY, you'd get to see LH on TV! In a suit! Neither of which are exactly his favorite things to do, but with the current postal service news, kinda unavoidable.

I hope Mr Big TV Star will still come to help out in the bar!

Lady's Human
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
I'd rather be helping out in the bar than staring at a camera.

As I told the clerk at the Men's Wearhouse, I'd rather be under a machine working on it wearing jeans and a flannel, but I don't think that would go over very well in a meeting.

pomtzu
12-09-2011, 07:54 AM
I have warm cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate on this frosty morn, if anyone would care to join me.

And who was that guy walking around here in a suit??? :confused: Sure hope it wasn't the Feds, checking for a liquor license! :eek:

Happy Friday, everyone, and to you too, Orc. :p

gini
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Oh, the fire almost went out - let me stoke it back up and take the chill off the room.

I was thinking about making lunch - anyone have any requests?

Everyone must be out shopping - it is very quiet around here.

Karen
12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Um, ham sandwiches on crusty bread and some good soup? A little extra cheese on the side please, for sharing with Lady ... as we should caution folks NOT to share the ham with her, the place does not need fumigation ...

smokey the elder
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
For your viewing pleasure...the Yule Log, which originated in 1966 on WPYX TV in New York: updated for 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsD1zoI7NYo

Lady's Human
12-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I haven't been shopping, I've been doing something far uglier.........(see the thread in general....)

Now I need to shower for a week.:p

Pinot's Mom
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I was WURKING - EWWWW! Barkeep, some mulled wine, please! I have lots of Christmas Cookies; I hope everyone isn't tired of them already! :)

Lady's Human
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Tired of Christmas cookies?

Huh? Didn't know that was possible!

slick
12-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Gee it's quiet in here. Hmmm. Thursday, maybe Richard's drumming up something for this week's bar.

For now, I wish to celebrate. Have a meeting with HR on Friday am to go over my retirement options. I'm getting closer and closer to the exit sign:)

One big BM for me please with a lemon slice, cherry toms and celery stick. Thanks.