PDA

View Full Version : I need advice please

Snickismylife
12-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I had two babies for about 10 and 11 years . Lucy passed suddenly over a year ago and I said I would not replace her but Snickers seems so lonely but I feel if I adopt another kitty I am taking away from Snickers attention and I would never do that. But I do work a lot and I feel horrible she is alone so if she had a friend I would not feel so guilty !!!!!! What should I do get her a friend or no ? She has never had behavior issues until the last few months while I am asleep she chews on my hair from the root and now it looks like I let a butcher cut my hair maybe lonely ?

Karen
12-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I do think getting another kitty might be a good idea, as long as you are careful introducing them, and Snickers agrees ...

Freedom
12-05-2011, 08:09 PM
You can find an adult cat at a shelter. They can tell you if the cat gets along with other cats, or not.

I think a kitten may be too much for a 10 year old.

moosmom
12-06-2011, 06:55 AM
There are SO many senior cats in shelters who don't have a chance at adoption. People want kittens. Please, adopt a senior! You won't regret it.

Snickismylife
12-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I was considering an older kitty since it wouldnt be too much activity around her anyway . I do not age discriminate :D:D

Karen
12-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Okay, great! It's amazing that some people consider a 3-year-old cat "too old" when properly cared for, many cats live well into their teens!

redbird
12-07-2011, 01:50 PM
You can find an adult cat at a shelter. They can tell you if the cat gets along with other cats, or not.

I think a kitten may be too much for a 10 year old.

This is a very good idea and I totally agree with you.

Snickismylife
12-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Your kitty Autumn looks just like my baby Lucy who passed if I can get a pic of her I will show you :love:. T:love: The vet said that breed is very agressive and also recommended I give her a 1/4 of bendryl before we came in which I never ever did. She was so sweet to me just hated the rest of the world , I usually explained she was like a teen aged girl hates anyone near her rofl rofl rofl :D:D:D:D

catmandu
12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I would look at the Cats at the shelter and see if there is an Older Cat who is mellow, and could adapt to the fact that Snickers may not take to him right off.:cool::cool:
I have never had a problem, although Josephine of Many Nmaes is skittish about the Older Cats . and Malcom and Tubster Panther have growling matches its nothing seious.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Snickismylife
12-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Ok so ive been looking all day on petfinder for an adult/senior kitty and I never noticed some very inappropriate things until now like most of the ones in my area are pet stores and 2. I even emailed the company I am pretty upset about all the kittys from one shelter are all being declawed. Well I do not like that at all. So my new baby will have to come from the humane society only :(