PDA

View Full Version : The finally sentenced the guy who killed my co-worker..

Alysser
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't know if you guys remember, one of my co-workers was killed in a car accident involving some idiot on a suspended license...well they finally sentenced him. He got three years. I am so angered by this. There are people sitting in jail for ten years for smoking pot and this guy KILLED a man and got 3 friggin' years???:mad::mad:

It is not enough, and it will never be enough.

http://www.app.com/article/20111202/NJNEWS/312020079/Driver-suspended-license-gets-3-years-fatal-crash

He's almost been gone a year. RIP Paul. :(

kitten645
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
It is disgraceful.
People get 3 years for what amounts to murder and rich people get away with destroying the economy. While the poor get thrown into jail indefinitely because the lack the financial means of hiring a high profile attorney.
OJ anyone?
My condolences to the family.
There must be a better way. Justice should prevail.

Husky_mom
12-04-2011, 11:45 PM
sadly itīs not only in your country.. same happens here..

and youīre right.. itīs never enough.. not even death penalty..

Karen
12-05-2011, 01:11 AM
You are of voting age. Write a letter to your Congressman, and your governor, protesting this, and maybe you can help make a change in the sentencing guidelines. It's worth a shot.

Queen of Poop
12-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Sadly, it happens here too. The drivers who killed my siblings 25 years ago each got nothing, absolutely nothing. All I can hope for all these years is that their conscience is not clear and has kept them up at night too.

happylabs
12-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Oh I am so sorry. I really do not understand the sentencing laws. I read the whole article. It said there is a risk this guy will commit this offense again when he gets out of jail. So sad...just wrong. :mad:

Alysser
12-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I know it's not just my state. I am terribly sorry for anyone who has lost someone due to bad driving whether it was road rage, drunks, etc. Whatever it is, it shouldn't happen. It really is awful.:(

Karen, I think I will post something in our group about it. I think they wanted to do something when it first happened but we never were able to. I'll keep you updated if anything happens.

Marigold2
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
I am so sorry.
The only thing that stops these monsters is a bullet to the head.
That is what they deserve and hopefully that is what they get.

pomtzu
12-19-2011, 05:55 AM
I am so sorry.
The only thing that stops these monsters is a bullet to the head.
That is what they deserve and hopefully that is what they get.

Yes indeed. Perhaps this country needs to start practicing vigilante justice. What better way to eliminate prison overcrowding and save the tax payers big bucks??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad: