PDA

View Full Version : 5 years ago...

Taz_Zoee
12-03-2011, 05:00 PM
I was searching the internet for something (can't even remember exactly what now) after we got our puppy, Zoee. And here I am, five years and over 10,000 posts later! :D
I could not imagine not having Pet Talk to go to several times a day for no other reason than to see what is going on with my Pet Talk family. I have laughed and cried so much, just like a true family.

Pet Talk is always there for me. When I lost my boy Taz, when I got three other pets (one from a fellow PTer) and right now as I go through a rough time with the girl that helped me find Pet Talk....Zoee.

Thank you Karen and Paul for developing and maintaining this site and thank you to everyone else for EVERYTHING!! :D :D

(My 5 years was on November 25th, but I wasn't home and forgot to post about it)

Freedom
12-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Yay, and we all benefit by having you on here with us. A great day for sure!

I hadn't noticed that I joined just a few short months before you did. Wow! I know how I found PT - I was searching for a Nintendo DS game, and someone on here had posted about it in General. LOL funny way to find Pet Talk!

Karen
12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
We are glad you found us, feels like forever, doesn't it? A hug to you and skritches and bellyrubs to the furry ones!

phesina
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I joined in March 2006...

Some time before that a friend had e-mailed me to recommend a site called Cat of the Day that she checked each day to see another cat who was loved and was enjoying a wonderful life. I started looking at the site to see the Cat of the Day and read about it.

Then one day I clicked the link where it says "Talk about today's cat in Pet Talk!" I started doing that each day, just looking over the comments in the Today's Cat section.. Then I started looking at the Cat General section..

At some point I ventured out to make my first response to a posting...

And the rest is history.

THANK YOU, KAREN AND PAUL AND ALL YOU WONDERFUL FOLKS OF ALL SPECIES WHO MAKE PET TALK THE SPECIAL, TREASURED PLACE THAT IT IS!

catnapper
12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Happy Anniversary!

I was going to say its around the time I joined --- only I just realized I'm 8 years into this place! :eek: :eek: and 15,000 posts. Yikes. I guess when you feel like you're connected with other like minded people you can lose track of time and how much you talk!

Freedom
12-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Happy Anniversary!

I was going to say its around the time I joined --- only I just realized I'm 8 years into this place! :eek: :eek: and 15,000 posts. Yikes. I guess when you feel like you're connected with other like minded people you can lose track of time and how much you talk!

I'm close to you in posts, lol. Goodness, I'm chatty too! Yes, time flies when you are with like minded people. I was going to say, having fun, but of course we are there for one another in tough times, as well.

Roxyluvsme13
12-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Congratulations on 5 wonderful years!

I've known Pet/Dog/Cat of the day since second grade in elementary school. At the time I didn't realize Pet Talk existed and when I finally realized it did, I had to wait until I was 13 to join. So, I've been here since just about the day that I turned 13, I think! :eek: Now I feel old :p. Everyone on here has seen me grow up and mature and helped me learn about better pet care! I sometimes don't know what I'd do without it. I also met one of my best friends on here, though she doesn't post anymore.

cassiesmom
12-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Congratulations, Taz-Zoee! :love:

Husky_mom
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM
wow.. 6 yrs do fly fast.. and since you mentioned it I noticed I´ve been here for 6.. double wow.. feels like forever yet very fast..

I have joined many forums.. but ONLY PT is the one I´ve stayed this long.. wouldn´t have it any other way ;)

Happy PTversary!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Happy 5th Anniversary Cindy!!!:) I've been here since around March 18th or 19th 2002 and I'm still addicted to PT.;) I remember that I joined a yahoo cat club and then I saw that there were some great links and one was Cat Of The Day. I clicked on the link and read about the cat that day. Then I clicked on Pet Talk and I went straight to cat health because I had a health question about my RB Pepper. I've been here ever since. Thanks again Karen and Paul for creating such a wonderful pet forum.:)

Taz_Zoee
12-04-2011, 01:02 AM
:D I like hearing what brought people to this site. I know we had a thread about that before, but its nice to hear again.

Thanks everyone! Here's to 5 more years and 10,000 more posts!! :D :D