PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards...

redbird
12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Has anyone else started writing out their Christmas cards yet. I just started today. I don't send out nearly as many as I used too. Times are hard and stamps are way too costly. I won't mail them out yet but I just wanted to get them ready. I made these myself using my Hallmark Program.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/CHRISTMAS%20GRAPHICS/lgcandycane.gif

kittycats_delight
12-03-2011, 01:55 PM
I like to do Christmas cards but times have been too tight over the last couple of years. I do send them out online though. I design a holiday greeting with my pets photos and such & email them to friends & family. I was hoping to participate in the Christmas card exchange this year but just couldn't do it. Hopefully next year I will be able to. I really enjoy doing the cards and receiving them from all over especially when they have pics of PT pets inside as well. :love:

Freedom
12-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Just picked up my photo cards today, so I will start writing them later tonight (that is what I SHOULD be doing now, lol).

Normally I have them done by Thanksgiving Weekend. I have several family and friends in UK and try to get those out early. I've already received TWO from folks over there! I am behind this year, got the photo session late.

I also don't do as many as I used to. The younger generations especially family, don't send cards; so I don't either. And when you are dealing with your folks' generation, by definition over time there are fewer and fewer. :(

slick
12-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately I'm not sending any cards out this year. It's just not going to work out. Forgive me PTers. :(:(:(

Medusa
12-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm usually finished by now so it's not looking too good for sending them out this year. I've just been too busy.

pomtzu
12-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I bought mine about a month ago thinking I would get them out early, but I haven't even opened the box yet. I don't send nearly as many as I used to - just to family and a few friends, and to a few PT friends also. :) I really must get to it this week!

catmandu
12-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Instead of buying cards I have sent out photos of My Dear Little Josephine of many names.
If anyone wishes to send Photos, they certainly would be more than welcome, as there are to us more purrsonal than cards.
We wish we could have Photo Crads , But Josephine of Many Names and Malcolm's Vet Bill were an unexpected cost.:D:D

Pinot's Mom
12-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I am actually doing them right now; multitasking, of course. ;) It is late for me as well, I usually do them Thanksgiving weekend. I can't let go of the cards and don't care about the expense; it's a tradition I will not stop. I send about 100. I started yesterday and will finish this afternoon. Then on to deck the halls! :)

astrid
12-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I made them last Friday, I'll take them to the mail tomorrow :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I've always been on the PT Christmas card exchange ever since I was a member. I don't send many to other friends or family so most of them go out to PT'ers on the list and off of the list. I enjoy doing it and there's nothing like getting a real Christmas card in the mail.:)

I usually try to do most of them during Thanksgiving break too but I only got the International ones done. I haven't even started on any more of them yet.;)

pomtzu
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Well I decided the cards weren't going to get anywhere still sitting in the box, so this afternoon I got them all ready to go. Now - to make it to the post office - sometime this week I guess.

chocolatepuppy
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I sent mine out 11/30. I don't send out too many. I never get them out that early but have been off work and took advantage of that.;)