PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look alot like Thursdays #458

RICHARD
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I am serving Egg Nog and fruitcake....

May as well get it out of my system now.

As much as I dislike FC, I have been on the lookout for a small one, preferably soaked in rum.

Anyone want to join me?

Karen
12-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I love love love fruitcake, but am now allergic to most of the fruits, and all of the nuts, that make it so yummy. So as everything here is allergy free, I'll take some of both please!

And while I have heard some people put rum in their eggnog, I'll take mine without the booze, please!

Queen of Poop
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Since I can't have either in reality I'll take cake and eggnog (no rum) please and thank you very much Richard!!

Lady's Human
12-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Fruitcake? FRUITCAKE!!!!

Fruitcake and eggnog.......and figgy pudding.......with hard sauce

and coffee ring

Pinot's Mom
12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I do like a good fruitcake; I know it's got a bad rap, but when it's good, it's good! I'll have some WITH booze, please! I put up three Christmas trees in my office (well - only ONE IN my office, but one in my bosses' office, and one in the cubicle area as well), played some Christmas music today, and the Baltimore City tree is being lit tonight, so IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME! :)

By the way, people, enough of the "I can't have it" - this is VIRTUAL! ;)

moosmom
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Gimme an Eggnog with 151 Rum, a splash of eggnog, heavy on the rum please!!

These animal abuse cases are killing me here!!!

RICHARD
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Gimme an Eggnog with 151 Rum, a splash of eggnog, heavy on the rum please!!

These animal abuse cases are killing me here!!!

LOL, I am with you.

Watch out or I'll break out the mistletoe for the Orc!:D

PM,

I decorated the area, no tree I own a cat! :eek:

If you wish, I'll decorate the bar, you can direct....

One FC,

DONE!

LH,

Coffee Ring?

That sounds like a Mafia gang.....:eek:

Figgy and Hard Sauce, DONE!

QoP,

One serving of each!

Done!

Karen,

One virtual serving of FC!

Done!

Karen
12-01-2011, 08:47 PM
He's talking this Coffee Ring:

gini
12-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Fruit cake and egg nog? I haven't had fruit cake for ages. There was a place out of Colorado - Mrs. Collins Fruit Cake?? I can't remember. I know it was good.

So I will have a nice healthy (or not) slice and some nog and a bottle of rum to go with the eggnog or he cake? Or both :D:D:D

http://www.collinstreet.com/pages/online_bakery_gift/deluxe_fruitcake?t=s_go_kw_collins_fruitcakes&gclid=CKDAw8Tm4qwCFeldtgodamKinQ

I found them - Collins Street Bakery.

Lady's Human
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Out of the monkey suit and back into human clothes.

I'll take a LARGE Irish coffee and would someone please remove the damned spot from in front of my eyes?

Karen
12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Have a slab of coffee ring with that Irish Coffee, and maybe the spot will go away?

Lady's Human
12-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Now THAT is a capital idea!

Karen
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
And if that fails, I am sure a lapful of purring kitty will help, or Lady leans ... and you know she does love a good skritchin' - good for you and for her!

Lady's Human
12-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Lady is a little disgusted with me at the moment. Between yesterday's chaos and today's issues, she hasn't had much, if any, dad time.

She had curled up on my arm earlier, but got disgusted again after I got up to make dinner.

Anyone for some REAL mac and cheese, hotdogs and stewed 'maters?

Karen
12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Perhaps a bribe with some of that Mac'n'cheese, and she'll like you again! None for me thanks, had a late lunch, but maybe later, if there are leftovers ... unlikely as that may be!

Lady's Human
12-02-2011, 03:36 PM
There are plenty of leftovers. How do you make a small scale batch of Mac and cheese?

Karen
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
There are plenty of leftovers. How do you make a small scale batch of Mac and cheese?

You'll have to ask someone else, to whom we are not genetically connected! ;) Just didn't know how much of a bottomless pit a certain 7-year-old is these days ...

Pinot's Mom
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Mac & Cheese, Mac & Cheese - OOH, can I have a serving, please?

You think YOUR Lady is mad at you LH? We have a friend and her 17 yr.old daughter here until the end of January. Pinot's routine has been UNFORGIVABLY disrupted!:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe Pinot and Lady can comiserate with each other.

Just so someone besides the Mayor knows what the heck I'm talking about, I had to go on camera for an interview this afternoon. I hate cameras, I loathe TV cameras.

I've spent two days talking with the Media and politicians, neither of which are my favorite tasks, and have had to do it on short (2 hours) sleep, as I work nights and the rest of the universe apparently works days. :p

lbaker
12-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Figgy Pudding and Hard Sauce!! OH BOY! I like the pudding a bit warm, just a tad. My Mom could burn water and thought veggies should be mush :rolleyes: but one of the VERY few things she did well in the kitchen was Hard Sauce. OMG it took me years to replicate it. As much as I like rum in a Pina Colada you can leave it out of Egg Nog. Just the natural stuff for me. With maybe a pinch of Nutmeg on top. Now we are talking!!

Laurie

Lady's Human
12-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Just a little warm with the sauce? Mmmmm

Sounds like dessert to me.

Lady's Human
12-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Just put on a pot for tea, anyone else want some? Very apropos, I took out the kitten cups Corinna sent us.

slick
12-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Drinks all around and put it on my tab. Looks like I'll be retired at the end of January. Yipppeeeeee....no more boss from hell!!!! :):):)

Catty1
12-06-2011, 10:41 PM
WOOHOO, slick! So have a Happy Christmas, then just January, and away you go! :D

Merlin will be getting just too much attention! :love::D

Karen
12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Aww, yes to the tea, please!

Lady's Human
12-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Okay, who scheduled the snowstorm to be peaking when I go in to work tonight? Such fun, snow over the top of mud. :mad:

RICHARD
12-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Wow, so much happening!

Congrats Slick.

LH,
I am chomping at the bit to spend my first winter in a snowy clime....I know, that will disappear once I have to drive or travel in the stuff....

I'll put out some bagels and cream cheese.

I haven't had a good bagel in a while......

Everyone get ready to decorate on the next Thursday.

I am taking the Orc into the L&F to dig out the Christmas tree.......Anyone want me to look for any other decorations?:D