PDA

View Full Version : My "Dog-ma"?

RICHARD
12-01-2011, 08:00 AM
People around the neighborhood must think I am crazy.

A few days ago I did the last half of my walk with Tucker laughing like a maniac.

--------------

I do not think the dog really likes Christmas.

I have always fought with my roomie about the fact that Tuck isn't the smartest dog on the planet. I tend to give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

I think I may have lost THAT arguement.

I have been looking at all the neat Christmas decorations people are putting up on our route.

Lights, wreaths and those white, plastic animals that light up.

------------------

We walked by a house and Tuck stopped, set back on his haunches and let out a low growl.....I stopped and looked around for the dog, cat, squirrel or ??
that was bothering him.....

It took me a minute to realize that the offending 'animals' looked like these...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gdioqqSyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had to pull on his leash to get him moving again and every 10 feet or so, he would look back and growl.

Needless to say?

I am worried about santa and the REAL reindeer showing up on the 25th.

If Santa does not show up or is late?

You know why......;)

kaycountrygal
12-01-2011, 08:05 AM
That's funny! There's no telling what dogs will find scary or interesting. My LilGirl comes out of the house and starts barking at leaves LOL

happylabs
12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
LOL!

Richard you need to post more. Your posts make me smile.

robinh
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Richard, I agree with happylabs. You definitely need to post more. I cracked up when I read your post. Of course, I will say that I understand the dog barking at the lawn ornaments. Mine do the same thing. :D

Freedom
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Tasha does not understand inanimate objects. And the ones that move? WORSE still! She is convinced they are all intent on eating HER.

Great story, Richard!

RICHARD
12-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Last night Tuck and I walked and there were MORE of those infernal inaminate objects, bent on making the Tuckster growl.

The absolute best part?

As we walk past, and he gets his first view of the 'deer'?

I pull on his leash and he takes a few steps, stops, looks over his shoulder and throws out a growl.....just to let them know that they are new on the block and should not bother us during our walk.....:D

Lady's Human
12-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Has he encountered the orange cones yet?

Lady is convinced those things are the root of all that's evil in the world. She barked at a pair at the end of our driveway for mot of a day.

RICHARD
12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Has he encountered the orange cones yet?

Lady is convinced those things are the root of all that's evil in the world. She barked at a pair at the end of our driveway for mot of a day.

No, there has been one sitting on a drainage grate for most of last few months, we pass it everyday.

The sewer district finally started to work on some kind of a catch drain across the street and he took exception to the Bobcat that one of the workers was using.

THAT was interesting!

-------------------------

It bothered him because it's right across the spot where he takes his usual dump......We had to move a ways down the block, that time.:rolleyes:;)

Lady's Human
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
You can't interrupt the routine without repercussions.

There's a reason the compare men and dogs........

happylabs
12-07-2011, 09:08 AM

LOL...I'm not going to touch that one! :D

lvpets2002
12-07-2011, 11:30 AM
:D Richard yup just call that dog stupid again wont cha.. LOL too funny

RICHARD
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM

Tuck has been on a canned food diet for the last two days.

He poops halfway thru our walk and his deposits are pretty 'fragrant'.

I use the plastic bags the newspaper comes in......I would like them to put the paper into something thicker......

Alysser
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
LOL, Richard you have me rolling:D I didn't know you had/got a dog? What kind of pup is Tuck?

RICHARD
12-08-2011, 12:40 PM
LOL, Richard you have me rolling:D I didn't know you had/got a dog? What kind of pup is Tuck?

Tucker is a GoldenDoodle.

He has a champagne coat and weighs about 36 pounds.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/xxlt/th_tn-1.jpg

dukedogsmom
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Tuck has been on a canned food diet for the last two days.

He poops halfway thru our walk and his deposits are pretty 'fragrant'.

I use the plastic bags the newspaper comes in......I would like them to put the paper into something thicker......
You always make me laugh. Sounds like Tuck is a little like you. Silly dog. I can only feed Dasher canned food now and his silent gas could be used as a nuclear weapon. I even blamed hubby one night.
I didn't mean this about you being gaseous also. Was talking about your first entry

RICHARD
12-11-2011, 10:18 PM
The other morning I took the Tuckster for a walk and he stopped to do his 'thing' on a neighbor's lawn.

When he was done I went to clean it up and noticed that the cold weather made Tuck's deposit throw off steam.

Wow, I was laughing, again.....It took me a while to get over my first 'steaming pile of poop'.

And I always thought it was a figure of speech.....;)

Vette
12-12-2011, 03:45 AM
LOL thanks for that :D

my Miniature stallion that i used to have got spooked by some wooden lawn bears we had set out. took a while but i finally managed to get him close enough to see that they werent real. after that he was fine. never spooked him again LOL