PDA

View Full Version : Buddy and Mama - Pic

happylabs
11-30-2011, 07:55 PM
These two despise each other. Buddy can barely walk past Mama without her giving him a swat. They both like to sit with me on my recliner at night, especially now that it is chilly.

This was the other night...Buddy was on the arm of the chair and Mama came up and laid facing me on the foot rest. Buddy tried not to look at her or acknowledge that she was there. I just happened to have my camera handy. Shortly after I took the pic he jumped down and she got on the arm rest. They love laying on the arm rest. :)

Can you tell by his expression that he isn't too happy she is there?

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=462&pictureid=4926

cassiesmom
11-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Not really! They both look pretty content to me. You fooled me, Buddy! Mama Kitty and Buddy, please have your mum give you some kisses and hugs from me --- some for Tink too, please!

catmandu
12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
:love::love:
Actually it apperas that a ten paw bout is going to take place.
I hope not, I pray that there was a big Kiss!!!
:D:D

Taz_Zoee
12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow, glad to hear there are other kitties like my Paizly and Jax.
That's a very good picture though. :D Buddy does look a tad irritated, but Mama looks pleased. :) She looks like she's challenging him. And she got her way!

katladyd
12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I know that look soooo well! All three of mine have attitude towards each other to some degree. No fur flying anymore but lots of hissing, growls, and paw swipes. I looked at the pic and started a mental countdown..5,4,3,2,1...:D

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Well this is how my girls act towards Alani & Blaze. Pearl is also like this towards Storm most of the time. They used to be cuddle buddies.:(

Scooter's Mom
12-02-2011, 04:53 AM
I think it is great that they got that close :)

lizbud
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Buddy thinks if he keeps his eyes closed, she will disappear.:)

happylabs
12-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Buddy thinks if he keeps his eyes closed, she will disappear.:)

Exactly. He kept looking away from her hoping she would poof.

I think it is great that they got that close :)

I know! I thought it was cool too. I tried to get him to turn his head towards her. At least she wasn't growling like she usually does when he is close to her.

I would love it if they would make up some day.

cassiesmom
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi again, Mama Kitty and Buddy! I hope you and Tink had a very merry Christmas! Could you please have mum give you some petting and scritchies from me.

:love:
Your admiring fan --
Elyse

p.s., I still don't see disagreement between you when I look at this picture.

happylabs
12-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi again, Mama Kitty and Buddy! I hope you and Tink had a very merry Christmas! Could you please have mum give you some petting and scritchies from me.

:love:
Your admiring fan --
Elyse

p.s., I still don't see disagreement between you when I look at this picture.

Extra pets and scritches to my kitties from you. :)
I guess you have to be here to see the attitude in person between these two. Buddy can't even walk past Mama without her swatting him. I wish there was a way I could make them love each other, or, at least not depise the sight of each other. :(

kaycountrygal
12-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, I think I see the resentment in the photo. I see it with my Luke cat and my little dog. I also keep hoping my two will love each other. Well, Maybe "love" is too strong a word. Perhaps they will not bark and/or swat. Actually my two have been doing better lately. Both have been near each other on the couch without barking or swatting. There is hope for your two cats (smile)

katladyd
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I wish Ming and Kimba would make it to the tolerate stage. They still growl at the mere sight of each other. It gets old.:rolleyes: