PDA

View Full Version : ARKANSAS: DECLAWED CH kitty needs rescue - URGENT

phesina
11-30-2011, 03:36 PM
From Debbie Martin:

---------------------->

Is there anybody in Arkansas who rescues Cerebellar Hypoplsia Kitties?? I have an urgent situation and plea and quite upset about this This CH Kitty actually has been declawed!!!!!who is a female 4 years old! The woman says shelter where she is afraid she will be killed or live outside for this kitty when she moves and of course said she is afraid the Coyotes will get her and she would not last outside!

This kitty has mild severity and uses the litter box fine!

So help please! If you are in Arkansas please contact me!!!!!! [email protected] thebeachcomber (AT) hotmail.com

I will follow this with photos and more information.
------------

THANK YOU for any help any of you can give.. even passing this information along.

Lizzie
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
How can anyone be so staggeringly selfish as to declaw a CH cat?! Don't tell me it 's on all four feet. I do trim my Miss Z's front claws a little, but only check her back feet. Of course this cat won't survive outside. I sincerely hope someone comes forward to adopt her; she certainly deserves a break.

phesina
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I so much hope and pray that someone saves this little girl, too.

Thank you, Lizzie.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

lvpets2002
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
:mad: I would say that the Vet that did this should have his/her ASS Kicked && then loose his/her vet med certs.. That is just horrible.. CH Babies need all of there claws to help with their stability.. Have we heard anymore about this baby getting a furrever home yet??

phesina
12-16-2011, 01:08 PM
I haven't heard any more myself. Helene, you get Debbie's list mail, don't you? That's where I first heard about the baby.

I'm tempted myself, if there were a way to get her from Arkansas to MI.

emily_the_spoiled
12-17-2011, 10:35 AM
I have rescued a few CH and other disabled guys from down South. Sometimes I can put them on a transport, but usually not. I have used this service and been very happy with it: http://www.uship.com/pets/

Does anyone have any word on the little girl?

emily_the_spoiled
12-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I just received this email from Debbie:

Hi! She went to a rescue group in Missouri. We feel that she actually does not have CH prior to the rescue group taking her. Apparently she started show signs of unstableness at 2 years old. Could be another underlying medical condition not sure of or perhaps an unattended ear infection that perhaps did damage

phesina
12-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh, good, so she now has a safe place to live! God bless her and everyone who helped her.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
12-19-2011, 11:33 AM
This is what the shelter in MO sent to Debbie about the little girl...

UPDATE on Kaci... We took her to the vet today, Dr Messick did an extensive exam on Kaci.. he thinks that she has a brain lesion, her heart beats extremely fast.. tooooo fast, so keep her on high blood pressure meds. He is trying thiamin, which is good for the brain and should help with her neurological condition... we have to give this a couple days and see if she shows any signs of improvement, then we can move forward on how to treat her. She was also treated for Urinary Infection, and he gave her a shot of vitamin B to help her keep eating and drinking. Her eyesight is about gone, which could be caused by the brain lesion (tumor)... we have to keep positive and hope that the medicine works and that she starts eating again, she has refused to eat today, I am sure because she is confused, I did eye dropper water, we don't want her to dehydrate, I bought her some Tuna if she does not eat that we will start to force feed gradually so we don't scare her. She is a sweety and has still purred going through all this. Please keep her in your prayers as she tries to recover, which will not be fully, but if we can get her stable that will answer our prayers.

phesina
12-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Prayers and healing energies and warm thoughts for Kaci that she can be stabilized. And prayers of gratitude to these wonderful people working so hard to keep her going.

God bless you all.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat