PDA

View Full Version : LOS ANGELES: CH boy with deformed foot

phesina
11-30-2011, 03:23 PM
A Special CH Kitty in Los Angeles Area needs an angel!

Meet Pepper, Pepper is a Cerebellar Hypoplasia Kitten who has had a rough go since he has other issues besides CH. Also attached is a photo of his foot that kind of resembles a Kangaroo foot.
Little Pepper is past wobbly.... his hips can't seem to support passing stools anymore. He has little control over his stools and is dropping them in the home . He also cannot hold them in when held or lifted. He could wear a diaper or do well in a home or environment where it is no big deal to pick up a poop!

Pepper also has a CH sister named Sandy and she is just fine and gets along just great!!! They are a bonded pair and if need be, will allow both of them to got together to insure a proper home who will love them both. But Pepper needs a home please!

Pepper is located in Los Angeles and is desperately seeking a home, foster or sanctuary who will love, adore and understand him and his needs!

Please contact ASAP Please!!!!!: [email protected]

Lizzie
12-01-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll write to the rescue and see if they know more about Pepper. Since they use the wording "can no longer" it sounds like a progressive neurological problem, not simply CH. I'd have to be concerned about vet bills. Other than that, I've learned to diaper a cat, do butt baths, etc. for my Zazesh. It was quite a steep learning curve because his hind end has some parasthesia so he's inclined to bite when I'm caring for him.

phesina
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
God bless you, Lizzie.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Lizzie
12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
I wrote but haven't received a reply. I said I didn't mind the mess since I was used to it and organized for it, but I would be concerned about big vet bills if he has a condition that is worsening. He's a lovely looking cat.

Mind you, after the clean-up I had to do for Zazesh yesterday evening, I'm not sure I could care for another poopy cat. He'd managed to poop in three places, two of them really soft poops and one of them in his bed, fall in them, drag the feces all over the floor, including by his food and water dishes, knocked over his food dish and knocked into heavy water dish so it slopped over to mix in with feces and food. Some of it had crusted in place over 10 hours while I'm at work so you can imagine how long it took to clean up. And then I had to clean him! He was all fluffy and smelled of Mango Tango when I'd finished.

phesina
12-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I wrote but haven't received a reply. I said I didn't mind the mess since I was used to it and organized for it, but I would be concerned about big vet bills if he has a condition that is worsening. He's a lovely looking cat.

Mind you, after the clean-up I had to do for Zazesh yesterday evening, I'm not sure I could care for another poopy cat. He'd managed to poop in three places, two of them really soft poops and one of them in his bed, fall in them, drag the feces all over the floor, including by his food and water dishes, knocked over his food dish and knocked into heavy water dish so it slopped over to mix in with feces and food. Some of it had crusted in place over 10 hours while I'm at work so you can imagine how long it took to clean up. And then I had to clean him! He was all fluffy and smelled of Mango Tango when I'd finished.

Thanks for writing them. Please let us know if they get back to you or if they've found him another home.

WOW! Sounds like Zazesh is training for the Kitty Olympics! That maneuver should win the gold.

Lizzie
12-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Where are you getting the postings from?

I still haven't heard anything.

phesina
12-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Lizzie, I get my postings mostly from a woman named Debbie Martin who does a lot of work to match kitties (especially disabled kitties) in need of safe places with rescuers and fosters and adopters. She runs and she posts on a lot of mailing lists, especially ones for handicapped cats. I think she lives in the L.A. area. She has contacts all around the country (perhaps the world).

I just sent her the link to this thread. Maybe she can help get you in touch with these people.

phesina
12-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Lizzie, I heard back from Debbie. I'll PM you her message. She wants you to e-mail her, and she'll get you in touch with the people who have the kitty.

Lizzie
12-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Thank you. I sent Debbie an email.

phesina
12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh, good!

Lizzie
12-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I have a little more information. The situation is not dire. Pepper is in good foster care. The problem is that his foster mom has a baby who is about to start crawling all over, and Pepper poops all over. They have to find a home for him before the two get together.

I will ask for vet records because they have him in Flagyl to keep his stools firm. I need to know much more about all his issues. Even more importantly, I have to be concerned about him fitting in with my own/foster cats. I'm pretty much committed to going out to Best Friends in March and adopting Duke or another special needs cat, depending on who I click with and who clicks with me. I know that Duke would find a young cat very difficult. I think Zazesh would also.

phesina
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the update, Lizzie. I'm glad you and Pepper's people have connected.

I hope it works out for Pepper to get the perfect home, whether with you or someone else!

Lizzie
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
It seems that Pepper has several problems, the most serious being his reduced ability to process nutrition. His foster mom is finding whole kibble in his food, he produces very large bowel movements in spite of high quality food and the vet said he had a lot of stool in his colon. Looking at his photograph, you can see that he is thinner than his sister. I have to be concerned about vet bills and the possibility that this kitten could cause me to have significantly less to spend on the health care of my current troupe. At the same time, it makes me want to take him in even more. I've asked what sanctuaries they have applied to.

phesina
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the update and the additional information, Lizzie. I hope something can be worked out.. that perhaps some generous person or organization would be willing to help if high vet bills come along.. or if Pepper goes to a sanctuary, you can keep in touch with him..

Thank you for taking an interest in this little guy. All our hopes and prayers for the very best of outcomes for Pepper and you both.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

Lizzie
01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm reminded by seeing follow-up posts that I didn't let everyone know what happened to Pepper. I did offer to take him because it became more and more obvious from emails exchanged that his current foster mom was too overwhelmed with other responsibilities to take the best care of him, and she knew that. However, she received an offer from a couple in Los Angeles who specialize in caring for CH cats so Pepper is going to them. His foster mom will be able to visit him often. A good result all around.

phesina
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh, good!... thank you, Lizzie.