PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sparky...

pomtzu
11-30-2011, 08:24 AM
He's traumatized, and it's my fault. :( He's such a sensitive little soul, and I should have thought ahead, before I did what I did. If only he hadn't seen what I was doing, he would be just fine.

Earlier this morning, I decided to get the big tote out of my closet that has Christmas wrapping paper, gift bags, ribbon, tags, etc, just to see how much I had and to figure what I needed to buy. It's in a corner of my walk in closet with lots of other things piled on top of it - including my suitcases - so I was taking everything that was on top and putting those things on my bed. Sparky was watching me intently - my sidewalk supervisor - and then he spotted me taking the suitcases out. He knows what suitcases are and what it means when he sees me get them out. No-no-no!!! Mom is leaving and she won't be back for days and days and days!!! - she's going on vacation or has to go to the hospital or some such thing - but she's leaving.

It's funny how he knows what those things are for. I hurried and got them back in the closet so he'd forget about the whole thing, but he is sticking to me like velcro now. I can't take a step without him being right under my feet. I had to pick him up and give him some extra cuddles and tell him I wasn't leaving him and he could relax, but so far, I don't think he believes me. Maybe he'll forget about it by the end of the day, or after he gets a good night's sleep tonight.

Silly (but too smart for his own good) pup.........:p:D:love:

Roxyluvsme13
11-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Aww, Sparky! :( I think a lot of dogs can tell when their owners are leaving. Lily knows when we get dressed and pick up the car keys that we're "going bye bye" and she therefore thinks she has to go too :p.

I'm sure he will recover though as soon as he realizes you are staying! Give him and miss Myndi a hug from me!

chocolatepuppy
11-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Poor Sparky! Aren't dogs so smart? My two watch me like a hawk for any signal as to my next move!:D

Freedom
11-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh Sparky! Mum is staying put, no worries fella.

Whew, I must say, the thread title had me quite worried. I am a bit relieved, Ellie, reading this!

That is so funny. Now don't you trip over him, Ellie, or you WILL be leaving and he will have fulfilled his prophecy, lol. Sure hope he settles back into routine soon for you!

Please give him some belly rubs from me!

Taz_Zoee
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Awww, poor Sparky. Its amazing what they know. I can get ready to leave the house and they won't move. I can do the same routine knowing they are coming with me and somehow they know they are coming. I think they can read my mind. Because I haven't even grabbed the leashes or done anything differently than I do when I leave without them.

Please give Sparky some loves from me too. And while you're at it, some for Myndi as well. :D

happylabs
11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh that's not so bad. I thought maybe you got a crate or something out and he thought he had to go to the vet.

They are so smart.

cassiesmom
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh Sparky! Mum is staying put, no worries fella.

Whew, I must say, the thread title had me quite worried. I am a bit relieved, Ellie, reading this!

Please give him some belly rubs from me!

The title had me worried too! Cassie has the same reaction when I get my overnight bag out.

Awww, poor Sparky. Its amazing what they know. Please give Sparky some loves from me too. And while you're at it, some for Myndi as well. :D

Loves for Sparky the sidewalk supervisor and for Myndi from me too, please :love: :love:

kaycountrygal
11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Poor Sparky! What a smart doggy! I understand exactly what you mean. My LilGirl thinks/hopes she is going with us everytime we get car keys. When she finds out she is not going, she gets off the couch very disappointed and goes to her room (bedroom) to be sad. Our little pets are such smart sweet little ones, arent they?

Asiel
11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Big bad mommy...poor Sparky , he'll be having nightmares or sleeping with one eye open for sure :D
I find it so amazing how dogs seem to know exactly when things will happen. When we get ready to go shopping, doctor's, visiting or wherever, the dog is always the first to the car. But when we are going out for supper that dog settles on the sofa and won't budge...knowing very well that she has to wait in the car and she does not like that. So she stays home with a treat and waits with no regrets.

But I would NEVER take out my suitcases to traumatize her...:D:D:D

beeniesmom
12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Awww, my two do the same thing. Poor Fella! Sparky, mommy's not going anywhere!

robinh
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Poor baby! Momma loves you and she wouldn't leave you.

Our Muffin does the same thing when Dick gets out his suitcase. He worked on the road for about 5 months year before last and everytime he started to put things together to go, she would freak out. I finally made him say goodbye to her evertime he left and promise her he would be back. She did better after that.

pomtzu
12-03-2011, 12:45 PM
My goofy boy recovered quite nicely, and I think that the hugs and belly rubs and lovins that I delivered from all of you, really helped. ;) By mid afternoon I think he finally realized that I wasn't going anywhere, especially since we had a cuddle on the couch and watch t.v. session!

And he's definitely back to his normally goofy, Mr Hawkeye Doesn't Miss A Trick, self. This morning we had a new kitchen range (ceramic top - yippee) delivered, and after I let him out of the bedroom when the delivery guys left, he went trotting out into the kitchen, noticed there was something different there that wasn't there before, and proceeded to bark at it. Oh - did I mention that he's a goof??? :rolleyes::D

Daisy and Delilah
12-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Awwwww...Sparky is a genius aren't you, sweetheart? I smiled real big after I finished reading the story. So glad he's ok now, Ellie!!:) :) :)

We have some traumatizing sights occasionally around here too:)

cassiesmom
12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
My goofy boy recovered quite nicely, and I think that the hugs and belly rubs and lovins that I delivered from all of you, really helped. ;) By mid afternoon I think he finally realized that I wasn't going anywhere, especially since we had a cuddle on the couch and watch t.v. session!

And he's definitely back to his normally goofy, Mr Hawkeye Doesn't Miss A Trick, self. This morning we had a new kitchen range (ceramic top - yippee) delivered, and after I let him out of the bedroom when the delivery guys left, he went trotting out into the kitchen, noticed there was something different there that wasn't there before, and proceeded to bark at it. Oh - did I mention that he's a goof??? :rolleyes::D

Yay, Sparky! I'm glad all is well at your house! You might be a goof but you sure are cute! (((HUGS))) for Sparky and Myndi!

Asiel
12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
You and Sparky will both love that new ceramic stovetop. I find they heat up faster, cook faster, less waiting time. The only drawback is if you forget an element is still warm and you slap a plastic breadbag ( or the whole bread) on top or like I did...plopped the micro cover on the hot surface too, they do take longer to cool off. Needless to say you need determination and elbow grease to get that plastic off the stovetop. Would you believe once didn't teach me a lesson...third time for me, I think it will be the last time. The surface is so flat you just tend to lay stuff on it... just be careful so you don't have to clean up something like that. The beauty of it is that once you clean it the stove looks just as new as when they delivered it. I've had mine 6 years now and not a mark on it. The cleaning isn't all that bad...a bit time consuming...:D:D:D