PDA

View Full Version : Good Vibes Please?

Roxyluvsme13
11-29-2011, 04:34 PM
As you all know, I've had a job in my dorm this semester, which has turned out to kind of suck working as a temp. I don't get to work hardly at all, though next semester I was going to switch over to being a permanent desk assistant where I had set hours every week, if it was available.

Well, being a desk assistant is great, but it's not really my cup of tea, and what I really want to do is work in a vet clinic, I mean I'm an Animal Science major, so duh :p.

Anyway, I've applied at several, sent my resume in, even took my resume by one after emailing them. When I got there they said "Oh, I think all our positions are full." Then WHY did you tell me there were open positions in the first place? :rolleyes:

One place actually called me and wanted to interview me, but I had schedule conflicts with one of my classes and they couldn't work around that, so I wasn't even able to go to the interview.

Well, today... I was in class at school and a vet clinic called my mom asking for me. They want to talk to me about a job! :) I'm not sure if they're going to set up an interview or what as my mom said they just wanted to talk to me, but we'll see.

Can I get some good PT vibes, please? I really want to work in a vet clinic and I know this would be a great opportunity!

chocolatepuppy
11-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Pawsitive vibes headed your way Bri!:)

Karen
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Quick prayers sent your way! ;) You can use us as a reference! ;)

mrspunkysmom
11-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Vibes on the way!

moosmom
11-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Vibes coming your way from CT. Knock 'em dead at the interview, girl! I know you'll do well!!

robinh
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Prayers being said. You'll do great...you've worked hard for this and it will show when you have a chance to talk to them.

Freedom
11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Phone interviews are often the first step, BEST WISHES!

Roxyluvsme13
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone! I am so nervous about calling them... it can only be good though since they contacted me.

Also, they hire students because I checked on their website and I actually used to know one of the people that works there, sooo... I'm taking that as a good sign too!

*LabLoverKEB*
11-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Awesome! Best of luck to you, Bri!
I myself am looking for a job in the veterinary field.... and am having a very difficult time.:( I could use some PT prayers and good vibes as well if it's not too much to ask! :)

Karen
11-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Prayers on the way for you, too, Kaitlyn!

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for both of you. Good luck.:)

Lillycat
11-30-2011, 06:42 AM
......hoping for good news on the job search......

Roxyluvsme13
11-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks everyone :).

Going to get dressed and then see if my neighbors are up since we have to use their phone to call since ours just ran out of minutes. I'll update when I know something!

Awesome! Best of luck to you, Bri!
I myself am looking for a job in the veterinary field.... and am having a very difficult time.:( I could use some PT prayers and good vibes as well if it's not too much to ask! :)
Of course!

The potential interview I had said "Vet clinics are hiring all the time, just keep sending them your resume!!!"

Which is what I've been doing, but still I've been trying to get a job at a vet clinic since the summer and it's taken this long!

I'm sure you will find something soon, Kaitlyn :)

*LabLoverKEB*
11-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Prayers on the way for you, too, Kaitlyn!

Thank you thank you!!:love: And thank you too, Bri!:love:
Bri I want to hear all about your job and what you get to do when you get hired!:D

Roxyluvsme13
11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Well, good news...

I have an interview at 10:30 tomorrow morning! :D

They asked me what I was studying and what I was planning to do with my degree. They also said "I think we could offer you a good opportunity here..." so I think that sounds optimistic!

Now I just have to figure out what to wear and who to use as references, since I'm assuming they will ask for them!

ETA: Kaitlyn, I will tell you all about it if I get hired!

pomtzu
11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Yay!!! - great news, Bri. I'm sending all the positive vibes your way that I can possibly muster. I have a feeling that the job just might be yours!!! Fingers, toes, and paws crossed here in Delaware. Good luck......:)

Karen
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I am serious, you can use me as a reference, we may have never met, but I have known you for a good long time, and can vouch for how much you care about animals and how much you have learned! If you want my phone number, PM me!

Roxyluvsme13
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks!

I'm not sure they will even ask for references or make me fill out an application even, but just in case I am taking them in.

Do you all think I should go ahead and inform my current employer (my desk assistant job) that I have an interview tomorrow and ask to use her as a reference? I think they might want to talk to her anyway, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this...

*LabLoverKEB*
11-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Yay!! Congratulations on getting the interview Bri! You'll do GREAT I'm sure! Keep us updated!

Alysser
11-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm so bad at posting! I'm sorry!

Anyway, Bri this sounds like an excellent opportunity! Good luck :) and please let us know how you do!

Asiel
11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Sorry about the tardy response but the best of luck to you. Hoping the next post will be saying you got hired...

Taz_Zoee
11-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks!

I'm not sure they will even ask for references or make me fill out an application even, but just in case I am taking them in.

Do you all think I should go ahead and inform my current employer (my desk assistant job) that I have an interview tomorrow and ask to use her as a reference? I think they might want to talk to her anyway, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this...

Congrats on getting the interview!!
I think you should be able to use your current employer as a reference. That is only a temp position, right? They can't expect you to sit around and not look for a permanent job. Or just wait and see if they want to call your current place. Sometimes they don't do that because not everyone lets their current employer know they are looking for a job.

Anyway.........GOOD LUCK!! :D :D

Scooter's Mom
12-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Good luck with the interview!

Roxyluvsme13
12-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks everyone!

I have my interview in 2.5hrs. I'll report back after that.

Congrats on getting the interview!!
I think you should be able to use your current employer as a reference. That is only a temp position, right? They can't expect you to sit around and not look for a permanent job. Or just wait and see if they want to call your current place. Sometimes they don't do that because not everyone lets their current employer know they are looking for a job.

Anyway.........GOOD LUCK!! :D :D
Well, it's not really a temp position, but it is part time, and I was a sub. I was going to switch over to permanent, meaning I had set hours every week next semester... But then again, there isn't a lot of availability because there are a lot of other desk assistants. Plus, it was just an "extra money on the side" job.

I actually have to have a veterinary job if I want any chance of getting into vet school, so this one is worthwhile if I get it.

I'm going to wait and see if they want to talk to my previous employer and I'll just inform them that I'm still working there at the moment and they didn't know I was looking for another job.

Roxyluvsme13
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
So, had my interview.

It went okay. I will be working in the kennel if I get the job. The person who interviewed me is going to review everything and make decisions tomorrow and then contact people that are getting hired on Monday.

Also, I had to fill out a previous employment thing, had to list my current job, also listed my supervisor and told them it was okay to contact her. I am assuming I need to inform her that they might contact her.

How do I go about doing that now?

Karen
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Just tell her "I have applied for a job that will help me get into vet school, they might call you for a reference, okay?" She ought to understand.

Roxyluvsme13
12-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm glad you came up with that, because I had no way on how to word it!

Thanks!

Roxyluvsme13
12-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Well, no phone call today... so I don't think I got the job :(

Going to contact the person who interviewed me in the morning just in case though.

Karen
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Well, no phone call today... so I don't think I got the job :(

Going to contact the person who interviewed me in the morning just in case though.

I'd not assume anything yet, just call in the morning, be as cheery and optimistic as possible, and if they say you didn't get the position, ask if another is opening up anytime soon, etc.

Roxyluvsme13
12-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Called this morning, she was on the other line. Asked her to call me back. She won't even return my phone call, so I don't even want to bother with them anymore if they're going to be that way.

They also just posted two other ads on Craigslist for jobs, but both require "licensing" or "previous experience" so whatever.

I'll try again and keep job hunting...

Karen
12-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Okay. Drop her a handwritten note, thanking her for the interview and her time, etc. It cannot hurt!

Alysser
12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry Bri, I hope you find something soon:(

Sounds quite unprofessional...not returning a call.

Roxyluvsme13
12-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Okay. Drop her a handwritten note, thanking her for the interview and her time, etc. It cannot hurt!
Well, I don't know if she deserves my niceness if she can't even return my call, but I guess that'd be a good idea.

Sorry Bri, I hope you find something soon:(

Sounds quite unprofessional...not returning a call.
That's what I was thinking. I'm pretty mad that she can't even take the time to return a phone call.

pomtzu
12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Sorry you didn't get the job Bri, but that just means there's a better one out there waiting for you. It will find you when you're not even looking for it.

And yes, I agree - very unprofessional of that woman to not return your call. :mad:

Roxyluvsme13
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry you didn't get the job Bri, but that just means there's a better one out there waiting for you. It will find you when you're not even looking for it.

And yes, I agree - very unprofessional of that woman to not return your call. :mad:
That's how I'm trying to look at it. I'm still pretty disappointed, but then again, I don't want to work for someone that can't be courteous enough to return a phone call now that I think about it :rolleyes:. I'm going to keep looking... I really want a vet assistant job anyway, maybe one of those will come along soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get the job, Bri! :( This only means that something even better will come along for you! Stay positive, I know you'll get the perfect job!

Roxyluvsme13
12-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Guess who just posted on Craigslist with another job opening at their clinic? :rolleyes:

This place!

It's pretty much the same thing that I applied for in the first place, so apparently whoever they hired didn't work out or something!

I thought I would apply again, just for the heck of it, so that I did.

She's already interviewed me and knows I'm interested, so we'll see how this goes the second time.

Karen
12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Good luck!