PDA

View Full Version : How to find out the value of something?

Roxyluvsme13
11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Our neighbor down the road has a bear that she's been told is worth something. It's a collectible Hallmark bear, kind of big, looks similar to Winnie the Pooh, I think, but it's not WTP.

Any idea on how I could figure out if it is worth something and it's estimated value? She wants to put it on ebay or Craigslist, but I'd have no idea what to list it as for her.

Karen
11-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Create an account on eBay, and then do an "advanced search" for the item, and check the "include completed listsings" box. That should give you a good indication of what prices actually worked, and what didn't.

Roxyluvsme13
11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Create an account on eBay, and then do an "advanced search" for the item, and check the "include completed listsings" box. That should give you a good indication of what prices actually worked, and what didn't.
Yeah, I tried that and there's nothing even similar to the bear on Ebay :/ that's why I'm not sure how to figure out what to price it at.

happylabs
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Did you try Amazon? Or, just try googling what it is. Do you know what year it is from?

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Is it a stuffed bear or figurine? Can you get a picture of it?

Roxyluvsme13
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Did you try Amazon? Or, just try googling what it is. Do you know what year it is from?
Haven't tried Amazon, but will look. I tried googling, but I don't know anything about it other than it is a stuffed bear and it's huge and has a Hallmark symbol on it.

Is it a stuffed bear or figurine? Can you get a picture of it?
Stuffed bear. I can try and get a picture of it tomorrow or Wednesday! Unless I find one on Google or Amazon before then.

Also, the bear is fairly large, has a hat on, has some kind of mark on its foot, might be one that says Hallmark, I don't remember exactly. I'll get pictures asap.