PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving - Comedy of Errors... UPDATE ON #10

happylabs
11-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, my Thanksgiving was good but it didn't go off without a couple of incidents.

First of all my daughter came to help me make the desserts on Wednesday night. She was mixing and I was reading the ingredients for the pumpkin pie. I make this once a year at Thanksgiving. I read the ingredients and she added them. For some reason I skipped over the eggs. We put the pies in the oven and 50 minutes later it wasn't setting up. I figured there was something wrong with my oven and it wasn't baking. After baking them for over an hour we took them out and they were still not quite right. A couple hours later we were going over it with a friend and realized we forgot the eggs!

Guests arrived and my friend and I were putting the finishing touches on the meal. All of a sudden I hear a crash in my living room. Dad had leaned over too far in his chair and it toppled over. He was okay though.

My daughter and her boyfriend hadn't left their place yet when we were almost ready to put the meal on.

Right before I called everyone to the table, Buddy threw up on the living room carpet.

Then my daughter arrived to announce she had dropped the sweet potatoes on the floor of her car. :eek:

We all sat down to a full table though with my 80-year old parents, my son and his new wife, my daughter and her boyfriend, my brother, and my best friend in the world, Bill, who had helped me prepare the meal and had not met my family yet even though we have known each other for over 5 years.

I am thankful. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Oh...I forgot to mention one more guest. My grandpuppy Zoey came and this is the only family pic I got all day.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=418&pictureid=4919

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Ha ha! It sounds like a Thanksgiving to remember!:D Good to see Zoey!:)

Karen
11-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Awww, Zoey's posing so politely! And yup, that Thanksgiving sounds like one for the record books!

happylabs
11-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Ha ha! It sounds like a Thanksgiving to remember!:D Good to see Zoey!:)

Awww, Zoey's posing so politely! And yup, that Thanksgiving sounds like one for the record books!

I hadn't seen Zoey since the summer time. She had just had a bath and smelled so good. She was a very good girl while we ate dinner too.

redbird
11-25-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm glad you all enjoyed the day anyway. After the frustrations it looks like you sat down to a good meal with family and friends, that's what's important. I love that dog, just beautiful.

kuhio98
11-25-2011, 11:55 AM
:D:D That sounds like a typical, family Thanksgiving to me! :D:D

Now, I wasn't cooking the year this happened, but when the turkey was almost done, we smelled a burning, plastic smell. The hostess had forgotten to remove the plastic bag of giblets and gravy from the turkey cavity. :eek:

And I hold our family record for knocking over the ice tea - 2 Thanksgivings in a row. :p

Asiel
11-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Glad you could see the humour of the events. Sounds like your Thanksgiving will be one to remember for quite a while. That should make an interesting story for the grandkids later on :D
Family being together is what makes a day special and you had that.

dukedogsmom
11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
What a day. I hope you enjoyed it still, though. The thing that made me laugh the most was your only family pic. Good to see that cutie. Your description put a smile on my face.

Freedom
11-25-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm laughing -- but only cuz you seem to see the humor in it all as well. And cuz no one was injured, the food was great, and being together must have been fantastic!

I think you got the most important family member in that shot, lol! Zoey is a love, isn't she?!

happylabs
11-25-2011, 09:56 PM
What a day. I hope you enjoyed it still, though. The thing that made me laugh the most was your only family pic. Good to see that cutie. Your description put a smile on my face.

AND...my father emailed me today. He had taken pics with his digital of everyone at the table.

Guess what...he accidentally deleted them before he got them loaded on his computer!

Taz_Zoee
11-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh dear! Your house sounds like my house at the holidays. :)
Glad your father wasn't hurt when he fell. And despite everything you had a good day.

Zoey has gotten so big! She is just beautiful! :D

Oh, and I had a good laugh at your last post. Bruce did this when we were stuck in traffic after my first time snowboarding. I have no pictures to remember my first time ever snowboarding. :rolleyes: :) He had some good pix too.