PDA

View Full Version : Hoping I do this right..introducing Shamus

robinh
11-24-2011, 03:41 PM
A good Irish name for a good German dog. My SO rescued him from someone who was living in a house that didn't allow pets. This man's ex-wife took the dog when they divorced, dropped it off at a day care center and the day care center called him to say "Come get your dog". Long story short, SO was horrified that someone would even consider leaving a dachshund outside in an Iowa winter. Just the cold days we've had so far would have killed him. We were gonna foster him until I could find him a new home. Well.......he has a new home.....ours. We can't let him go. He has had a seizure since he's come to us, but it's all part of the deal. He's almost up to date on his shots since he came with his last one being given tomorrow. He's also getting his teeth cleaned tomorrow and being chipped. He's almost 8 years old and the other dogs just accepted him like he was supposed to be here.

It's not a great picture, but meet Shamus.......

robinh
11-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Since he has been used to being outside; he found this place in the back yard out of the wind, but in the sun. This is a better picture of him.

Karen
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
What a shiny handsome boy. He's obvious pretty happy now, thanks for rescuing him and giving in when he got there!

luvofallhorses
11-24-2011, 03:59 PM
He is cute! Is he a dachshund?

robinh
11-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes he is a cross between a dapple and a black and tan dachshund. We have another black and tan and another dapple dachshund. We also have a bichon and a yorkie.

robinh
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
The best part of the rescue story is that my SO told me that Woofie would be our last dog. I agreed......then he rescued another one. It just makes me smile that he was the one to do the rescuing this time. Normally, it's me. He's a good guy.

Karen
11-24-2011, 04:08 PM
It just makes me smile that he was the one to do the rescuing this time. Normally, it's me. He's a good guy.

Yeah, he's a keeper! ;)

chocolatepuppy
11-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Aww, thank goodness your SO stepped in and rescued Shamus! He's adorable!:love:

Roxyluvsme13
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
What a cutie! Congrats on your foster failure! :p

RobiLee
11-25-2011, 01:54 AM
A great big warm furry welcome to Shamus!!! What a lucky pup he is!!!

Freedom
11-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi Shamus! Looks like you've landed on your feet, in a PT home. Wonderful for you!

Hi Robin -- I had no idea you have that many dogs! All I ever knew about was the bichon! Bless you and SO for taking Shamus in. Are people nuts, leaving a Doxie outside in winter? :eek: Good job, well done, both of you!

robinh
11-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Can't ever seem to get them all in the same shot, but here are a couple showing the whole crew. It's Kirby, Shamus, Muffin, & Woofie (with SO).

robinh
11-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Here's Molly

gini
11-25-2011, 11:40 AM
God love you for taking in Shamus. He is one lucky puppy - but so are you - he is adorable.

cassiesmom
11-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi, Shamus! And hi, Kirby, Muffin, Woofie and Molly! Shamus, I like the picture of you outside in the sun but out of the wind :) You are so shiny and handsome! And I know you will have lots of fun with your doggie-family and your caring people both indoors and outdoors. ((HUGS))!!