PDA

View Full Version : Update

Sevens
11-11-2002, 04:59 PM
Just wanted to let ya'll know what's going on....I finally have reached a point that I have plenty of time for a couple of doggies, but now I don't have the money! :(

Well, at least that's the way my fiance put it...he would like to have a couple more bills paid off before we take on the responsibilities of pet ownership/guardianship...

SO, I decided yesterday to fill the gap a little bit. I am going to try to volunteer at the SPCA! Apparently they really need volunteers, so I hope they call me back for either the dog walker position or the adoption counselor position. Either way, I can help out doggies and have fun playing with them until the day comes that I'll have two of my own. :)

This is a link to the Richmond SPCA's website...and their new center they just opened in Oct.
http://www.richmondspca.org/index/grand%20opening.html

Rachel
11-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Good for you, Sevens. Being fiscally responsible will serve you well your whole life. And the prize of being able to have your own fur baby will be a real incentive to get those bills paid up quickly. In the meantime you have chosen an excellent way to relate to critters who need you most.

Logan
11-11-2002, 09:25 PM
I agree with Rachel. You are wise to wait because even a healthy dog can be expensive, let alone when they are sick. And in the meantime, you can get your "fix" and be doing noble work at the same time. Have fun!!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-12-2002, 04:58 AM
I applaude your new resolution, Seven. Thank you for being so responsible in making the decision in regards to adding a new furkid to your family.