PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Fans???

redbird
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I know the season is over but I just wondered if any of you are into baseball. I love the sport and have been a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals for over 40 years. They won their 11th World Series this year :love:so I am really happy over this. Just wondered if you like baseball and if so, who is your favorite team :)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/THANKSGIVING/trees.gif

Karen
11-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Red Sox! Lifelong fan.

Grace
11-23-2011, 06:18 PM
A fan of baseball since I first became aware of the sport - about 65 years ago :)

Love the Tigers, and the Red Sox. Cheers to Justin Verlander, AL Cy Young Award winner and AL MVP :love:

I remember the 1968 World Series between the Tigers and the Cardinals. Our Mickey Lolich was MVP of that Series - beating out both starting pitchers, Bob Gibson and Denny McClain.

Grace
11-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Adding to my baseball history - one Saturday back in July 1973, I took my son and his friend up to Tiger Stadium to see the Tigers and Angels. I still have my scorecard and ticket stub from that game. Nolan Ryan pitched the 2nd No-hitter of his career that day, striking out 16 along the way. He went on to pitch 5 more before retiring.

redbird
11-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Red Sox! Lifelong fan.

Since Tony La Russa has retired from being manager of the Cardinals, the owners were interviewing others for his job. Terry Francona was one they interviewed and it was Francona I was hoping they would hire but they didn't. I always liked him but now I heard he was staying away from managing next year and broadcasting the games instead. Every time the Sox were playing the Yankees, I rooted for the Sox. Believe it or not, I still miss Manny.

I live in NJ and should be a Yankee or Met fan but I don't like either team. I have been to St. Louis to see my team only twice, needed to fly there. It's tough having your team so far away and can't get to the games but I am on the MLB forum and I talk to all fellow Cardinal fans daily which helps a lot.

Jessika
06-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Gotta revive this thread, since I don't see an MLB one for this year yet... last year was such an amazing season for the Cards, and winning the world series... the whole playoffs for them was A-MA-ZING. Talk about baseball!

Not sad to see Pujols go. He can take his ego elsewhere :rolleyes: Granted, I did meet him at my previous job when I worked at a specialty practice, we did surgery on one of his GDS pups Honey. He was a really cool person; his wife, on the other hand... total female dog!!! So I have a feeling his "decision" was mainly his wife's doing and not so much his own... But he isn't doing so hot this year, so jokes on them I guess!

I think Matheny is doing an excellent job this year.... but, he does have an incredible team of players working for him so it isn't like he has to do much ;)

I don't expect we'll go to the WS again this year, but gotta be proud of the fact that we are the #2 team in most WS won (behind the Yankees of course with 27!!) and also tied for #2 of most WS appearances (18!). LOVE the Cards!!!!!

Lady's Human
06-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Cool sidenote:

We're a houseful of Red Sox fans.

However, MJ got the autograph from a member of the 1950's NY Yankees. :eek:

He's the father of her math teacher, and he came to talk to the class, which was nice.

david p
06-16-2012, 12:03 PM
The Pittsburgh Pirates all the way! Raise the Jolly Roger!

Grace
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Cool sidenote:

We're a houseful of Red Sox fans.

However, MJ got the autograph from a member of the 1950's NY Yankees. :eek:

He's the father of her math teacher, and he came to talk to the class, which was nice.

That's really cool! The Yankees beat the Phillies in the World Series in1950 - their 13th Series.

Karen
06-16-2012, 01:23 PM
It is kinda harder than usual being a Red Sox fan this year. Just saying ...

Grace
06-16-2012, 01:35 PM
It is kinda harder than usual being a Red Sox fan this year. Just saying ...

Oh, I do agree with you. Adding in the Tigers, it appears I'm totally screwed for the post-season :(

We have MLB Extra Innings, so I can watch all the Sox games - think my $$$ was wasted this year.

Lady's Human
06-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, I do agree with you. Adding in the Tigers, it appears I'm totally screwed for the post-season :(

We have MLB Extra Innings, so I can watch all the Sox games - think my $$$ was wasted this year.

You mean you didn't pay money to essentially watch the Paw-sox play?

Injuries, ruin a damned good reliever/setup pitcher and closer, and somehow Dice-K and Crawford still on the team, and Valentine hasn't been fired.

Karen
06-16-2012, 01:59 PM
and Valentine hasn't been fired.

And there seems to be no talk of it, either! Dagnabbit, sure he's "likable" - but the team hasn't been above .500 for more than a couple days at a time!

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter ....

Grace
06-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Dice-K . . . . . I thought he wasn't coming back to the Sox. Did no one else want him?

cassiesmom
06-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Chicago Cubs fan watching them have a very heartbreaking season under Theo Epstein and Dale Sveum. I wasn't expecting a World Series this first year. I expected that they would win more games than they lose, though.

redbird
06-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Gotta revive this thread, since I don't see an MLB one for this year yet... last year was such an amazing season for the Cards, and winning the world series... the whole playoffs for them was A-MA-ZING. Talk about baseball!

Not sad to see Pujols go. He can take his ego elsewhere :rolleyes: Granted, I did meet him at my previous job when I worked at a specialty practice, we did surgery on one of his GDS pups Honey. He was a really cool person; his wife, on the other hand... total female dog!!! So I have a feeling his "decision" was mainly his wife's doing and not so much his own... But he isn't doing so hot this year, so jokes on them I guess!

I think Matheny is doing an excellent job this year.... but, he does have an incredible team of players working for him so it isn't like he has to do much ;)

I don't expect we'll go to the WS again this year, but gotta be proud of the fact that we are the #2 team in most WS won (behind the Yankees of course with 27!!) and also tied for #2 of most WS appearances (18!). LOVE the Cards!!!!!

I've been a Cards fan for over 40 years, have gone a few managers but La Russa was my favorite and I hated to see him go. If we didn't have so many injuries this season we would probably still be in 1st place. I'm not sure about Matheny yet, this is his first time managing so he has a lot to learn. Hey Mike, just call Tony when you need some help ;) GO CARDS!!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/BASEBALL/thSTL2.gif

pomtzu
06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
In a way, it's a good thing that Pam is no longer around. Her poor Phillies - I can only imagine the flack she would be getting here. Even I, with my limited following of the team, can't believe how miserable they are performing this year! :eek:

Taz_Zoee
06-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I've been a Cards fan for over 40 years, have gone a few managers but La Russa was my favorite and I hated to see him go. If we didn't have so many injuries this season we would probably still be in 1st place. I'm not sure about Matheny yet, this is his first time managing so he has a lot to learn. Hey Mike, just call Tony when you need some help ;) GO CARDS!!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/BASEBALL/thSTL2.gif

Just saw Tony at ARF (www.arf.net) yesterday. He was there for several hours. I think it's cool when he's there and people coming in to adopt get to see him. :D

redbird
06-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Just saw Tony at ARF (www.arf.net) yesterday. He was there for several hours. I think it's cool when he's there and people coming in to adopt get to see him. :D

I would love to have seen him. I hope he is friendly toward the people, I love the fact that he loves animals so much, made me love him more.

Jessika
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I have so much respect for LaRussa, and not because he is an animal lover either. The man is a legend!

I've met Matheny before actually (and Pujols... he's cool, but his wife is cra-aaa-zyyy): he owned the land that my previous job was located at so he'd come in and do yardwork/maintenance... really down-to-earth guy. I have faith in him; sure, I didn't/don't expect another playoffs/WS visit this year, but we can also agree that we really aren't doing TOO bad, either. We were cursed with injuries last year, and the curse is continuing this year too it seems... so glad to have Skip back tonight though!!!!

david p
06-20-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm a loyal fan of my Pittsburgh Pirates. We're in 2nd place right now and now have a three game winning streak going. With players like Andy McCutheon and Pedro Alverez, we have a good chance to go all the way. Raise the Jolly Roger!

Karen
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
So any other Red Sox fans surprised they haven't fired Valentine as manager yet? I am, I mean the team cannot even stay above 500, and it's not like anything catastrophic has happened, no huge spate of injuries more than usual or anything ...

pomtzu
07-26-2012, 06:53 AM
And as the Phillies still sit in the cellar, they signed Cole Hamels to a 6 year $144 million contract. I sure hope the Phillies get their money's worth out of him, but he single handedly isn't going to bring the team up to snuff!

RICHARD
07-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I friggin cannot stand the Yankees, but I think that picking up Ichiro and giving him a chance to get to the WS is a good thing.

Go Dodgers and why did they have to get rid of baseball/softball in the Olympics?

Oh, that's right....we kick arse in both..:p;)

Karen
08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Why the heck is Valentine still employed? Anybody? I am a diehard Red Sox fan, but a casual one by any standards, and I could have likely done a heck of a better job tonight - and in fact I think just about anyone could have!

Lady's Human
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Luccino (IMO) is looking for an excuse to blow up the team, reduce payroll, and put "his" guys in place. I'm willing to bet that Beckett, Matsuzaka, Crawford, Ellsbury and possibly even Pedroia are gone after this year.

Valentine is a one year manager.

When the team hits the field next April, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to tell the players without a scorecard.

Karen
08-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Luccino (IMO) is looking for an excuse to blow up the team, reduce payroll, and put "his" guys in place. I'm willing to bet that Beckett, Matsuzaka, Crawford, Ellsbury and possibly even Pedroia are gone after this year.

Valentine is a one year manager.

When the team hits the field next April, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to tell the players without a scorecard.

If he does that, he's gonna have an awful lot more annoyed (to put it mildly) fans ...

Lady's Human
08-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't think team ownership cares.

After all, look at the attendance history of the Red Sox. Even when the team was abysmal the stadium was filled. I think Luccino is going to go down the same path that the Bruins went down.....as long as there are butts in the seats, who cares whether they win or not? It only took the Bruins ownership 10-15 years to figure out that that wans't a good long term option.

Karen
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Is it bad that I sometimes don't even bother to check the score of the game the next day when it's a West Coast game that ends in the wee hours of the morning here, just check the standings to see "x losses (in a row)" and see how far back they are in the standings? And you know, this year I have not even heard any "wait 'til next year," which has been the perennial cry of Red Sox fans for as long as I can remember! I don't think anyone has a clue who or what the team will look like next year enough to pin any hopes on it - and for Red Sox fans, that's saying a LOT!

Sigh.

Karen
09-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Now that the Red Sox are hopelessly out of the running, I will root for the Orioles! A classic T-shirt around these parts is "My Favorite MLB Baseball Teams ... #1 Red Sox, #2 Anyone who will beat the Yankees!"

It's bad when the biggest "news" the team is making right now is due to a stupid, but hardly even worth mentioning, quote the manager made on talk radio. Sigh.

Go Orioles!

Jessika
09-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Re: Chipper Jones' retiring...

There's a bar in downtown Atlanta that a lot of the Braves players frequent, and in honor of Chipper's retirement they are renaming the bar to "Chipper's Bar and Music Hall", and MY BOYFRIEND gets to design the bar's new logo!! So proud of him :D

Karen
09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Re: Chipper Jones' retiring...

There's a bar in downtown Atlanta that a lot of the Braves players frequent, and in honor of Chipper's retirement they are renaming the bar to something in his name (can't remember exactly what it is...) and MY BOYFRIEND gets to design the bar's new logo!! So proud of him :D

How fun! You'll have to post a picture when it's done!

cassiesmom
09-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I heard on the news about Brandon McCarthy, who pitches for the Oakland A's but used to pitch for the White Sox in 2005 and 2006. He was struck in the head by a batted ball, which caused a skull fracture and bleeding inside his head. From what they said, it sounded like they didn't think he was hurt that badly at first; but then it became more apparent that something was wrong. He needed surgery to take the pressure off his brain. That is scary. I hope he comes through with flying colors.

Jessika
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
How fun! You'll have to post a picture when it's done!

You quoted me too fast before I could edit it with the new name lol! Since we live in St. Louis I'm not sure we'll be able to get a pic but maybe they'll post something on facebook! It's always neat seeing his artwork popping up on facebook (he does a lot of work for bands and music festivals, did work for the St. Louis Blues last season and had stuff up on Billboards around StL, etc) so I'll see if I can find something when it's done :)

Jessika
09-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Here's their facebook page, where they've already uploaded his logo as their profile pic!

http://www.facebook.com/PeachtreeTavernAtlanta

And here's information on the event, for anyone in the Atlanta area that may be interested:

http://bizwire.net/peachtreetavern/2012/09/13/chippers-bar-and-music-hall/

Grace
10-03-2012, 11:19 PM
:love: Miguel Cabrera :love:

.330 - 44 - 139

First in 45 years :)

Karen
10-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Big Congratulations to Mr. Cabrera!

And thank goodness this dismal season for the Red Sox is over, although I am sure the drama will continue!

cassiesmom
10-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Ohhhhh, Cubbies. All those big changes at the top, and the outcome was pretty much the same in the end.

And White Sox ... you hung on until the very end. It was a nail-biter September for sure!

smokey the elder
10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera, winning the batting Triple Crown for the first time since the Red Sox's own Carl Yastrzemski (sp!:D)

redbird
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
!

Well the Cards are still in it so far. We got the Wild Card and play Atlanta Friday night. As you know, it's a must win game for us, Go Cards, let's get to the NLDS.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/BASEBALL/Cardinals8.gif

Karen
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Seeing as my beleaguered Red Sox are out (thank goodness) for the season, I will root for your red birdies!

Lady's Human
10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Bobby V is out.

I are shocked.

The search should be simple. Call Terry Francona and ask what it would take to get him back.

/end search.

RICHARD
10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
the braves got jobbed.

I wonder if that was a replacement umpire.

Thanks Chipper.

Jessika
10-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Everyone keeps blaming the "bad call" for the Braves' loss. Even without the "bad call", they had plenty of opportunities to recover and tie (or win) the game... but didn't. They had errors left and right. But fact is the Cardinals just played a better game tonight.

In the future though if they're going to have a wild card playoff they really should make it the best of 3 games.

(Not saying that's what you're saying, Richard, just making a comment in general. I get it that people are upset that they lost, but they did not lose due to one ump's bad call).

Lady's Human
10-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Everyone keeps blaming the "bad call" for the Braves' loss. Even without the "bad call", they had plenty of opportunities to recover and tie (or win) the game... but didn't. They had errors left and right. But fact is the Cardinals just played a better game tonight.

In the future though if they're going to have a wild card playoff they really should make it the best of 3 games.

(Not saying that's what you're saying, Richard, just making a comment in general. I get it that people are upset that they lost, but they did not lose due to one ump's bad call).

The bad call wasn't the sole cause for the loss, however, the MLB appeals process is a joke.

Frankly, the additional wild card team is a bad idea, because if there's anything more than a 1 game playoff for the wild card teams, you're going to wind up with baseball in december, and NO playoff series should be a single game.

Jessika
10-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Frankly, the additional wild card team is a bad idea, because if there's anything more than a 1 game playoff for the wild card teams, you're going to wind up with baseball in december, and NO playoff series should be a single game.
I'm not a fan of the idea of having a playoff game for a wildcard spot in the first place, either. Just seems to me like it's there to make a couple extra million dollars from fans for no reason. Yeah I get it, Cards wouldn't be in the post-season now without it, but that's the point of the wild card... it's like a last chance spot. Now it's not even a last chance spot... just adds more stress not only on the teams but the fans also...

RICHARD
10-09-2012, 12:34 PM

Gotcha, I had just sat down to watch the game and two seconds later 'the call' happened.

I didn't see the whole game, just that play.

--------------------

I really thing that OGPOs suck.

Back in the 80's the Dodgers won their last three games of the season to force a one-game playoff which they lost.

They won all three games with late inning homeruns and crashed and burned in the PO.

A pal of mine had purchased tickets to the Friday game and concert tickets for Saturday.
I had bought tickets to the Saturday game and when we compared notes, we knew we were going to have to pick the concert or game for Sat night.

But, as the week end series grew closer? They changed the Saturday game time to 10 a.m. so they could get it on the Game of the Week broadcast.

So, we went to the game on Friday night, got hammered, woke up on Saturday about 8, all hung over, went back to the stadium, saw the game, then went to the concert that night.

:rolleyes::eek::D

RICHARD
10-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Late baseball makes me wake up tired.

Great late baseball makes me wake up feeling pretty good.:D

Taz_Zoee
10-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I am not a huge baseball fan. Actually just started really watching it when the Giants won in 2010, then St Louis last year (I volunteer at Tony LaRussa's animal shelter) and now both Bay Area teams (Giants and A's) are in the playoffs. Both must win game 5 today. It's a crazy time in the Bay!!! :D :D

Jessika
10-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Cards only need to win one more to advance to round two... The Nationals may have had a stellar regular season, but now they're faltering in the post-season heat!! They're performing so poorly I almost feel sorry for them... But only for a second because I obviously want my Cards to win :D

Pinot's Mom
10-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Holding my breath - another game tonight - GO O'S!;)

Karen
10-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Pinot, all of Boston is rooting for your Orioles with you! :)

Jessika
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Espeon is ready and rooting for the Cards!!!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562033_10151274052304048_55932513_n.jpg

Pinot's Mom
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Bye, O's - see you next season - thanks for the first MAGICAL season in 15 years!! Our hearts are broken, but you gave your all.

RICHARD
10-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Espeon is ready and rooting for the Cards!!!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562033_10151274052304048_55932513_n.jpg

"I, like the Cards, Have nine lives......."

redbird
10-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I was so excited last night watching my team win the game after losing most of the way. Good luck Cardinals in the NLCS, you deserve to be there after the miracle you pulled last night.

Jessika
10-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I was so excited last night watching my team win the game after losing most of the way. Good luck Cardinals in the NLCS, you deserve to be there after the miracle you pulled last night.

They don't call us the Cardiac Cardinals (or Comeback Cardinals) for nothin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was CRAZY last night!!!! Everyone was outside shouting and cheering and shooting off fireworks!!!!!

redbird
10-14-2012, 11:03 AM
They don't call us the Cardiac Cardinals (or Comeback Cardinals) for nothin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was CRAZY last night!!!! Everyone was outside shouting and cheering and shooting off fireworks!!!!!

I was shouting and cheering here in Jersey too, what a game. Can't wait till tonight to see our boys play in the NLCS, Go Cards.

Grace
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
My team is now up 2 games on the Yankees. Too bad the announcers on TBS seemed to forget there were 2 teams involved - it was all about New York :confused:

I saw Jeter's fall last night, or rather very early this morning. That was so terrible :(

redbird
10-15-2012, 10:22 AM
I have been rooting for the Tigers to beat the Yankees but if they do get to the WS and play against the Cards, then I will root, of course for my Cardinals. Never liked the Yanks at all.

Jessika
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I have been rooting for the Tigers to beat the Yankees but if they do get to the WS and play against the Cards, then I will root, of course for my Cardinals. Never liked the Yanks at all.
The Yankees have won enough WS...

Karen
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I am also rooting for the Tigers, as is most of Boston! It is too bad about Derek Jeeter, though, that's a bad "break" for him personally, but there's little doubt that previous injuries he ignored likely contributed to it.

phesina
10-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Go TIGERS!!!!!

Karen
10-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I am keeping the game on in the background, just to keep rooting for the Tigers!

Grace
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Bless You Boys :love:

One more to go :love:

phesina
10-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Bless You Boys :love:

One more to go :love:

Same from me!

Grace
10-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Bless You Boys

8 - 1

SWEEP

RICHARD
10-18-2012, 07:17 PM
The king is dead, long live the king.

-------------------

Go STL.

phesina
10-18-2012, 07:24 PM
bless you boys

8 - 1

sweep

Hooray!!!!!

Pinot's Mom
10-18-2012, 07:28 PM
yay!
bless you boys

8 - 1

sweep

Karen
10-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Congratulations to Detriot for the sweep!

Jessika
10-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Was hoping the Cards won last night to avoid going back to San Fran... First off because winning the division in your home town is incredible, secondly because that was the only post season game I've ever been to (got tickets for my dad!!). Hoping they won at a game we were at... how incredible that would have been. But it's ok. Threes still 2 more chances!!

redbird
10-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Was hoping the Cards won last night to avoid going back to San Fran... First off because winning the division in your home town is incredible, secondly because that was the only post season game I've ever been to (got tickets for my dad!!). Hoping they won at a game we were at... how incredible that would have been. But it's ok. Threes still 2 more chances!!

Yepper, tonight is the night, hopefully we will get the win and meet Detroit in the WS. Good luck Redbirds...

cassiesmom
10-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Cardinals and Giants, you are making my heart stop with this series!

The White Sox and Cubs' offices both announced slight decreases in ticket prices for the 2013 season. MLB in Chicago is crazy expensive. I wish ours were more like the one where the Milwaukee Brewers play, right off the highway and loads of nearby parking.

redbird
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM

It's unfortunate that the Cards didn't make it this year but am still happy we made it as far as we did with Mike Matheny the rookie manager. We are always in the middle of things, our team is great. Go Cards in 2013. Congrats to the Tigers and Giants for making it to the WS. Don't know who I'm rooting for yet, I like both managers and just love Verlander.

cassiesmom
10-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Ozzie Guillen was dismissed by the Florida Marlins after only one season as their manager. I don't think their record was as bad as the Cubs' was. There's always next year :-|

Jessika
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
It's unfortunate that the Cards didn't make it this year but am still happy we made it as far as we did with Mike Matheny the rookie manager. We are always in the middle of things, our team is great. Go Cards in 2013. Congrats to the Tigers and Giants for making it to the WS. Don't know who I'm rooting for yet, I like both managers and just love Verlander.
I'm the type of person who doesn't really watch post-season unless my team makes it.. granted, I've never quite been into baseball as I have the past few years so maybe I'll keep an eye on the season.

Honestly, everyone kept hoping for a miracle to save the Cardinals. Bottom line is, there was never a miracle, the Cardinals always saved themselves because they had that determination to win. But I have NEVER seen the team's morale just deflate the way I saw it the last three games they played against the Giants. It was like they just gave up. Rolled over and handed it to them. It was pathetic and embarrassing, not only for them, but for me!! Any time a player went up to bat you could juts tell they were thinking "lets get this over with...".

I have many a Braves fan friends who immediately started rubbing it in my face when they lost game 7, and mind you, I am never the type of person to rub victories in others' faces (so never understood why people felt the need to do it to me... but whatever).

Disappointing end to a season, but if you think about it we were never supposed to make it this far, either. There's always next season :)

cassiesmom
10-28-2012, 11:53 PM
There was a World Series game tonight and I missed it completely! I thought game 4 was tomorrow. :mad:

Taz_Zoee
10-29-2012, 09:41 AM
WOO HOO!! Giants did it again!! And I can't believe they swept the Tigers!
It's going to be a very happy Halloween in San Francisco. :D

phesina
10-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I bet there's are a lot of chortling going on in New York now..

Sad ending for our Tigers, but still.. Bless You, Boys for the fine, exciting season!

Jessika
10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I don't feel as bad now, losing to the Giants who swept the Tigers in the WS... at least we weren't swept and at least we didn't lose to a team that got swept! :D