PDA

View Full Version : Betty and the kits- good news and not so good

Barbara
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Let's start with the kittens: They are thriving, and are happy and healthy. They are 10 weeks old now and 2 of them just left for their new home.
Their new family wrote the next day and sent pictures: they have new names: Maggie and May and are having kitten fun and are allowed to sleep in bed.

Betty however has been an unhappy camper in the last weeks: she wanted to go outside - but came in right after and began not the use the litterbox anymore but left her poo under the bed. Christine took her to the vet and the vet found giardia and spoolworms. So she and the kittens were treated (although the kittens did not show any symptoms) - but Betty stayed unhappy.
Plus: she had always attacked the resident cats - even big Karlo. Jeanny got so scared of her that she spent her days in the cellar and began to pee there. With a heavy heart Christine decided not to keep Betty. Betty is now in an excellent foster home and we are trying to find the purrfect place for her. She seems not like other cats- but she sure loves humans and is a very cuddly and friendly cat. She left last weekend and we felt thatanyway she had started to have less contact with the remaining kittens.

The kittens that stayed are Timmy (maybe not the final name) who will have a home with someone in my team at work. As her new mom feels she should have time off when the kitten comes home she asked whether she could leave Timmy with us until Christmas. :D

And the fourth baby Lucy will now stay. She is Karlo's best friend ;)

But- one day after betty left, her new foster mom called saying that Betty still had milk. So Christine brought Timmy to her for another week. Betty who did not want to stay with the kittens in the last week here, greeted Timmy and began to clean her.

Our hearts go up and down with all these troubles. Many of you have been going through too-many-cats trouble and we feel bad that Betty will have to look for another home again. But Jeanny is back in the flat and back to using the litterbox again so we hope it will all turn out for the best.

I have some new pictures but they are still in the camera- the pre-Xmas frenzy is already getting to me.

lizbud
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the update Barbara.:) Seems like more good news than
disapointment. I'm glad all the babies are doing well. Momma cat Betty
just refuses to go along with the "script".:)Cats want what they want &
we can't do much about that. I do hope she gets her one cat home
and has a happy life ahead. Great work on your part.:)

Karen
11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Aww, I am glad the kittens are all thriving, and hope things settle down for Betty soon, too.

Freedom
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Love reading about the kittens, thanks for the update.

Perhaps (just a maybe) once she is spayed Betty will do better with other cats.