PDA

View Full Version : Adopting a new kitten today! Any name suggestions?

Jenn&Dean
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm adopting a new kitten today so I'm no longer so lonley after my Dean got lost and ran away about 3 months ago, I finally feel ready for a new snuggly kitten.

I'm having a hard time with a name. Any suggestions?

Karen
11-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Butterscotch is cliché, but what sprung to mind! It's Thanksgiving, maybe something to do with that? He's too light to be Pumpkin Pie, but ...

Husker? - Kansas being pretty well known for corn fields ...

pomtzu
11-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Biscuit

Buffy

Tanner

Sandy

katladyd
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Tigger
Jack (for Jack-o-Lantern if the kitty is a boy)
Peaches (for a girl)
Marmalade
:)

maerlyn
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I feel as though you have to live with the kitty for a while and let his/her personality come through. When I acquired a longhaired grey kitten in 1990, I thought I'd call him Paddy. Didn't seem right, somehow. And then one day, I realized he was such a "charmer," and with that long grey hair - Merlin seemed a natural! :D

You've got some really nice suggestions right now; I'd add Sorbet - it's a soft color, like the kitty.

Good luck - may you be blessed with many, many happy and healthy years on Earth!

Grace
11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I feel as though you have to live with the kitty for a while and let his/her personality come through. When I acquired a longhaired grey kitten in 1990, I thought I'd call him Paddy. Didn't seem right, somehow. And then one day, I realized he was such a "charmer," and with that long grey hair - Merlin seemed a natural! :D

You've got some really nice suggestions right now; I'd add Sorbet - it's a soft color, like the kitty.

Good luck - may you be blessed with many, many happy and healthy years on Earth!

I agree - you need to get a feel for the kitty. We thought we had a name all picked out for Duffy when we got him - changed it within a week when it just didn't "fit".

Pinot's Mom
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree - you need to get a feel for the kitty. We thought we had a name all picked out for Duffy when we got him - changed it within a week when it just didn't "fit".

I agree, too, but you might start with Pumpkin..;)

Jenn&Dean
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I think you're right, I just need to spend some time with him and a name will naturally come to me.

Only 1.5 hours until I go pick him up!

sallyandsnowx
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
She's cutie, I love her coloring. :D As for a name suggestion...hmm... Autumn? Since it's fall (even though it feels like winter sometimes :rolleyes:) Congratulations on the new kitty!

mrspunkysmom
11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Names can be hard to choose or not. Sandy as short for Sandalwood? I usually go with whatever pops in my mind.

Can't wait to see more pix of your newest family member.

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2011, 12:33 AM
He's adorable and I'm sure that in time you'll come up with a great name.:) Congrats and I can't wait to hear more about him and hopefully see some more pictures too.:)

catmandu
11-23-2011, 09:31 AM
My friend Greg suggests Sunny:love:
I would love it you could cal him Michael, or Michelle as the case may be in honor of My Dear Little Friend Michael , My Dream Cat, Mr Mister Purrr.
:cool::love::)

Jenn&Dean
11-23-2011, 09:44 AM
We made it through the first night! I realized I haven't had a kitten in a LONG time!

If "Heathen" had a better ring to it, that might be his new name! Haha.

But I think I'm going to name him Finnigan Dean. Call him Finn for short.

I had an almost sleepless night of feet attacking, walking on my head, and attacking the blinds, I think he will keep me young.

I'm already in love with the little booger.

Jenn&Dean
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I tried to capture more pictures of him, but he was so fast they all kept coming out blurry, I will continue to try to get some good pics for PT!

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2011, 11:41 AM
We made it through the first night! I realized I haven't had a kitten in a LONG time!

If "Heathen" had a better ring to it, that might be his new name! Haha.

But I think I'm going to name him Finnigan Dean. Call him Finn for short.

I had an almost sleepless night of feet attacking, walking on my head, and attacking the blinds, I think he will keep me young.

I'm already in love with the little booger.

LOL When my two boys,Alani and Blaze, were kittens they would both get into a lot things. I then thought that I should've renamed them Trouble and Rascal.:) I still call them Double Trouble and I also call Blaze my little Rascal. Enjoy his kittenhood because they grow up so fast.:)

acextreme
11-23-2011, 11:47 AM
He looks like an Oliver to me!

acextreme
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
He looks like a Oliver to me.