PDA

View Full Version : Good Boy! Stay!

Buddy_Lee
11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Just got back from Hilton Head SC. Saw these guys along the road.

Karen
11-21-2011, 03:05 PM
I have always wanted to see one and never was able to, even though we drove around parts of Florida where folks were sure they'd be!

pomtzu
11-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I got to see them up close and personal at a park in the Everglades when I was visiting my brother when he still lived there. People were sitting by the water's edge and those big guys would pop up right in front of them, but the people never moved and the gators would slip back into the water. I admired them from afar - all the way across the other side of the parking lot! :eek:

Buddy_Lee
11-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I admired them from afar - all the way across the other side of the parking lot! :eek:

I definitely used the zoom feature on my camera.:D

Asiel
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
The Everglades is exactly where we saw them when we used to go for winters yrs ago with the kids. kids were always willing to venture too close for my comfort though, we used to watch from a safe distance...too far according to others who didn't mind getting closer.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I have always wanted to see one and never was able to, even though we drove around parts of Florida where folks were sure they'd be!
When my brother-in-law visited us in Florida we had to take him to one of the local springs so he could see a gator. He'd only seen them in a zoo before and he wanted to see one in the wild. :)