PDA

View Full Version : Dog Parks

TheAntiPam
11-04-2001, 10:53 AM
Here is an easy link to finding a dog park in your area. I don't know how comprehensive it is, but check it out.
http://www.dogpark.com

(sorry if I'm repeating previously posted info)

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]

AdoreMyDogs
11-05-2001, 08:09 AM
Thank you SO much! I have been trying to get info on the dog park in my area but I couldn't find anyone with info on it, and everything I could possibly need to know about the great dog park in my area is on that site! I appreciate it. I now know where it is, how big it is, what kind of terrain they have, how much it costs per car/day, and I learned that they provide poop bags and they have water fountains specially made for dogs.

Yeah!!!

TheAntiPam
11-05-2001, 07:10 PM
Since posting the link above, I have been informed that there are many other dog parks which are not very well known or publicized. My understanding is that some communities want to keep the parks low-profile to prevent overuse and abuse of the facilities. Even if you don't see it on the list, there might be one in your city, so ask at the groomers or the obedience classes

Also, that site has a place for you to add your neighborhood dog park to their list!

sammi
11-10-2001, 06:48 PM
Jackie's post isn't showing up or is it just me?

AdoreMyDogs
11-10-2001, 06:59 PM
I thought it was my browser :) Strange...I checked several times and no Jackie. Maybe she created a post and then deleted it? Or maybe just a glitch in the program? Strange.

shais_mom
11-11-2001, 08:23 PM
Advocating Dog Parks

If you want to set up a dog park in your
neighborhood,
you're going to need the support of other dog
owners. Word
of mouth is one of your best weapons. Slip the leash
on
your dog and go for a walk. Talk to everyone you see
walking a dog about the possibility of starting a
park.